Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
punchito

is acne contagious?

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but hear me out.

I'm teaching in college and I have a student with acne, and it's clear he does nothing about it. How do I know? The smell. I didn't think I was teaching him today, but I could smell that filthy grease stench in the corridor in front of the class, and knew he was inside.

Anyway, I'm teaching in this absoutely midget-sized room (no fresh air ftl) and he's sitting no more than 2 feet away from me, and I can literally taste the damn grease in my mouth. TASTEit. FFS it reminds me of 8 years ago when I started suffering from acne and was trying to work out wtf to do.

If I can smell it (enough to get me 50% towards throwing up) and TASTE it, is it possible that it might clog my pores and get me breaking out quickly once I'm off accutane? The classroom doesn't even have any damn windows!

I doubt it would cause you to break out him having acne, thats sounds silly. But if its too humid in the room you may break out. Don't say anything to the student he may not be bothered by his acne as much as other people may be. Its up to him if he wants to do something about it.