Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bakrsdzn

Clothing is getting bleached in the wash

I've been putting 2 pumps of Dan's BP on my face twice a day for about four weeks now. I try to never let my face touch my clothing, but I keep ending up with ruined shirts. They mainly bleach around the collar and have small white dots throughout much of the shirt. How is this happening?

Are you sweating during the day and having the BP run down your neck onto the collars? Are you washing your face towels with your shirts? I wash the towels I use with whites so that they don't bleach my color clothes.

Are you sweating during the day and having the BP run down your neck onto the collars? Are you washing your face towels with your shirts? I wash the towels I use with whites so that they don't bleach my color clothes.

No, none of that. I am extremely careful not to let anything that has touched my face into the wash. I also don't sweat onto my shirts. I cannot figure this out. Has anyone else had this experience?

EDIT: I should note that my most recent ruined shirt has no bleaching around the collar. I have made it a point to not let my face touch the collar when I remove it. It does, however, have evenly spaced speckles on the front and back. Could this be due to something besides the BP?

No, none of that. I am extremely careful not to let anything that has touched my face into the wash. I also don't sweat onto my shirts. I cannot figure this out. Has anyone else had this experience?

EDIT: I should note that my most recent ruined shirt has no bleaching around the collar. I have made it a point to not let my face touch the collar when I remove it. It does, however, have evenly spaced speckles on the front and back. Could this be due to something besides the BP?

It's most likely happening when you remove or put on a shirt. maybe wait to put on your BP after you put on your colthing. IDK

hmm. I'm thinking you are applying BP while dressed or with your clothing in the bathroom with you. My guess is that when you pump it into your hand, it splatters from the impact, sending tiny droplets onto your clothing.

i'm with ayla on this one. either wear nothing or something you don't care about while applying bp and make sure you give it adaquate drying time before putting on your clothing.