Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Homer0001

Any merit to this simple hypertrophic/keloid treatment?

http://www.reverseskinaging.com/keloids.html

"The Method:

1. Apply TriReduction Cream or Super Cop Cream into the blemish in the morning

2. Use either Exfol Cream (2% hydroxy acid) or LacSal Cream (10% hydroxy acid) at night

3.Try this system for two months. If you do not see enough progress, try using a stronger hydroxy acid from one of our resellers. Or use a method of manual abrasion (such as a microdermabrasion cloth)."

Is there any merit to this?

Also while I'm here, does anyone know if hypertrophics/keloids would be affected by a strong topical cortisone rather than the injections?

Ya know.. I got keloids on my jawline. Both sides of my face. SOOOO VERY EMBARRASING.

I know a keloid is overgrown scar tissue... doesnt copper peptides promote new skin to grow?

I use AHA on mine every night for the last... month and a half. Nothing... But id like to know as well if adding copper peptides is something that can help.

doesnt copper peptides promote new skin to grow?

This is sorta why I started this thread.. I can't find an answer if copper peptides work for hypertrophics or if they will actually make them worse.

The topical cortisone I'm just curious about because I'll never take injections.

i thought copper peptides promote collagen and keloids are caused by over-production of collagen so i would guess that they would get worse?

but ive gotten okay results with silicone sheets

Black Scar Paste from the Jamu Shop is awesome on keloid scars. Thing is... it smells, is black in color and needs to be left on a while. Its great for overnight use. I wish I could get this in a store somewhere without having to order it from Hong Kong.

Right now I am using emu oil on my face keloids (on my jawline) and some AHA to see how that goes. I was really tempted to buy some wart remover (17% SA) and put that on and see if it will help flake em off.

^ How long have you been using them?

on and off for probably a year now. Probably got the most results in the first 4 months

^ How long have you been using them?

on and off for probably a year now. Probably got the most results in the first 4 months

I tried some for a month. They fell off anytime I sweat and were getting expensive because I had to buy a lot of them. I've also heard the scars return eventually?

The black scar paste... i dont know how it works but when I had used it on the keloids on my shoulders, it took the redness out and helped shrink them. I imagine if i could have used it for 6 month straight, it woulda worked wonders... Check out their site. www.thejamushop.com they have a whole write up on it.

I had some hypertrophic scars on my shoulders and I got really good improvement on those from microdermabrasions done fairly aggressively. It pretty much leveled them out to the surrounding skin. It did not reduced their cross-sectional area though.

The black scar paste... i dont know how it works but when I had used it on the keloids on my shoulders, it took the redness out and helped shrink them. I imagine if i could have used it for 6 month straight, it woulda worked wonders... Check out their site. www.thejamushop.com they have a whole write up on it.

Have you heard equally good reviews from other people?

Also, can anyone out there comment on topical cortisone for keloids rather than the injections?

Yes I learned about it from this board years ago... I wish had some. It took out the redness as well... i really am embarrassed about mine on my jawline but ill try to get some of this scar paste when I go overseas in Oct.

Yes I learned about it from this board years ago... I wish had some. It took out the redness as well... i really am embarrassed about mine on my jawline but ill try to get some of this scar paste when I go overseas in Oct.

How long did it take for the paste to work on your shoulder keloids?