Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon2

Is BP Safe for pregnant women?

Ok I'm not pregnant. But I am engagedif you all didn't know :) and getting married in 10 months and my fiance wants our family to grow shortly after getting married. Is it safe to use dans reg and bp on pregnant women? I know I have to get off spiro before getting pregnant beacuse it causes birth defects but what about bp? :redface: I feel so embarassed asking this.

This isn't something we can answer for you. Please ask your obgyn about medications that are safe to use when trying to conceive and while pregnant or breastfeeding.

By the way, congrats on the engagement!

Congrats on getting engaged and I wish the best to you and your fiance...

As for your question, BP shouldn't be dangerous whatsoever. In fact, being in the medical field I've never heard of a topical having an effect on pregnant women or their infants...

From WebMD, "During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed...It is not known whether this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding."

Hope this helps!

check with your doc, i am 21wks pregnant and i use BP i use panoxyl,and have done since before pregnant and my doc says its fine.

You might want to use other stuff. My gynae wasn't so sure but the instructions for the BP said that not many tests have been done on pregnant women.

I'm pregnant and breaking out; but am enduring the outbreak and using the BP only when I really cannot stand the sight of the acne any more. :P

Replies are mixed on this topic, but let me just say this. I used bp twice daily during my entire pregancy and during the six months that I breastfed my son, and at nine months now, he is perfectly healthy.

Congrats and good luck!