Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Pokes pretteh yellow badge*

hehe

Haha! Congrats! So how's life on the Veteran Member side of the tracks?

Lol, good! :D

I like the Lounge. Lol

Its not some mystical place or nothing, but its nice.

the lounge is pretty good its more like just one giant chat board however the people who post there can be a bit more vicious than what you might be used to in emo.

if any flaming goes on its usually in lounge lol

How does one know how many posts that they have? I thought I had quite a few, but apparently not 150.

Click on "My Menu \/" (That's supposed to be a downwards arrow) it's right up near your # messages. Then click on "my controls".

thanks i've been trying to figure that for awhile. # 93rd post! almost there 57 more give me a few more weeks or so.

If you don't mind me saying so, it is a rediculous system, and it is rediculous that harmless, good, threads in the 'emo' section had to be closed. If we all had access to the lounge, these topics wouldn't be created in the 'wrong forum'.

And how do you know how many posts you have?

Agreed, I liked my thread on favorite books. If I would of started my topic, WHEN ACNE HAS ME SAD :boohoo: I like to read, what do you like to read?

It would of been fine.

Yeah, all the threads from here that were worth posting on are gone!

But "When acne makes me sad" is a good way to start out any off topic threads! :idea:

But if you clearly aren't talking about acne in the thread, then the thread will be closed.

To everyone waiting to get in the lounge - please don't continue to find sneaky ways to post off-topic threads. If you repeatedly break this rule on purpose, it will just result in your warn level being increased.

Just be patient for awhile - the mods are currently discussing changing the time and post # requirements (so, we might decide that you need less time and fewer posts to get in).

There is a good reason for making new members wait - we need to make sure of several things:

1. A new member isn't a spammer

2. The member just didn't join to post in the lounge (these people often don't contribute to the acne related threads, which is the main reason this board exists)

3. There tends to be more rule-breaking and misbehavior in the lounge than on the rest of the board. We need to make sure new members can follow the rules and all that before they get into the lounge. When the requirements to get in the lounge were more relaxed, we had major problems going on there - we don't want that to happen again.

If you don't mind me saying so, it is a rediculous system, and it is rediculous that harmless, good, threads in the 'emo' section had to be closed. If we all had access to the lounge, these topics wouldn't be created in the 'wrong forum'.

And how do you know how many posts you have?

Agreed, I liked my thread on favorite books. If I would of started my topic, WHEN ACNE HAS ME SAD :boohoo: I like to read, what do you like to read?

It would of been fine.

Yeah, all the threads from here that were worth posting on are gone!

But "When acne makes me sad" is a good way to start out any off topic threads! :idea:

But if you clearly aren't talking about acne in the thread, then the thread will be closed.

To everyone waiting to get in the lounge - please don't continue to find sneaky ways to post off-topic threads. If you repeatedly break this rule on purpose, it will just result in your warn level being increased.

Just be patient for awhile - the mods are currently discussing changing the time and post # requirements (so, we might decide that you need less time and fewer posts to get in).

There is a good reason for making new members wait - we need to make sure of several things:

1. A new member isn't a spammer

2. The member just didn't join to post in the lounge (these people often don't contribute to the acne related threads, which is the main reason this board exists)

3. There tends to be more rule-breaking and misbehavior in the lounge than on the rest of the board. We need to make sure new members can follow the rules and all that before they get into the lounge. When the requirements to get in the lounge were more relaxed, we had major problems going on there - we don't want that to happen again.

Yes. But don't you think locking down threads that are completely harmless and even relevant a little extreme?

For example the thread about the woman who wants to go see her ex boyfriend but she is worried because her skin is in bad shape. That highly pertains to emotional and psychological effects of acne, but it got closed down for some reason?

Or even my thread about favorite books, when I'm feeling low I like to read. I've seen threads about cutting (or even suicide) on these forums and those don't get locked down. So self loathing is A-OK but having a catharsis that is natural and talking about it is off topic?

Even my thread about dreams. Dreaming is highly symbolic and could easily have relevance to my acne or my skin condition, but apparently that also isn't qualified to be in this forum, yet alone website because it got shut down and not moved. At this rate I assure you no threads in this forum will even be worth posting in.

If it's not bleeding of optimism or self wallow it apparently does not belong at this web site, which is very disappointing I would make a thread about it, but we both know where it would end up.

Unless you are you saying our responses should also cater to the emotional and psychological effects of acne? Because that's impossible and in every category people debate trivialities in threads, diet and holistic is a good example.

I'll review the boyfriend thread again and see if it seems acne-relevant. Your dream thread is a REAL big stretch though - that's remaining closed. The problem right now is we see so many people trying to be deceptively getting around this by posting something off topic and then adding "Oh, and I am sad about my acne" - doesn't really make us want to be generous in letting any questionable posts slide.

The problem isn't the occasional off-topic post here or there. The problem is there are many of them all of a sudden, being done frequently by a group of several new posters who are clearly doing it because they can't get in the lounge. Also, if we let one person (or a few people) do it, then we have to let everyone do it.

Like I said - be patient and wait to see what the moderating team decides.

Or my post about the upcoming election didn't need to be locked either
I'll review the boyfriend thread again and see if it seems acne-relevant. Your dream thread is a REAL big stretch though - that's remaining closed. The problem right now is we see so many people trying to be deceptively getting around this by posting something off topic and then adding "Oh, and I am sad about my acne" - doesn't really make us want to be generous in letting any questionable posts slide.

The problem isn't the occasional off-topic post here or there. The problem is there are many of them all of a sudden, being done frequently by a group of several new posters who are clearly doing it because they can't get in the lounge. Also, if we let one person (or a few people) do it, then we have to let everyone do it.

It has nothing to do with the emotional effects of acne - it doesn't belong in this section.

Ok - the boyfriend thread has been reopened. The others will remain closed though.

If I added, "I used to cut my self but now I read books, please suggest books to read." would you re-open it? I liked that thread a lot.

BTW - normally, we would move all these off-topic threads into the lounge rather than closing them. However, since most people here who are posting off-topic can't get in there, it won't do you much good if we move them and keep them open there.

It has nothing to do with the emotional effects of acne - it doesn't belong in this section.

Ok - the boyfriend thread has been reopened. The others will remain closed though.

BTW - normally, we would move all these off-topic threads into the lounge rather than closing them. However, since most people here who are posting off-topic can't get in there, it won't do you much good if we move them and keep them open there.

If I added, "I used to cut my self but now I read books, please suggest books to read." would you re-open it? I liked that thread a lot.

Nice try, but no.

As I said already - we are reviewing our lounge requirements, so just give us some time to do that and we will keep you posted on what is decided. Until then, anything off topic here will continue to get closed or moved.

I guess my concern is that I'm confused on what qualifies as an emotional and psychological effect of acne.

A thread got closed about a boy who hurt his arm and now can't go to school for his scholarship. He talks about how emotional effects of acne are nothing compared to the pain and suffering he has to endure now that he can't pursue his dream. I thought it was a great post and it talks about emotional and psychological effects of acne and how they are irrelevant in the larger scope of things.

Btw if you are reading this thanks for the post, my professor collected my 15 page assignment today and he only grades 1 problem, I bombed the 1 problem he chose to grade. I was angry about it but reading your post helped me remember that grades won't be remembered in a year, sorry for your misfortune and I hope you feel better.

Just to update everyone - we will likely be lowering the time and posting requirements soon. We haven't come up with official numbers, but it may look something like 30 days and 50-75 posts before you can get in the lounge.

I will keep everyone updated. And please keep this section on topic in the meantime. I am not going to continue arguing with people about what constitutes the emotional effects of acne. If it is off topic, it will be closed. You are an intelligent bunch, I am pretty sure you understand what is supposed to be posted in this section.

Ok, there has been agreement to reduce the requirements for access to the lounge. Once the new requirements are in place (which should be soon), they will be:

-30 days membership

-60 posts

Thank you for cooperating by keeping your emo posts on topic!!!

I'm pretty sure lounge reqs used to be way easier back when i first started bc i got Lounge access way quick it seemed, but then again i knew nothing about it even existing until Brandy invited me. There were some interesting characters that have since either been banned or disappeared...

OH WOW YAYAYAYA! Then I don't have all that long!

Then you will see how I really feel about the world. :dance:

oooo sounds thrilling! I just cant wait to stop talking about acne 24/7 i mean it helps and all but sometimes i just want to take my mind off it.

It will be a daunting journey my dear Rob, but I assure you, your perseverance will be well compensated for. You have my word.

Now, you will begin your journey by travelling north through the Chasms of Flame, and then due east through the Forests of Despair. Then, when you arrive at The Altar of Severed Heads, you will have to make a choice. Go with your intuition for it will guide you to making the right decision.

Once you've made the right choice, you will proceed forth into the Cave of Slaughtering. You will then encounter a ferocious creature. To defeat the demon, you must call forth the demon that resides within you...ACNE. You must summon acne to strike the creature down, for your powers are petty in comparison to that of the creature's.

Once you muster the strength to summon, and therefore, conquer your own demons, you will utterly destroy this creature. When you have accomplished this menacing task, you must venture forth and find the Pond of Suffering, where you will disrobe of your garnishments and bathe. This act will tear a gate open to the lower planes of HELL. You must enter this gate.

Upon entrance to HELL, you will see The Lounge before you.

Now go and ride swiftly.

It will be a daunting journey my dear Rob, but I assure you, your perseverance will be well compensated for. You have my word.

Now, you will begin your journey by travelling north through the Chasms of Flame, and then due east through the Forests of Despair. Then, when you arrive at The Altar of Severed Heads, you will have to make a choice. Go with your intuition for it will guide you to making the right decision.

Once you've made the right choice, you will proceed forth into the Cave of Slaughtering. You will then encounter a ferocious creature. To defeat the demon, you must call forth the demon that resides within you...ACNE. You must summon acne to strike the creature down, for your powers are petty in comparison to that of the creature's.

Once you muster the strength to summon, and therefore, conquer your own demons, you will utterly destroy this creature. When you have accomplished this menacing task, you must venture forth and find the Pond of Suffering, where you will disrobe of your garnishments and bathe. This act will tear a gate open to the lower planes of HELL. You must enter this gate.

Upon entrance to HELL, you will see The Lounge before you.

Now go and ride swiftly.

Oh FINE!! Ruin the surprise for everyone....