Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey - Im writing for advice on a cyst on my face. I attached pictures and really cont know what to do. I cant get a derm appointment until October 24, I tried to drain this today but its so deep nothing even came out, just some blood.

My skin is usually okay beside blackheads. This cyst has been on my face and getting bigger for 2months now. I don't mind a scar as much as I just want it gone. I think the appearance of it may be because i went off Yaz birth control ( i now plan on starting it again next month.)

It dosent really even have a hard texture, more like smooshy beneath the skin (gross i know)

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

post-82486-1221013693_thumb.jpg

post-82486-1221013815_thumb.jpg

post-82486-1221013693_thumb.jpg

post-82486-1221013815_thumb.jpg

That sucks, I'm in the same boat. I've had a cyst for the last 2+ weeks, and I called my derm's office earlier in the week, and they couldn't get me in anytime soon, so finally I attempted to drain it myself (pretty unsuccessfully) and right now there's a scab bigger than a dime on my chin. I have a feeling it's gonna scar pretty bad, and the next time I see my derm I'm gonna get quite the lecture.

Maybe just keep putting whatever topical you have on it till your appointment.

thats so random- u have such great skin besides that on mark. honestly i'd get it lasered. its expensive but worth it. it will break up the insides and hell it go down. if u cant get into the derm for a cortizone shot- get this thing lasered. and dont stick pins in it cause it will scar forever (believe me... believe me i know....) ive tried icing, compresses, benzol, tea bags, etc and it is all a big clusterfk. pay the money and get it lasered. its worth it.it should go down a lot in 24hours after the laser.

I think you should leave that alone. I always found that if you leave your acne alone it will go away faster. I bet it only got like that because you fucked with it.

how much does a cortisone injection cost? how much does the laser thing cost? both done at a dermatologists office? thanks