Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meeraboots

anyone been on accutane or is on accutane now?

im seriously thinking abt going on it. I'm 22 and have had acne since like 15 or 16. its not severe at all maybe mild but i wake up with like 4 whiteheads everyday and its frustrating. i have been to the derma in yrs but the last time i was there she suggested accutane. i think she was gonna put me on it for 3 or 4 months.

how long were you on it for? and are there any side effects you experienced? i really dont wanna go on it but ive tried everything!

is it a cure? or a temp. fix?

I am on it since a lot tiem ago , always at low dossage . Right now i am using to control my sebum production .

The only side effec is dry lips . I always suggest you to use lower dossages for a long perdio of time

Good luck

ya i think she was gonna put me on low doses. ive tried everything for my acne in the past and nothing has worked and its been better for a couple years until recently. even my back and chest has pimples and i never had that before not even when i had VERY bad acne. grrr its so frustrating. i cant decide if i should go on accutane, and i dont know if i can, do most drug plans cover it in canada? how much is it? i heard somewhere u can get it for free, has anyone heard of that?