Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyo

Mild Scar Treatments?

Hi all,

I have some mild scarring from cystic acne and extracted comedones and was wondering if there are any treatments that are actually effective that would be something topical or would you have to actually get some form of treatment done? Thanks for any info.

-Adam

Hi all,

I have some mild scarring from cystic acne and extracted comedones and was wondering if there are any treatments that are actually effective that would be something topical or would you have to actually get some form of treatment done? Thanks for any info.

-Adam

I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I use azelex for my active acne and red marks It works because it's a natural antioxidant that helps to exfoliate your skin very rapidly (kind of like retin a but it's non-irritating--and I have really sensitive skin!). I feel that it's helped to make my skin smoother and to close some of my scarred pores and small indented scars. Another possibility is that my scars have just gotten better over time, I can't be positive. Anyway it's pretty cheap if you have insurance (you do need a prescription from a dermatologist), and it shouldn't hurt, so it might be worth a try.