Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bryan.

Why dont Fat people have acne???

yes its true, mostly all fat people have clear skin, im positive with this because i have barely seen anyone who was over weight with acne, i mostly see just skinny or regular weight people with them

I've had 2 overweight friends with moderate acne. One has a poor diet, the other one I'm not sure about. However, I have noticed that thin/normal weight people tend to have more acne than overweight people.

Maybe someone who specializes in fat science can shed some light here?

I noticed this too. I wondered why i keep gettin acne and they dont. My diet is like really healthy and i take great care of my skin. But some of my fatter friends don't wash there face at all and they eat all crap food and they still don't get acne. It kind of made me mad for a while, but i kind of accepted it. They'll be the first to get premature skin aging and health problems, though.

I noticed this, too. My friends that are bigger than me all have clear skin. One has really mild acne, and a few just get one zit every couple or few months. It bugs me, because they don't watch what they eat whatsoever, they don't exercise, and they just wash their face with water.

Guest missyjean130

I knew fat people with acne....

Because its bad enough there fat, God doesnt need to punish them anymore.

I thought about that too. Acne is their to balance out the world.

It has nothing to do with their poor diet and their poor hygiene. Ance is genetic you either get it or yo dont. I have friends who also eat like crap all day long and dont wash their face, and they have flawless skin. Very irritating.

maybe its the just washing your face with water part- for some odd reason... the less you wash and if you just use water.... people report that their tone evens out and their acne dissapears faster.... weird... and not fair.

fat people are less sexually active?

On the right track.

Obese have less levels of testosterone.

It is like Eunuchs have statistically less acne and baldness.

www.associatedcontent.com/article/183701/testosterone_levels_affected_by_obesity.html

I'm kind of fat and have had major acne. I also had acne when I was normal weight. I don't really see a difference in acne's prevalence between overweight, underweight, and normal weight people. Actually, I rarely see people with noticeable acne around here . . .

i know that is some bull crap,

i look sexy as hell...exept for the acne,

I have like a 6 pac and Everything im on the Varsity team.....

but i have Like Major case of acne like Sever Body acne,

to the point where its on my arms and hands....Yeah hands....not good.

But a lot of fat people Get it only on the Face.....ive enver seen a fat guy with body acne?

i think the reason why we think fat people don't have severe acne is because we see that they are overweight more so than their acne.

dude weight and acne are 2 differnet things......people notice acne Before weight,

You know why? because Obesity IS Common in Americans Now 80% of america is over weight

80%...where'd you get that from...

According to the CDC, around 2/3 over age 20 are overweight and 1/3 are obese. For age 20 and under, it is only 17-19% who are overweight. Still, I think that if a person is obese, you're more likely to notice that they're 300 pounds than any acne they might have.

"Men who are overweight or obese tend to have higher levels of androgen-produced estrogen. They are converting a male hormone into a female hormone in their fat. The more body fat you have, the more estrogen you produce in your fat,” Chavarro said.

Tends to.

80%...where'd you get that from...

According to the CDC, around 2/3 over age 20 are overweight and 1/3 are obese. For age 20 and under, it is only 17-19% who are overweight. Still, I think that if a person is obese, you're more likely to notice that they're 300 pounds than any acne they might have.

If they are using BMI, then that is seriously misleading. According to BMI, most bodybuilders and many athletes would be "obese" :rolleyes: .

Be careful with those statistics...you don't know how they were determined. Not to mention that obese and morbidly obese are different also. 200 lbs may be obese for someone, but 300 is morbidly obese. Morbid obesity is not average at all in the US. It's like 2% of people or something (still way too high). I do agree though that Americans are getting frighteningly fat....

I could see the testosterone thing making some sense. However, I've seen lots of fat people with acne...and being a bit overweight and obese are two different things.

Did you know that obesity and acne have a common connection? FAT Either it is stored or expelled (sebaceaous glands) and that is one reason that DIETs help lose acne but also cause obese people to lose weight.

Something to chew on.

yes its true, mostly all fat people have clear skin, im positive with this because i have barely seen anyone who was over weight with acne, i mostly see just skinny or regular weight people with them

Im thirty pounds overweight and I have acne. That is a stereotype and fat is a derogitory term. I hate that word.

Im thirty pounds overweight and I have acne. That is a stereotype and fat is a derogitory term. I hate that word.

I'm also 30lbs overweight! Definitely a sterotype. My sister is a bit underweight and she has beautiful skin (she is also tall with long thick hair. Lucky!)

I think its false, Overweight people tend not to take care of themselves and deal with more acne related problems.