Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remag42

Acne is the biggest problem I have had in my entire life...

Acne  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Is acne the biggest problem you have had in your entire life?

• Yes, nothing has affected me as much as acne.
    • No, it isn't my biggest priority, I have worse problems.
    • No, but I have been dealing with it longer than any problem.

Terrific poll, it's a unique question. I hate to admit the answer is yes, but it truly is. Sure, my life has had other problems, but none of them have shaken my self identity as much as acne has.

like iliad, i sadly have to say that acne is my biggest problem. i got loads of other problems, but acne has totally ruined the last year of my life, and its gonna be another 6 months until its clear...

Throughout my life, I have always recognized that as a single problem, Acne was the most devastating issue, the one that bothered me most, was on my mind the most, the one that I gave the most effort to.

I would say acne is truthfully. I'm not sure if it was the acne itself or the problems it caused mentally, or maybe made me realize the problems I had.

Makes me sound kind of shallow but theres nothing else I think about every single morning when I wake up.

Yep Acne has been a big struggle for me, I've had an easy life aside from that.

Though my nightmare seems to be coming to an end, it has been getting much, much better over the last 2 months and I'm finally starting to become moderately pleased with my skin, I believe by December I will be quite clear! It's mainly fading marks for me.

It's quite awesome that my face has been getting so much better, especially since I now sit next to a really nice girl in my new college class and will be with her for 2 years! Woop :)

Even so, I have to say that if acne is the worst thing that happens to you in your whole life, you can still have a pretty good one. Right?

You may be right Mustang. I was just making a conjecture, though I'm not sure where I stand. I think what makes acne so hard is that unlike many of life's other difficulties, it can cause a person to despise himself.

Lose a love? You still love yourself and you move on. Lose a car or job? You still care about yourself, and you carry on. Contract a life threatening illness? You still desire to live and you press on. Wind up with several years of severe acne? You begin to hate yourself, blame yourself, it is one difficulty no one else can understand or help you with, and you fade away.

my self image regarding my skin has been a very contributing factor to alot of the negativity in my life

I think that most if lifes challenges are much easier to deal with if you have your health. I've put my poor battered body though a lot, but the ol' acne is just relentless. Trying not only to get over my own lack of self esteem because of it, but then also dealing with other people's ignorance / judgement.....

well, it's certainly been the longest running battle, and therefore feels like the hardest

xx

I think it started out as hating my skin, hating acne, but after a while my identity became muddled. People attach so much of their self identity to their appearance. If you hate what you see in the mirror every day for years on end, well at some point it's not your skin you're hating but yourself. Sorry friends, not trying to sound baleful and depressed. ^_^ I'm not at that point in my life right now, but looking back I can see it for what it was.

Definitely a big no for me. It's a problem, and it's been a problem for a long time. But I have/have had way worse problems, both medically and emotionally and for much longer than I've had acne.

I know acne can be emotionally and physically devastating.. but honestly, if acne was my worse problem, I'd be pretty damn happy.

I think it started out as hating my skin, hating acne, but after a while my identity became muddled. People attach so much of their self identity to their appearance. If you hate what you see in the mirror every day for years on end, well at some point it's not your skin you're hating but yourself. Sorry friends, not trying to sound baleful and depressed. ^_^ I'm not at that point in my life right now, but looking back I can see it for what it was.

My thoughts exactly. I've been hating what I see in the mirror for so long that even when my skin is good, my mind is in a very dark place.

I've had severe acne since 12...the emotional scars took very long to heal. With most other problems like divorce, mental illness, physical disability etc, there is a shoulder to cry on. Acne is torture in solitude.

Seriously, other than acne, I don't have many other problems, atleast emotionally involved. A lot of things in my life have been influenced by me having acne in the first place, so if my acne clears, then I just have to deal with the 'normal' problems that most 19 years old have to deal with.

soo far from it,

if acne is your biggest problem, you are dead lucky

true

and actually my bigger problems make me forget about my acne... and I don't have time to deal with it until I solve my other situations.

if acne is your biggest problem is either a big cystic breakout that would mess up your mind or you haven't lived life long enough

If acne is genuinely the worst issue you've ever had to face, then you've lived a very sheltered life.

For me it has been one of the longest, but by no means the worst; even when severe.

I think so too.... When my face is cleared i can deal with all kinds of problems that life brings. Then i start breaking out and everything else is non important, and i become overwhelm by everything. :boohoo: