Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remag42

How have exercise and diet affected your acne?

Exercise and Diet  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How have exercise and diet affected your acne?

• They both got me clear
    • Exercise got me clear, diet did not
    • Diet got me clear, exercise did not
    • They had no effect on my acne
    • They made my acne worse

If you noticed improvements from either diet or exercise, what was the specific thing that improved your acne? Like drinking lots of water for example. Diet can be eliminating bad things, or adding good things. So name what helped you get clear skin.

I voted both got me clear cause i started to exercise and changed diet a bit.. ( more protein )

so ya i take whey protein.

and i am getting clear :P my skin looks nice

I use proactiv tho started using again a month ago

that could be helping me. ;/

Removing all of the junk out of my diet and eating complex carbohydrates, veggies, lean protein, and healthy fats has really cleared me up rather nicely. Exercise doesn't have as much as an effect on me but it has still been beneficial for my skin.

I guess its solely dependent on the individual.

For me, it didn't really change much. I am a personal trainer and being in top shape is not only my priority but also a lifestyle. So I have a extensive workout routine and eat a healthy lifestyle (No fastfood, take out, eat lean meat, lots of water, fruits and greens).

However, these past few weeks, I was breaking out like no other. REALLL BAD and I was even going at it harder with my workouts and my diet than usual.

However, I do think my culprit was due to eating wheat -gluten. I was eating whole wheat bread for my breakfasts, and using them as my post breakfast-lunch snack (pb&j sandwiches) and eating whoel wheat pasta for dinner. So yeah....it sucked. Never eating wheat or gluten type foods ever AGAIN!

I dont feel like eating healthier really cleared me. Made me feel better, but didn't clear me. Oddly enough, I first started noticing my skin clearing up after a weekend of excessive drunkenness and munchies. Hahah, who knows...