Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pippx

Paulas Choice BHA - Bad reaction - Help Please!

I have been using PC BHA 2% for approx 6 months with BP as well. Before I had ok skin - controlled acne using oil-absorbing products. Heard PC BHA was miracle stuff so tried it. Now I have huge boils all over my face which last for weeks - very painful and dis-figuring. Have only just clicked may be the BHA. Stopped using it 2 weeks ago but the boils are still coming! Never had such bad skin! Anyone else had this experience??? Help please! can't leave the house it is so bad - am having to phone in work sick!

Have you tried cutting out all your treatments (like the bp, too), so you can factor out all of them? I don't know what they'd say, but Paula's Choice has really good customer service representatives who might know if you're having an allergic reaction. I'm really hoping this isn't what's up, but could your acne have gotten worse all on it's own? If it doesn't resolve soon, maybe you should see a doctor.

Were you using BHA and Bp together on the same day? I usually alternate between the two because I think both would be too harsh for the skin. Paula's Choice BHA did give me a small IB in the beginning but it shouldn't be happening after 6 months. Have you added any new products to your regimen?

I would really call a doctor if it is that bad.

I have never had a problem with Paula's SA (other than hating it) (for other reasons), but you could be very allergic to it.

Are you allergic to asprin?

I would also suggest to stop using ALL products for a few weeks and just wash your face with water only day and night.

I have had to do this because my face is overly sensitive and it could not take more than water (or more irritation would occur).

Best of luck.