Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iCogito

PerFume

I'm really into hippie perfumes made from essential oils. Right now I'm wearing lavender and rose oil. So yummy :)

This sounds interesting...do you make these yourself? Where do you get the oils? :D

I'm really into hippie perfumes made from essential oils. Right now I'm wearing lavender and rose oil. So yummy :)

This sounds interesting...do you make these yourself? Where do you get the oils? :D

You can get them at health food stores I think. I get mine either from a farmers market or a head shop. Sometimes I buy pre-made mixtures, but I really like buying the oils and mixing them to create new smells.

i LOVE perfumes... if i was really rich i would probably have a whole closet full of perfume.

now i have a bunch of "single scents" like green tea, pomegranate, vanilla, orange blossom, coconut, ginger and guava. i wear them separately or mix and match them, for example vanilla/orange blossom smells great and so does pomegranate/green tea and coconut/guava.

otherwise i love

chanel: coco mademoiselle, sycomore and la pausa :drool:

hermes: jardin au bord du nil, kelly caleche, jardin en mediterranee, terre

armani code

ralph lauren "hot"

donna karan "cashmere" (forgot but i think it was donna karan)

just a perfume-y rant... coach should stick to making handbags... their perfume reeks!

donna karan "cashmere" (forgot but i think it was donna karan)

just a perfume-y rant... coach should stick to making handbags... their perfume reeks!

I just smelled Donna Karan's Cashmere & it's :wub:

The new Coach perfume smells like a cheaper Ralph by Ralph Loren. That's a favorite of mine, but the Coach smells like a more generic version...nothing special.

I checked out a bunch of perfumes today while shopping and a few on my list to buy in the future are:

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca and

Aqua Allegoria Angelique-Lilas, both have that botanical garden smell I was looking for but still soft & feminine.

Harajuku Lover's Music (1 of 5 of Gwen Stefani's new scents) - unexpectedly different, but still pleasant. The best of the 5. There was one other I liked, but the rest were pretty generic...like VS body sprays or something, haha.

i love acqua allegoria.. i really like the whole line.

bulgari has some good green tea and white tea perfumes as well.

i always have a weak spot for anais anais by cacharel, it was my first perfume ever :wub:

not to promote a particular product but i really like these too

http://www.pacificacandles.com/perfume.asp

very affordable and you can get them at "whole foods"

suzy rondelle: that sounds awesome! what other scents did you mix? is it hard to dose the oils?

back when we were dating my husband got me a little roll on oil perfume that his friend brought back from egypt... it was the most amazing perfume i ever smelled. fresh roses, fresh powder, something that smelled really sweet and crisp, like clean laundry and butter pastries. everyone that got a whiff of it frantically smelled my arm and asked me what it was. the tube is long gone now :(

attention all women;

DO NOT WEAR PERFUME!

IT HONKS!

wear a guys aftershave if you have to, it smells nicer

end of

=)

no way! i love perfume. only crappy, department store chemical smelling perfume "honks" (lol, honks?) i wear it for myself anyway.

but lol when you step into the elevator next to somebody who literally doused themselves in strong perfume that morning... i agree it's not a good experience.

attention all women;

DO NOT WEAR PERFUME!

IT HONKS!

wear a guys aftershave if you have to, it smells nicer

end of

=)

:snooty:

Guys have complimented my perfume :P. It's fine if you keep it subtle. I'm sure some people don't like it at all, just like some people don't like makeup or anything fun. They're bores!

Oh yeah....and I'm not sure why you think it's better for women to smell like men, haha