Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
covegspot

Secret to Clear Skin -- Drink Lemon Juice

Its been a little over 1 week on the lemon juice regime and I am completely clear.

I had acne primarily on the cheeks and sometimes on forehead since I was in high school.

I can probably write a book based on all the research I have done but will keep this short.

If your acne is caused by ph level in balances like mine (stress, eating poorly, etc.), this will most likely solve your acne woes.

The regime is simple.

- Drink lemon juice (2 normal sized) in the morning 1 hr prior to eating

- Drink lemon juice (2 normal sized) at night 1 hr after eating or right before brushing your teeth.

Tips:

- Brush teeth after drinking if you get any on teeth ( I like to take it as quick shots )

- Squeeze fresh lemons. I use a hand juicer.

Give this one week and you should start to see clear skin. If it doesn't work then your acne is most likely due to something else, not ph imbalances.

I am now 100% clear and hope others on the board will be as well.

Best.

My dad says the same thing as well. I tried this for like 2 weeks last year sometime and I had no pimples, but last summer I didn't get any pimples at all due to benzamycin and turmeric. Anyways, apperently drinking it right when you wake up is the best thing you can do.

I do the same thing with ACV. They both the same purpose basically, so either one should be good.

And yeah, you squeeze a lemon into lukewarm (or even better, warm) water and drink it down. Your teeth feel wierd though so it's best to do before you brush.

Dude the acid in the stomach is 10xxx times stronger than lemon acid, don't worry about it. Just don't let it sit in ur mouth cause it "can" cause damage to tooth enamel.

To the OP-

What kind of acne did you have?

Dry/Oily/Flaky Skin?

Whiteheads/Blackheads/Cysts?

Thank you

I think one week is not enough to see confident results

maybe after 3 weeks and you're still clear you're into something

I usually squeeze two regular sized lemons and chug it down in one shot.

My previous acne could be described as 'pimples' -- red & inflamed usually with white puss when ripe -- typically around the cheeks and forehead. I also had dry-flaky, flesh colored bumpy skin in the jaw, forehead and cheeks -- these bumps would get inflamed from time to time causing the pimples.

Overall, its been shy of just two weeks and my skin is still looking much better.

I don't know how else to explain it. Its a miracle thus far =)

So what does this actually do? Lemon juice does what to my innards??

I use a cotton ball with ACV and apply it to my face and back as a toner. But you can drink the stuff as well? Jeezz.....its bad enough stinking when i apply it, not if i start drinking it, i will sweat it out and everyone in the gym will run for their dear lives in total chaos!!

so....

It helps with the acid alkaline body ph balance and also lowers the overall glycemic index of the meal. In my opinion it can mostly help unless the person is allergic to citrus stuff (like alternatevista I think).

I do it very often and it helps me ( long with Cod liver oil etc.)

thanks OP

alrighty.

I already have been drinking the lemon juice and water. Havnt seen much of a difference.

Can i use a bottle of concentrated lemon juice that the stores sell?

It helps with the acid alkaline body ph balance and also lowers the overall glycemic index of the meal.

I believe that it's only acetic acid (from vinegar) that can lower the glycemic index of a meal.

Just a note: I've seen several people on this forum discover that citrus was causing them to have much more severe acne than when they avoid citrus.

I've tried the lemon juice thing about a year ago and it didn't help me really. I tried it for a couple weeks, so maybe I didn't give it enough time though. Right now my salt thing is still working great :)

orange juice ive heard aggrivates acne- but lemons have really good effects from a lot of people. but i also heard that the stomache has such high acidity that the lemon juice doesnt have any effect.

i dont know. i still have one squeezed lemon a day... i think its helping. i dont know anymore

give me a break...... :confused:

Ay, I guess I shouldn't be like this. When I have mild acne, I too believe that acne can be cured in a week. (still impossible) But when you have cysts, you know its going to be a 6 month battle that requires way more than lemon juice...

Lemon juice and water.... :redface:

give me a break...... :confused:

Ay, I guess I shouldn't be like this. When I have mild acne, I too believe that acne can be cured in a week. (still impossible) But when you have cysts, you know its going to be a 6 month battle that requires way more than lemon juice...

Lemon juice and water.... :redface:

um if it's diet related

I am sure u can get it under control in 3 days ( u have to eat really clean for 3 days that is )

cause that's how long it takes for digested food come to the skin

and that's true on me

if I mess up one day and get some pimples....I just eat leafy greens and raw garlic for a few days and all of them will go away by themselves

but of course... everyone's different

Jacjack..

whats up with eating ''raw garlic''?

I think that will lesson my chance of getting a Girlfriend. LOL

raw garlic works as antibiotic but it only kills the bad bacterias...

well....u dont need to load up on it...just 1~3 cloves a day is enough..just brush ur teeth right after

One thing I noticed is you posted that you guys are brushing your teeth right afer drinking the lemon juice. That's not a good idea. You should brush your teeth immediately after eating cookies or sweets, but you have to wait an hour after eating/drinking anything acidic to brush your teeth. That includes soda, fruit, and vinegar salad dressings. Otherwise, you will scratch your enamel and harm your teeth permanently. Rinsing your mouth with water is the best thing you can do.

I know this is probably a silly question but does lime do the same thing? I just happen to have a bag of limes on hand and wanted to add this to my current regimen. :)