Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justplainsickofit

$500 TO WHOEVER IDENTIFIES WHAT I HAVE AND HOW I TREAT IT

Okay, so I've had this problem for nearly two years now. Right now, I'm not too sure what it is. In the past, I've suspected that it could be acne, post-inflammatory acne, perioral dermatitis, and have basically tried all the treatments to these diagnosis to no avail.

I've tried Differin, BP, SA, Azelaic acid, ACV, steroid creams, oral antibiotics, changing toothpaste, blah blah, but no, this thing won't budge. What's worst is that it seems to be spreading a bit down towards the chin...

I've finally found a way to take better pictures that's bright enough to see better but not too bright that it's completely white. A tip for all those trying to take pictures, do not use the flash on the cam. Instead, get a small mirror, shine a light down onto the mirror and reflect onto your area of target...then click.

What I seem to have are these little bumps the completely line the edge of my lips. The bumps are also below the mouth (goatee area) and at the side of the side. The heads are mostly somewhere transparent but not really...like if you dab a spot of clear gel onto your fingertip, that's what it looks like but miniature. The heads can also sometimes be white and it's possible to squeeze white stuff (this is pus right?) out of these sometimes. It seems to me like clogged inflamed pores, but exfoliating doesn't do anything.

Anyway, like I said, I've almost had this for 2 years and it has affected me quite a bit...so please help out if you know anything!

Here are my pics:

Goatee area

post-71663-1221312509_thumb.jpg

Top left of lip

post-71663-1221312605_thumb.jpg

Top right of lip

post-71663-1221312627_thumb.jpg

Top right of lip(2)

post-71663-1221312641_thumb.jpg

Top right of lip(3)

post-71663-1221312652_thumb.jpg

Goatee area(2)

post-71663-1221312666_thumb.jpg

Goatee and right of lip area

post-71663-1221312685_thumb.jpg

Whole area

post-71663-1221312695_thumb.jpg

Top of lip and philtrum area

post-71663-1221313538_thumb.jpg

Please I beg anyone who has anything on this to come forward. :snooty:

P.S Don't actually have the $500, but if each of my thank you were worth $1, in theory you would be a billionaire :rolleyes:

post-71663-1221312509_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312605_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312627_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312641_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312652_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312666_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312685_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221312695_thumb.jpg

post-71663-1221313538_thumb.jpg

But the post-inflammatory acne diagnosis was made by the dermatologist, of which he prescribed me the Differin on first visit (failed), the steroid ointment on 2nd visit (failed) so I've stopped going to him...both prescriptions made me worst.

If these are indeed oil clogs, how do I deal with them?

But the post-inflammatory acne diagnosis was made by the dermatologist, of which he prescribed me the Differin on first visit (failed), the steroid ointment on 2nd visit (failed) so I've stopped going to him...both prescriptions made me worst.

If these are indeed oil clogs, how do I deal with them?

I get those sometimes too...But I have mild/moderate acne so I was perscribed accutane. It doesn't seem like your skin is too bad, but I am sure it is annoying. Accutane gets ride of excess sebum (oil) that causes breakouts. Maybe, and I'm not a derm so you would have to ask, they could put you on a very low dose of accutane to dry up and clear up your pores. If you have oily skin and are prone to breakouts it would help greatly. My skin has already seen a good amount of improvement and I've only been on it for about 2 months now. Accutane has a good amount of pretty serious side affects, but a low dose wouldn't (in theory) make these side affects unbearable. It's probably best to talk to your derm! Good Luck!

It truly looks like a fungal infection.....steroids, antibiotics, differin.....all of them would make it worse/or do nothing. Does it itch or become weepy? If it does, it's fungus. You can get an over the counter anti-fungal shampoo and gently wash the area 2-3 times a day for a week....if it improves, you have your diagnosis. Then see your GP or Derm. and get a prescription for a stronger anti-fungal. Good luck...Sara

No I don't have a lot of facial hair. But do hairs grow on the edge of the lips??? They don't have that ingrown hair look (ingrown hair usually have like a coiled up hair inside that looks like a tiny black circle on top) so no I don't think so.

You have tried something for fungus....so it's not that....mmmm....and you said it does not itch....does it burn or tingle....is it painful? What I am thinking....could it be bacterial or a viral infection? Have you tried a sulfur wash...it is prescription...Plexion is a good one...Being a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner, I am very good with infants and children and their skin problems....but adults...I am going to look in our Dermatology journals and see if I can find something. I will write soon. Sara

Hey Sara,

Not painful, no burn or tingle. I've never thought that it could be viral...not too sure how you get that. But yea, I look forward to hearing from those journals you gonna lookup....

I've been trying Tea Tree Oil for like the last 3 days after my face wash on that area, and it does give a cool burning sensation...don't know if that's much of a clue...

I could be wrong: However, I think it looks like sebaceous hyperplasia, with those lumps there. Like I said, I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like...is it just all these small lumps? If it is, it might be that.

I have little bumps like that too. Mine are right in the crease where my lip meets my chin, and in the creases of my nostrils. I've had them for years, and even when my skin's clear, they're still there. Thank goodness they're next to impossible to see.

I could be wrong: However, I think it looks like sebaceous hyperplasia, with those lumps there. Like I said, I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like...is it just all these small lumps? If it is, it might be that.

I had a look at the pics of Seb. Hyperplasia. My bumps aren't as big....

I have little bumps like that too. Mine are right in the crease where my lip meets my chin, and in the creases of my nostrils. I've had them for years, and even when my skin's clear, they're still there. Thank goodness they're next to impossible to see.

Might want to find out how to get rid of them before you get worst like I did...

yup, me too. I think they're just a normal texture of the skin in those areas, completely unnoticeable, and nothing to be concerned about. Also, you're irritating the crap out of them.

btw - c'est - I got your PM - no prob ;) Sorry I didn't get back to ya :angel:

milia.

Hmm yea I thought about that but I don't think it is as Milia is much larger, where as I have to stretch out my skin in order to see it. But thank you Andrew...

I agree with Andrew that it looks like milia, which are basically clogged pores. Have you tried an exfoliating product?

milia.

Hmm yea I thought about that but I don't think it is as Milia is much larger, where as I have to stretch out my skin in order to see it. But thank you Andrew...

I agree with Andrew that it looks like milia, which are basically clogged pores. Have you tried an exfoliating product?

If facial scrubs counts as exfoliating, then yes!

yup, me too. I think they're just a normal texture of the skin in those areas, completely unnoticeable, and nothing to be concerned about. Also, you're irritating the crap out of them.

btw - c'est - I got your PM - no prob ;) Sorry I didn't get back to ya :angel:

No they're not the normal texture of the skin in those area. Mine started out in the goatee area (like c'est) then it got to the side of my mouth and finally worked its way right around the lip. The side of my mouth became really dark brown (like I've eaten a block of chocolate and forgotten to wipe my mouth) Then I have whiteheads forming in multiples which can't be squeezed...how is this nothing to be concerned about???

maybe you look in the mirror more than you should be.

You've been of great help......

I posted on this forum to receive help, NOT to get these kind of unhelpful remarks.