Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For all you guys and girls that are fair skinned you all know what I am talking about. The red of the acne and post red marks against your fair skin can make you look like...welll....a candy cane. Red marks just seem to jump out more and are more noticable on those with really light skin and since I have creamy skin if I have just one pimple its so noticable it's not even funny. So forget tanning, I am against premature aging. And finding a concealer that actually looks good is HARD!

How are you all with fair skin dealing with acne? Do you think it would be as frusturating than if you had tanned skin?

Im really pale... but I do try to get at least a little sun every day. After a couple weeks of getting like 15 minutes of MORNING sun (not high noon sun that burns your face off) I've noticed that my complexion is a lot brighter and not so pasty. Makes any red marks look less noticeable.

Getting sun little by little seems harmless to me... as long as you're really careful about not burning.

Yeah, I'm pretty pale too, but I avoid sunlight because I'm a bit allergic to it, and it breaks me out in little, itchy, reds spots. Kind of like a rash. No fun.

Anyway, I'm sooo with you on how bad acne and red marks stand out against fair skin. I've got red marks that have been fading for months, but still show up as pink marks because my skin is so white. And, man, any time I get a zit (which, these days, doesn't happen as often--thank goodness), it looks like someone drew it on with a red marker. Even when I use concealer, it's such a light shade that the redness still kind of shows through. : P

I dunno. I just hide out a lot. I don't have a job right now, and have a bit of a social anxiety problem anyway, so I just stay in my house. It's a good thing my boyfriend doesn't mind my occasional blemish, or I'd have to just lock myself in our bedroom and make him sleep in the spare room.

Photographic evidence of my pastiness. I look a bit haggard. Oh well.

I'm super-duper pale. And yeah, the marks really stand out on pale skin, it sucks. :confused: I started using ACV on my face about a month ago, and most of my red marks have faded away. I'm not really sure if it was the ACV, though, or if it was just time for them to fade away.

I have never had a tan in my life, no matter how long I've spent in the sun. My face will get somewhat flushed, but the redness goes away within hours, leaving me as pale as before. So, tanning isn't much of an option for me. Maybe I'm part albino. Haha.

On the first day of school (after I'd spent several days at the beach) I actually had a conversation with a girl that went like this:

Girl: "What are you?"

Me: "Huh?"

Girl: "What race are you?"

Me: "Uh...Caucasian?"

Girl: "Oh, I didn't mean to be rude...I've just never seen anybody as white as you."

:redface: ROFL! I thought that was hilarious.

I'm super-duper pale. And yeah, the marks really stand out on pale skin, it sucks. :confused: I started using ACV on my face about a month ago, and most of my red marks have faded away. I'm not really sure if it was the ACV, though, or if it was just time for them to fade away.

I have never had a tan in my life, no matter how long I've spent in the sun. My face will get somewhat flushed, but the redness goes away within hours, leaving me as pale as before. So, tanning isn't much of an option for me. Maybe I'm part albino. Haha.

On the first day of school (after I'd spent several days at the beach) I actually had a conversation with a girl that went like this:

Girl: "What are you?"

Me: "Huh?"

Girl: "What race are you?"

Me: "Uh...Caucasian?"

Girl: "Oh, I didn't mean to be rude...I've just never seen anybody as white as you."

:redface: ROFL! I thought that was hilarious.

Ugh How rude of her!

Acne is most common in whites and asians it seems

i do see black people with acne but its less common

or maybe it just doesnt show up as much.

Ugh How rude of her!

I didn't mind; I thought it was funny. I'm difficult to offend. :D

Yeah, I'm pretty pale too, but I avoid sunlight because I'm a bit allergic to it, and it breaks me out in little, itchy, reds spots. Kind of like a rash. No fun. myself in our bedroom and make him sleep in the spare room.

Photographic evidence of my pastiness. I look a bit haggard. Oh well.

I get like that too! But i never knew that it was an allergic reaction!?

Yeah, I'm pretty pale too, but I avoid sunlight because I'm a bit allergic to it, and it breaks me out in little, itchy, reds spots. Kind of like a rash. No fun.

I get like that too! But i never knew that it was an allergic reaction!?

Well, technically, it's not an allergy. It's called Polymorphous Light Eruption, and it's just a type of hypersensitivity to sunlight. Sunscreen with high UVA and UVB blockers are supposed to help, and I've read that hydrocortisone can help with the itching. Personally, though, I still get red, itchy bumps even with sunscreen, so I just opt to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

I'm considered pale.

Especially when I'm on my period [which I get twice a month]--I'm a freaking sheet of white paper. And I have a crap load of dark marks all over my forehead from acne, and a few red marks. People point them out and I'm just like UGH.

I leave it be though. No one really dares insult me with my reputation behind me xD

Guest missyjean130

I am also cautious about premature skin aging...actually thats BS...I have a very intense sun phobia lol. like rly...I have the windows covered and I'm not outside in direct sunlight for even a minute w/o SPF

I also heard tanning makes them darker and/or last longer.

I like candy canes tyvm.

I'm incredibly pale also and its awful. Camera flashes usually wash out my skin making me even more pale and blah -_-. Sorry lol, I'm also mad that I just broke out with a huge pimple on my good cheek...After it goes away I'll be left with a reminder for months :doh: .

I'm incredibly pale too. Every flaw on my face just screams "look at me!"

When the camera flash is on (provided I haven't managed to dart for cover), I'm about the same hue as a piece of white paper.

Oh God yes the worst is camera flashes :/ They wash you out till your ghost white and then point out every zit on your face ugh.

Trust me, acne is no better on people with pale skin than tan skin. People with pale skin don't get postinflammatory spots that are brown and black. In fact, acne and heavy PIH on a person with tan skin looks like someone shat on him/her. (me...as in someone shat on me lol)

I'm very pale aswell. Back when i was in football when we used to put our hands in to break the huddle my hand always stuck out lol. And i've often been refered to as "the whitest kid in school". I've gotten a bit of tan from marching band, but im still much whiter than anyone else. It's a curse lol. And my red marks look absolutely horrible. They make my left cheek look soooo bad T.T

But they're fading, slowly, but surely. Hopefully soon my face will actually be as white as my body. Eventually...T.T

Acne is most common in whites and asians it seems

i do see black people with acne but its less common

or maybe it just doesnt show up as much.

not less common, but less noticeable.

I'm probably paler than most of you, honestly.

Every person I've ever met who thinks they are very pale feels better when they hold their arm next to mine and see that they are at least a few shades darker.

A good friend once describe me as being "the color of watered down skim milk."

:lol::lol::lol:

The paleness doesn't bother me in the slightest, though.

When my skin is clear, it looks lovely, kinda like a china doll.

It's a bit of a cruel joke that we're more prone to acne than other skin tones when you can see it better on us than on anyone else.

I'm probably paler than most of you, honestly.

No way dude! Even albinos look tanned compared to me.

Ok but seriously, fair skinned have it so much worse. Even though my acne is pretty much under control you can still see my marks well, so it still looks like I have some acne. I have some tanned friends that have acne marks, but you cant see them at all unless you're holding a magnifying glass on your hand. My marks in the other hand can be seen perfectly untill they're completely faded. It's so unfair :cry: