Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MysteryX58

My cystic acne...

I have had acne since i was about 13. I'm now almost 18, senior in high school and am still suffering from large painfull bumps. When i say i have tried everything, i mean i have tried everything...From minocycline,tetracycline,proactive,acnefree,oxy,netrogena, home remedies, and nothing has worked for me...So as of tomorrow im going to try this diet. Its a 3 day diet where you can only eat apples and drink water. The concept behind the apple fast is that acne forms due to having a toxic build-up due to improper digestion. When bowel movements are unable to clean the system, the only way to evacuate the toxins is through the skin. The apple cure makes you eat apples for 3 days, and because apples are extremely high in fiber, it cleans out your digestive system better than any other fruit. Has anyone ever tried this before? Should i try this, if not what should i do...I have senior portraits soon =/

I've never heard of this "apple diet" before in my life. I hope this diet was not based off of the "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" kind of theory. If you really want to clean your digestive system you should go on a detox. Pomegranate (sp?) does wonders. The water part I like, at least 6-7 cups a day. I drink about 2 L of water a day which to me even isint enough. If you have spot cysts I suggest you put a bit of neosporin on it. Works well for me. I used to have a bit of cystic acne along with my mild acne but it never bothered me too much. Your senior portrait photographers will photoshop your pic too most likely so dont stress about it.

Neosporin? Never heard of that, im gonna give that a try tonight...And yes my mom just told me they have retouch, so that does make me feel tons better! =]

Ok, I just finished this diet/cleanse 'system' about a month ago....and if it tells you anything, I just started Accutane Thursday! :)

I'm not sure if it would work for you, but it's definitely worth a try. The cleanse was fairly easy, and I actually felt amazing on the 3rd day, my stomach has never been flatter (ok, maybe in high school!).

I didn't mind the supplements, either, but it just seemed like another system that didn't work wonders for me. I'm not you, though, so good luck with it and keep us/me posted to know if it did work wonders for you!

PS: I will be using some of the ideas I took from this system in conjunction with accutane. I believe a healthy diet and exercise and a few supplements are wonderful assets.....but I am also putting a lot of faith in accutane because I have quite a few friends who it worked wonders for!

Good luck again.....and the pics will be fine!

I have had acne since i was about 13. I'm now almost 18, senior in high school and am still suffering from large painfull bumps. When i say i have tried everything, i mean i have tried everything...From minocycline,tetracycline,proactive,acnefree,oxy,netrogena, home remedies, and nothing has worked for me...So as of tomorrow im going to try this diet. Its a 3 day diet where you can only eat apples and drink water. The concept behind the apple fast is that acne forms due to having a toxic build-up due to improper digestion. When bowel movements are unable to clean the system, the only way to evacuate the toxins is through the skin. The apple cure makes you eat apples for 3 days, and because apples are extremely high in fiber, it cleans out your digestive system better than any other fruit. Has anyone ever tried this before? Should i try this, if not what should i do...I have senior portraits soon =/

I want to try accutane so bad, but my mom is iffy about it becuase im prone to getting side effects..Minocycline was too strong for me, and so i was placed on tetracycline, which did nothing by the way.. Im running out of ideas. :cry:

try reading "the clear skin diet." i read that and i'm trying to change my diet/lifestyle. i found it pretty informative. i have cystic acne also and although i haven't found a cure yet i think its good to be informed about the other options that might help, especially since all the prescription drugs u tried aren't really helping you ne more. i definitely don't think the st. ives scrub on cystic acne is helpful. a lot of ppl on this forum don't recommend that scrub at all.. too harsh for our skin & it will probably irritate your cysts. i know i wouldn't do it. haha. g'luck on ur apple diet, if it works maybe that just means you need more fiber in your diet (i think this was also mentioned in the book).