Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sufferinginpa

ocella

I'm on my first week of Ocella and wondering what I'm up against...For anyone who doesn't know, it's the new generic Yasmin. Been out since July 1st. I know it's too soon for changes in my skin but I've been on Yasmin for over a year and the last 4 months have not been good. My skin is getting worse and worse...

I'll keep you updated on what I'm noticing...any other Ocella users please post!

hey i just finished my first week of ocella!! but its the first bcp i've ever been on so i was never on yasmin before. i did some research online and it looks like a lot of ppls skin got a lot worse when they switch from yasmin to ocella. but i know that doesnt relate to my case b/c i was never on yasmin. so right now my skin is getting worse but of course its way too soon to see positive results, i know u have to wait at least 3 months. im gonna stick to this of course, i need contraception anyway

goodluck, plz keep me updated!!!

Yes! My skin was amazing on yasmin, then they switched me to Ocella and I AM BREAKING OUT LIKE CRAZY. I am gonna try spiro because this is not helping my skin whatsoever. Wonder if anyone else has any input on this?

ugh...three weeks in and my skin is HORRIBLE. My doctor told me it takes at least 2 months to see results. Things were heading downhill for Yasmin for me (no idea why) so I'm not sure if this is part of that or the new pill. I will give this a little longer. I see the derm in two weeks so I'm going to bring up Spiro

ugh...three weeks in and my skin is HORRIBLE. My doctor told me it takes at least 2 months to see results. Things were heading downhill for Yasmin for me (no idea why) so I'm not sure if this is part of that or the new pill. I will give this a little longer. I see the derm in two weeks so I'm going to bring up Spiro

I went to the dermatologist and asked about spiro but she told me she likes to save that for her older female patients and wouldn't put me on it.. and I'm 20. She said just to switch from the generic back to yasmin, since that worked.

Give it time. If it's hormonal, BCP should work once its all out of your system.

My skin is MUCH less oily and I'm five weeks in. My derm said give it at least three months before considering changing if it doesn't go well. She also put me on spiro which I'm starting this week.

On a side note I've had NO side effects on Ocella so far. I had some mild ones on Yasmin. I guess it really does just depend on the person.

I just finished my 6th week of ocella, my skin is still pretty bad and Im still breaking out.....Im gonna stick with it though cause it hasnt been 3 months yet.....

i was switched form Yasmin which I was on for about 5 months to Ocella. My skin did well on Yasmin but I really started to see results in month 3 .. and it was especialllllly important that I didnt miss a pill and I took my pill at the same time.. because in month 4 i missed a pill.. and It seemed like my skin decided to go ahead and give me 3 new HUGE zits over night. Anyways, I was off BCP for about a month before I went on Ocella.. During the month off BCP my skin didn't go too crazy, but it obviously wasn't as smooth and I was having more breakouts. I got on Ocella and I am on my second week.. I havent experienced any noticable symptoms like most of the reviews ive read about Ocella.. for me it is working just like Yasmin. My skin is already clearing up very well and im only on week 2.

I also use a product called "Skin Tight" which works like crazzzzy.

Good luck to you all.

I was only on yaz for a couple months and then i switched over to ocella. My skin began improving. However on my last week of the month-when using the placebo pills, i would break out.

What I started doing to help my skin was to take womens vitamins and fish oil pills. And I have not had a skin problem since.

What is harder for me is that I workout 4-5 times a week and I feel like i cannot slim down.

anyone else have that problem- and any way to help?

My skin used to be flawless. Occasionally I would have one pimple here or there, but people used to comment on my skin daily how nice it was. I even had some random old lady ask if she could touch my face..

Then I turned 24 and I started having what I thought was really bad acne. I thought it would go away, and it didn't bother me that much, but when I was not used to breaking out it affected my confidence. Then I met a guy and we decided I should take birth control. I thought it would be a win/win situation birth control & an acne reducer.

My doctor prescribed Yasmine, she told me it would help my acne, and she said "even though you have great skin." I decided to get the generic, Ocella because it was only $15. My DR told me that it would take at least 3 months to see results...

I am on month FIVE now, and I have never had worse skin in my whole life! I'm not kidding. My whole entire chin is covered in cystic acne, plus whiteheads, and little tiny bumps & between my eyes. I cry constantly. I don't even want to leave the house, I can't look at people in the eyes. I am mortified.

I am getting new insurance next month and I am switching over to Yasmine. I really hope it works, and cost isn't even an issue to me anymore. I have been spending money left and right buying acne medication and acne kits, nothing is working!!!!!!! I am really hoping Yasmine will clear this mess up!

[ I have also been moody for no reason, crying over nothing, and I have rarely cried throughout my life. It's just one big mess!]

In the past I have tried Ortho, Yasmine, and Yaz and didn't have problems on any of those. I stopped taking them because I either didn't have a boyfriend, or I didn't have enough money at the time.

To be continued in a few months once I start taking Yasmine...

My skin used to be flawless. Occasionally I would have one pimple here or there, but people used to comment on my skin daily how nice it was. I even had some random old lady ask if she could touch my face..

Then I turned 24 and I started having what I thought was really bad acne. I thought it would go away, and it didn't bother me that much, but when I was not used to breaking out it affected my confidence. Then I met a guy and we decided I should take birth control. I thought it would be a win/win situation birth control & an acne reducer.

My doctor prescribed Yasmine, she told me it would help my acne, and she said "even though you have great skin." I decided to get the generic, Ocella because it was only $15. My DR told me that it would take at least 3 months to see results...

I am on month FIVE now, and I have never had worse skin in my whole life! I'm not kidding. My whole entire chin is covered in cystic acne, plus whiteheads, and little tiny bumps & between my eyes. I cry constantly. I don't even want to leave the house, I can't look at people in the eyes. I am mortified.

I am getting new insurance next month and I am switching over to Yasmine. I really hope it works, and cost isn't even an issue to me anymore. I have been spending money left and right buying acne medication and acne kits, nothing is working!!!!!!! I am really hoping Yasmine will clear this mess up!

[ I have also been moody for no reason, crying over nothing, and I have rarely cried throughout my life. It's just one big mess!]

In the past I have tried Ortho, Yasmine, and Yaz and didn't have problems on any of those. I stopped taking them because I either didn't have a boyfriend, or I didn't have enough money at the time.

I'm actually looking into switching from Ocella. I started it 2 weeks ago..and my face broke out pretty bad at first..and with all of the hoop-la with it..I might switch to ortho tri cyclen. Did you take that one? How'd it turn out for you? I'm not sure why Ocella is making my face break out...I dk if it just takes time for it to work or what..but this is ridiculous.

[ I have also been moody for no reason, crying over nothing, and I have rarely cried throughout my life. It's just one big mess!]ow

Hi! I'm 28 and just started Ocella 2 weeks ago (I thought I was getting Yaz). Please keep me posted on if it was the Ocella that caused problems. I just got off of Mirena IUD after 2 years and that had horrible side effects, and my acne got really bad!! So I'd like to know if I'm gonna have 'crazy' side effects again. So please keep me posted on if you think it was the Ocella that made things worst. Thanx!!!

Hey Im thinking about switching to Ortho Tri-cyclen too! I was on that when I was a teenager (age 16), 12years ago. And that seemed to work awesome. It helped my acne and it didn't cause crazy side effects.

Hmm okay! Did you take the brand ortho tri cyclen, or did you take a generic. I just graduated college in December...and I'm still looking for a teaching job so I'm on my own health insurance..and generics are only 15 bucks...but brand name stuff is expensive because I have like a $250 deductible before the insurance kicks in..and even then I don't know if certain BC pills are covered!! A few of my friends have take OTC and have liked it. The one had acne problems as well and she was cleared up with it...but my other friend didn't have any acne problems to begin with. They were also on OTC lo...so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.

I know they say to wait 3-6 months with BC pills...but I am looking to switch anyway because being on Ocella kind of scares me.

okay so i started on yaz but was only on it for a month, did nothing to me

then i toook a brake of like 3 months and have now been on ocella for 2 months

the first weeks were HORRIBLE I noticed that i was braking out much much more, but then it started to get better now i dont know if that or just my body or the pills, but i was reading how women feel nassues and hungry and im starting to feel that now and the end of my two months useing it

p.s

it could also be that i dont take it exactly how i should

ex. not always at the same time and i might skip a day and then take it in the morning im really not sure

but i have noticed a huge improvement of acne on my shoulders and back face is still whatever

I feel hungry ALL the time. I can't stand it. I wake up starving in the morning too. But at work...I'm hungry like every 2 hours...it's ridiculous. And it makes me have to pee every hour.

So I called my doctor today...and had to leave a message with the nurses...and a nurse called me back 5 minutes later...and won't let me switch pills. Which I think is ridiculous. She said ALL pills have the risk of potassium levels being high because you are putting hormones in your body...and she told me that I don't smoke, I'm not over 35, and I don't have high blood pressure...so I should be fine on this pill. She was nice about it...but after I hung up..I was crying. She told me to wait the 3 months and then if I still don't want it...to call back to make an appt. to go in and talk to the doctor.

Really...my side effects aren't HORRIBLE yet...I'm on my 3rd week...and my boobs hurt...I have to pee every hour-ish...I broke out in the beginning...and I'm hungry all the time....so it could be worse....BUT the only thing that really scares me is the increased risk...because this might sound lame...but I eat tons of food with potassium in it. I hear about all of the people suing for using yaz and yasmin and having heart attacks and such at young ages...but I don't know if they are in the risk factors...like...if they smoke or what not. My derm. and doctor have both said not to worry about it.

Did anyone else on Yaz/Yasmin/Ocella worry as much as I do...?

Plus, I'm generally a worry wart as is :)

It's my first week on Ocella. I actually take it as a birth control to prevent pregnancy while on Accutane. And I haven't start Accutane yet (starting it next week). So my boobs hurt like crazy and yes, I'm always hungry! I can't believe it. I'm 5'8'' 106 lb girl and all of a sudden I became a HUNGRY BEAST! I'd eat a whole pizza by myself, ice cream and burgers. I don't know what's going on with me. I'm gonna give it a shot and will take it for at least a month and will go from there. Bit so far, I don't like it.

Oh, and my acne pretty much is the same as always (which is moderate I guess) :rolleyes:

Does anyone gain weight on Ocella?

Okay, so I have had horrible cystic acne since I hit puberty in 6th grade. I am now 20 years old and I have been through all the topical treatments and 1 round of accutane. I was on accutane from march to september of 2007 and I had clear skin up until december 2010. I was convinced it was stress but after a while it just kept getting worse. What's different about this time is that it's mostly on my chin and cheeks. When I had acne before it was all over my forehead and temples. I went back to the dermatologist in february and she perscribed me ocella. I am on my second pack and so far my skin has cleared up a little bit, but not a ton. She told me to take it for 2 months and go back to see her. Although it is somewhat clearing up my skin, I am having horrible side effects. I have terrible mood swings, weight gain (at least 7 or 8 lbs.), i'm tired a lot, and 2 days ago i started having heavy dark brown discharge (so much that it feels like my period) except i have another 2 weeks til my period. My derm mentioned spiro to me but I told her birth control because I have terrible cramps around my period. I can't wait to go back to the derm so i can get off of this crap. I feel terrible!