Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

let me just start by saying not much is worse than red marks...because they won't go away. i litteraly have 2 active blemishes on my face and it looks like i have severe acne all because of these red marks. mostly all on my cheeks a few near my chin. a couple of them are almost the size of an eraser on a pencil. my complexion is taking a beating. i've been doing lactic acid peels and they've been helping i think i'm going to bump up the intesity and get a glycolic peel or something. when i don't tan my complexion is extremely fair and let me just say this makes EVERY F'N redmark stick out even more. i can't go in the sun for atleast a month because i just went on doxycycline. i had a severe breakout with cyctic acne a few months ago and you may know every cyst left behind a red mark. some are so red it drives me crazy. i'm thinking of saying f it and use some cover up..because my skin feels nice and smooth but my complexion is extrememly blotchy and it makes me miserable especially when i go out because the sun brings all of those marks out of hiding. dan's regimen really helped stop the acne but it did not help for the red marks

i'm thinking of buying dan's aha. anyone have advice with red mark removel or diminisher...PLEASE HELP!!!! let me know what you've had success with! thanks

Glycolic peel is the way to go. Glycolic would reduce your red marks a lot within 3 -5 weeks depending on what percentage you use. (Haven't tried Glycolic yet but if you search the forum you can see some great results people had with it.) AHA is great but takes awhile to see any big results. I use AHA with a BHA wash. If you feel like it, do start wearing makeup, but just to let you know it could break you out.

Wow your situation sounds exactly like mine. I think I'm going to try the peels. Any tips on how to do it? Haven't done one before.

the one i've used you just put some of the acid on a cotton ball and aplly and think you can use your finger tips as well and just dab it on your not suppose to rub it in and wait several minutes and wash it off. it should come with specific directions.

I have a similar problem. Maybe 2-3 active spots at a time but then a bunch of red/brown spots everywhere that make it almost seem like I have moderate acne at times. I have a few old red marks that have been around for nearly a year.

I recently started using CeraVe cleanser which is very gentle, helps with red marks and most importantly, doesn't irritate or dry. Dryness can make red marks look worse. Keeping the skin properly hydrated is very important not only for red marks but it can also help prevent new breakouts.

I've also started using 8% AHA(Glycolic Acid) and it's definitely been helping lighten my marks up and tone my skin after only 5 days. It usually takes a few weeks to fully work though so I'm patiently waiting.

Just make sure to use sunscreen if you do use any chemical exfoliant. Sun damage can turn red marks to brown marks which not only last longer but look worse in my opinion.

Also try to moisturize after you exfoliate. More moisture usually means less redness.