Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MysteryX58

My Acne...

Hello everyone!

I'm Phil, and im From New York. I have been suffering from acne since i was about 13. Started out on my chin, and hasn't left since...Now it has erupted on my forehead. I have been to the dermatologist about 5 times, and been on a few things such as MinoCycline, Doxycline, Benzaclin, and even in store products such as acne-free, oxy, and a few others...I still can not find something to cure my acne. I am now a senior in high school and still suffering, but enough chit chat on to the pics!

th_IMG_1454.jpg

th_IMG_1455.jpg

th_IMG_1456.jpg

If anyone has any related situatuons, please do tell...Also if anyone has any ideas for me, let me know, ill try anything im desperate! I have senior photos soon!! :)

definately severe, try some bp.

not severe. but, there are problem areas. definitely my ass. but yes try dans regimen.

You tried accutane? I was about the same and now I'm for the most part clear after a month and a half and 2 mega-breakouts

senior photos, thats great. don't worry so much though it's not severe. bp is benzoyl peroxide, which is part of dans regimen. there are also tubes of bp you can buy from a simple retail store. but look around a bit and read about some effective alternatives if not. accutane if it's persistent, but if you have pictures coming up, try the bp.

I have not tried accutane yet, my parents think its too (dangerous?) for me...I usually get side effects, and i guess they are afraid of what will happen...But i have tried benzoyl peroxide too..i guess not long enough?

I have not tried accutane yet, my parents think its too (dangerous?) for me...I usually get side effects, and i guess they are afraid of what will happen...But i have tried benzoyl peroxide too..i guess not long enough?

that's understandable. hmm not long enough, i couldn't tell you. most regimens are effective because they are used consistantly as well as correctly. you need a cleanser & moisturizer other than just bp.

My mom went out and got my Acne Free severe kit. I havent tried it yet, but it does contain bp. So i guess thats worth a try.

good good, i hope it works and wish you the best of luck. keep us posted. it's always nice to hear of success.

yeah, that looks exacly like mine,

i used effaclar k and now all i have a bunch of reds marks i cant seem to get rid of...

I dont think i ever heard of effaclar k...What exactly is it? And how long did you use it for?

if your acne is presistent, try and convince your parents to give in on accutane, if you already tried MinoCycline, Doxycline, Benzaclin, your probably a shoe in on accutane. if you dont start now, you will probably start later, and will regret you havent started it sooner because its a 6 months course. thats how i was.

also, clearsil contains BP too, and if clearsil didnt work for you. BP probably wont either.

I would really like to start accutane, but my parents are afraid too....They heard stories of hair falling out, and depression, etc... You think that will happen to me or is it a mixed bag situation..?

I would really like to start accutane, but my parents are afraid too....They heard stories of hair falling out, and depression, etc... You think that will happen to me or is it a mixed bag situation..?

To be honest I'm not sure that a derm would give you accutane, your acne is moderate, maybe moderate/severe...usually it has to be severe to get a prescription..You're still young AND most importantly you're a guy. Many guys do outgrow their acne, a lot of women don't because our hormones fluctuate a lot.

I haven't taken accutane, but from what I have observed in friends the most likely scenario is that nothing catastrophic will happen to you, but you may have some long lasting mild/moderate side effects. For instance one of my guy friends that took it has completely clear skin now and has for many years, but he also has persistent joint and back pain. Not enough to keep him from living his life by any means, but if your dream is to be a professional athlete then it might not be worth the risk!

I don't think that depression is a common side effect unless you're predisposed to it. If you read the boards here, you'll notice that a lot of people with acne are already depressed, then imagine what happens when these guys are on accutane having an initial breakout...there you go, depression. Sorry I don't mean to trivialize it, but that's just my opinion. I think dry lips, skin, sore joints and backs, these are common side effects. Hair loss is also a possibility. If I were you I'd really consider waiting until 19 or 20 before taking the plunge, there's a good chance your face will clear up on its own.

As for topicals, maybe you can try something stronger than benzoyl peroxide from the derm. You should make an appointment and see what they have to say. Personally I really like clenia (sulfur based), because my skin really seems to respond to sulfur. You can also try diet and lifestyle changes, check out the diet and holistic pages here if you're interested. good luck!

They heard stories of hair falling out, and depression, etc can be side effects, but arent the commons one...they just put it there for legal issues, so they dont get sued. the common side effects are drys lips and skin, but the most dangerous side effects that common is a bloody noses. -_- my face was looked less worst than yours, but i tried to many products and tropicals, i was a shoe in for accutane just like the products you have tried...trust me, get it now, or you will regret not getting it sooner.

plus, ipledge are more worried about girls than guys, it takes girls a month before they can go on accutane, but guys can get it in a couple days...the worst of the side effects go to the girls. like abnormal babies.

Hair falling out and depression usually belongs to the less common side-effects, right? Extreme dryness of face and lips seems to be more likely to happen.

I don't have any kind of advice, only a few words of encouragement: I think you look really cute! :wub: Acne may take a while to go away, however remember that you still look handsome with or without it.

Haha thank you, that does make me feel better! :D

They heard stories of hair falling out, and depression, etc can be side effects, but arent the commons one...they just put it there for legal issues, so they dont get sued. the common side effects are drys lips and skin, but the most dangerous side effects that common is a bloody noses. -_- my face was looked less worst than yours, but i tried to many products and tropicals, i was a shoe in for accutane just like the products you have tried...trust me, get it now, or you will regret not getting it sooner.

plus, ipledge are more worried about girls than guys, it takes girls a month before they can go on accutane, but guys can get it in a couple days...the worst of the side effects go to the girls. like abnormal babies.

Maybe i should look more into this. Im gonna try and schedule another dermatologist appt, and if he recommends accutane im going to inquire more information and talk to my parents.

I used to have acne similar to yours. Do you eat a lot of dairy products? I learned that dairy and food with high levels of iodine can trigger acne, so i cut back on dairy and my face cleared up within a few weeks! I'm also eating more fresh fruits and vegetables as well. Some say diet has nothing to do with acne. If you've already tried almost every acne medication out there, then maybe it's a food alergy?

Glycolic acid, such as Dan's AHA+, may also help. Although it might not be as effective as salicylic acid, it does exfoliate the top layer of your skin, making your other acne medications penetrate deeper into the pores. That also helped me lots!

Everyone is different though, and what may work for someone may not work for another. Just hang in there and keep thinking positive! :)

I do eat a lot of cheese...I dont think theres a day where i dont consume cheese, or even milk. Maybe i can try and cut back on that...Also my mom decided to order the Zenmed Acne treatment..She said shes heard a lot of good things about it, and is going to order it for me...Anyone have suggestions on that?