Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClaraLoassa

Best *drugstore* foundation?

Hey, can any of you recommend a good drugstore brand foundation?

I definitely don't have the money for expensive stuff, and I don't like EM or Bare Minerals. I'm looking for things by Neutrogena, Covergirl, Almay, L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc.

Any suggestions? Powders, liquid, mousse, cream, anything. I have slightly dry skin and need something with good coverage that looks natural and doesn't clog pores?

Guest kiwikali

uhm no drugstore is good

not for me anyways

they just suck

but i dont wear foundation anyways so whatever.

"]

Maybelline's Pure Makeup line is great. Their concealer sucks, though. I'd recommend Covergirl's coverstick for concealer instead.

Either that or Physician's Formula.

Maybelline mineral make up (powder one) is brilliant its free from talc and everything else that can cause spots. Plus it has zinc in it which is suppose to be good for spots. As its a powder its very light on your face but covers brilliantly

whenever i run out of my main mineral foundation & don't feel like going to the mall to get it, i just go to the drugstore and get milani minerals.

it doesn't stay put unless you use primer and after 5-7 hours, i have to touch up, but i really like how you can build the coverage. the shades are limited, so i just mix it with a physician's formula pressed powder, which i also like.

I use Maybelline's Mineral Power Cover Up. It has no Talc,no oil, and no fragrance. It blends well. The foundation I didn't like so much because it made my skin look greasy after an hour, but I stopped using any kind of foundation and it's been helping my skin clear up.

I really liked Neutrogena Mineral Sheers loose powder foundation (it has that brush attatched where you shake it, but I snapped the top part off and now I use a better brush witht the powder.)

But now, I have started Physicians formual and it is so breathable and light! and it looks very natural, but it's quite exspensive to any other drug store makeup brand I have used; so I only use the powder.

I use the maybelline pure makeup too! not as a foundation tho. Just under the eyes and to cover up little red areas

A lot of you suggest Maybelline Pure Make-up, but I just want to throw in an opposing view and mention that this broke me out real bad, particularly my chin. I had huge red things which only went away after I stopped using this make-up.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin is nice, but it's thick, which makes it hard to remove so my pores got clogged from it. And I noticed my skin tended to be oily by the end of the day. I switched to Revlon Colorstay (today is the first day I've worn it so far!) and one layer provides so much coverage, compared to the Neutrogena, where I needed 2-3 layers for coverage.

I forgot to put make-up on before work on Friday so I had to pick up some at the drug store. I bought L'Oreal true match foundation and concealer and it is pretty good. I like my Prescriptives stuff better, but for the money, the True Match stuff is good!

A lot of you suggest Maybelline Pure Make-up, but I just want to throw in an opposing view and mention that this broke me out real bad, particularly my chin. I had huge red things which only went away after I stopped using this make-up.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin is nice, but it's thick, which makes it hard to remove so my pores got clogged from it. And I noticed my skin tended to be oily by the end of the day. I switched to Revlon Colorstay (today is the first day I've worn it so far!) and one layer provides so much coverage, compared to the Neutrogena, where I needed 2-3 layers for coverage.

Me too.

Since I have been so flaky from the BP, I haven't been able to use my mineral makeup. I needed a liquid foundation and it needed to be cheap (since I hope this is only temporary). Anyway, I ended up getting TruBlend from CoverGirl since it really matched my skin well (Classic Ivory). So far, so good. It feels very light on the skin; it's easy to blend (less irritation!) But, you will need concealer on the really red or dark spots.