Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItsMe16

Do I have to move to a stronger Retin-a?

I have been using retin-a gel ( weakest form) and then the cream 0.025, from medsmex.com. I have been using them for 8 months already and I think I have got no results. I never had an initial breakout, or any peeling whatsoever. Should I buy a stronger concentration? Medsmex has retina 0.1 but only in cream form, I really want it in gel form, because i heard the cream clogs pores. Is there a gel form of concentration 0.1??

Sorry for bringing this up again, but should I move to a stronger concentration, I am thinking 0.1 because I never peeled or had an initial breakout with the current dosage. I used it for 6 months but I dont think i noticed any improvement. Should I move up to 0.1 which I think is the strongest concentration if I am not mistaken? By the way I am trying to get rid of clogged pores, dont really have any active acne right now just whiteheads, and lots, and lots of clogged pores. Thanks in advance.

I've never heard of medsmex.com, but do you trust their quality? Just a side note here, but if you haven't already done so, read that stickied post about why not to buy Accutane online. Online pharmacies can be suspect, so you might want to make sure that what you're getting is what is advertised.

If you do trust them, I would say that you are a very patient person. The lack of initial breakout would suggest to me that it is not doing what it should, and also, 8 months is well beyond what the manufacturers suggest it will take to reach maximum effect. If I were you and trusted the pharmacy, I would either upgrade to the stronger strength (I'm not sure about the cream vs. gel debate, though I assume the company would test the cream first to make sure that it didn't clog pores), or else consider a different retinoid.

It does seem weird that retin-A would do nothing ... What is the price difference between medsmex.com and your local pharmacy? It could be worth considering your local pharmacy for whatever you choose, to ensure quality.

I've never heard of medsmex.com, but do you trust their quality? Just a side note here, but if you haven't already done so, read that stickied post about why not to buy Accutane online. Online pharmacies can be suspect, so you might want to make sure that what you're getting is what is advertised.

If you do trust them, I would say that you are a very patient person. The lack of initial breakout would suggest to me that it is not doing what it should, and also, 8 months is well beyond what the manufacturers suggest it will take to reach maximum effect. If I were you and trusted the pharmacy, I would either upgrade to the stronger strength (I'm not sure about the cream vs. gel debate, though I assume the company would test the cream first to make sure that it didn't clog pores), or else consider a different retinoid.

It does seem weird that retin-A would do nothing ... What is the price difference between medsmex.com and your local pharmacy? It could be worth considering your local pharmacy for whatever you choose, to ensure quality.

Well, Medsmex.com was recommended and well talked about on another message board. I have bought from them and the quality seems good I guess. I go there because I currently have no health insurance, and there prices are really good, at 16 dollars a tube. But I think you are right I should have moved on to a stronger retinoid along time ago because I never peeled or had an initial breakout, and my pores are still clogged. Thanks for the response, its hard to get a responses now a days.

My last derm was content to leave me on .025%, & I was on it a year, but it wasn't enough. My new derm says you should slowly move up to the highest concentration. How long you stay on each concentration depends on the individual. My derm moved me from .05% and after two months my skin had adjusted just fine (no dryness or peeling) and then he moved me to .1%. I haven't seen much improvement in my comedal acne honestly, but I'm giving the .1% time. The comedal acne I have is not caused by this I should clarify, but it's old stubborn bumps I have had for years...

I was scared of the cream too, since I was convinced the .025% cream clogged my pores & the gel didnt. However, there was no .05% gel I could find, so I relented & used the cream anyway. I had no problems with it, and I have no problems with the .1% clogging more pores, even though they are creams. They are also moisturizing enough that I don't need a moisturizer at night, and my skin is not dry at all. No flaky or dryness is a plus, since the .025% gel was very drying for me.

Anyhow, if I were you I'd move to .05% first, then after you adjust to that move to .1%.

I didn't think there was a .3 I thought the highest strength was .1.

Siouxsie-u are using Retin- a right not retin A micro?

I didn't think there was a .3 I thought the highest strength was .1.

Siouxsie-u are using Retin- a right not retin A micro?

retin-a, yes