Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes I am on accutane right now and I LOVE IT!!! GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

And how would you know that the derm would reject your claim if you NEVER EVEN TOLD HIM/HER?!

They have to document claims of long term side effects, you know. Whether they believe it was from Accutane or not. Oh wait, you wouldn't know, because you haven't even tried to document it with them, even though "it (Accutane) ruined your life"

And what do you mean you raised a "yellow card" that is the only thing I am "not getting"

I loved accutane too whilst I was on it. Funny how things can turnaround.

The yellow card scheme is set up by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency to document side-effects from medications and I have been advised that is the only way to legally raise a complaint and have it taken under notice. My Derms name is stated as the med practitioner and they will contact him and me.

It's not hard to google 'yellow card' - believe it or not it's quite straight forward.

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/R...tions/index.htm

Hmmm... maybe you should google yellow card because when I did, I got a bunch of band facts, and a link to these Wikipedia definitons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_card

Not so straight forward. But nice try.

Yeah it's funny how things turned around for you. My cousin took accutane 5 years ago and has no side effects, my moms friends daughter took it about 10 years ago with no bad effects. The only effect was that it cleared them of their acne. I don't have a problem with you stating your "side effects" but what I think is unfair is you using scare tactics to try to get people to not want to take Accutane and making them think long term effects will happen to everyone. You are not a physician. I think it is best that people talk to a real doctor about making the decision.

I did google it. Clearly you lack the initiative to look further 'down' the page so god only knows if you've read the Accutane prescribing information and undertaken any research into the 'miracle drug'. 4th link down. Use your eyes.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...ard&spell=1

You've also been a member for what, 20 days or so, so don't start handing out advice. For the last 10 months or so I've been tirelessly researching Accutane, the scientific studies behind it's mechanism of action (still unknown!), searched through various action forums and looked at numerous treatment options. Whilst I'm not a physician, I certainly feel I have more knowledge about accutane and its effects, both good and bad, than most physicians do. Do you really think they would spend ample time researching the drug just because somebody like 'you' wants to go on a course to clear their acne?

I am not using scare tactics in any sense of the word, just letting people know about how life has been hell since accutane. Do as you please, as will I.

I hope your luck and experience continues, mine was great as I said on the course and whilst off it for a period of time. Then it catches up with you. The dangerous sides happen more than you think. Just open your eyes outside 'acne.org' and then you might learn something. Until you do, don't bother replying to further posts as I've answered these questions in numerous other threads and if my efforts to persuade you to come off the drug are futile, so be it, hopefully others will come round and realise there are many other alternatives to safer clear skin.

Greg

I did google it. Clearly you lack the initiative to look further 'down' the page so god only knows if you've read the Accutane prescribing information and undertaken any research into the 'miracle drug'. 4th link down. Use your eyes.

You've also been a member for what, 20 days or so, so don't start handing out advice. For the last 10 months or so I've been tirelessly researching Accutane, the scientific studies behind it's mechanism of action (still unknown!), searched through various action forums and looked at numerous treatment options. Whilst I'm not a physician, I certainly feel I have more knowledge about accutane and its effects, both good and bad, than most physicians do. Do you really think they would spend ample time researching the drug just because somebody like 'you' wants to go on a course to clear their acne?

I am not using scare tactics in any sense of the word, just letting people know about how life has been hell since accutane. Do as you please, as will I.

I hope your luck and experience continues, mine was great as I said on the course and whilst off it for a period of time. Then it catches up with you. The dangerous sides happen more than you think. Just open your eyes outside 'acne.org' and then you might learn something. Until you do, don't bother replying to further posts as I've answered these questions in numerous other threads and if my efforts to persuade you to come off the drug are futile, so be it, hopefully others will come round and realise there are many other alternatives to safer clear skin.

Greg

I am in the US, this is what my google comes up with

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=y...mp;aq=f&oq=

You chide me because I have not been a member that long and state that you have been doing research for 10 months, how many of those months were spent in med school again?

You do not just tell people about what happened to you, you try to make them believe that long term effects happen to everyone, which is simply not true. See the two people I mentioned above.

There were no alternatives for me, I have tried them all.

You chide me because I have not been a member that long and state that you have been doing research for 10 months, how many of those months were spent in med school again?

You do not just tell people about what happened to you, you try to make them believe that long term effects happen to everyone, which is simply not true. See the two people I mentioned above.

I have already stated that I'm not a doctor, but the funny thing is when I went to see my Podiatrist and Ortheopedic Surgeon and starting talking about my CRP, ESR, RA and Serum Calcium levels, along with the latest advances in cartilage transplant/repair, sero-negative arthritis symptoms etc, they actually said 'Have you thought about ever becoming a doctor Greg!'.

Hence, I think I am very well informed and not surprisingly have been researching things to death in the 'hope' to get better, whether it be futile or not. Long term effects can happen to everyone, I have not stated that they WILL happen to everyone though - ever.

I wish you the best of luck with your treatment, especially if you are out of other options. I honestly wouldn't wish what I and others are going through on anyone and I hope you have a successful and all positive accutane experience :)

Greg

Greg

What an arrogant an unsympathetic bitch you are! This person has clearly been through hell and you have the damn nerve to say that you know people who took it and are just fine??

Fking disgraceful!!

What an arrogant an unsympathetic bitch you are! This person has clearly been through hell and you have the damn nerve to say that you know people who took it and are just fine??

Fking disgraceful!!

Thanks Blueford. Unfortunately people will not realise just how downhill your life can go following accutane. For many people the minor side effects they experience whilst on it fade after treatment, but for a lot of others side effects crop up months down the line.

I have lost my dream, ambition, health, confidence and drive in life all due to Accutane. These are the things that keep you alive, along with love. Love is just about holding in there with someone new now although my girlfriend did leave me about a month ago after 3 years - because I was so depressed from this severe joint painb. It has ruined me.

YW. Also...what so many people dont realize, is depression does not have to be logical!!!

Some will look at you and say "what do you have to be depressed about??" It is not about logic!!!

ANYONE CAN BECOME DEPRESSED!!! And some are so depressed they kill themselves!

Ever hear about someone you know doing it and not even understand why? Or a celebrity that has it all, money, fame, all the girls they could ever want...take Kurt Cobain, WTF could he be depressed about right?

I have periods where I cant and wont talk to anyone, I have to be alone...I KNOW its not logical, and I have NOTHING to be depressed about, I own my own business, have plenty of money, own a house, new car, enjoy a lot of friendships, love my GF....but when it hits me, it takes over and I have to retreat, or Im afraid what I will do.

So all you self righteous morons out there, who continue to ridicule the responsible and reasonable folks here who want to warn others of using Accutane UNNECESSARILY, back the F off.

If you have mild, persistent acne, its most probably because you arent serious about treating it. Want the easy way out, havent tried everything and are just plain lazy.

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT AWHILE.

I shouldn't have jumped the gun, and I should have tried lesser alternatives, such as antibiotics or BP.

This is an important piece of advice. For those people of have tried BP, salicylic acid, tea tree oil, gylcolic acid; antibiotics, bcps, diet etc etc and still failed, Accutane represents a life line. However, there are risks and it doesn't make sense to take those risks until you have tried the other less risky alternatives.

I firmly believe that the problem with accutane is america's indiscriminate high dosage. In europe, they use super microdosages in comparison. The side effects are minimal and the clearing is just as effective...

The level of vituperation in this thread is uncalled for. Everyone back off.

Greg

Fking disgraceful!!

He insulted me and said I lack initiative to look down a page and insulted me because I have been a member for "what 20 days or so..." so he told me that I can't hand out advice, and I am the arrogant one? Please explain...

Greg

Fking disgraceful!!

Additionally I don't see why it is "bitch like" if one person says they have had a bad experience, that I say I know people that did not have a bad experience. I am just giving people my point of view. Sorry if that offends you, but please don't name call.