Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone in highschool with bad acne? Then you know what Im talking about. People who dont have it and dont understand your pain constantly moking you with satire or plain out insults. One that makes me mad is how everyone thinks that Im stupid because I still havent cured mine. Im tired of people acting like theyre my dermatologist and suggesting products for me. Im just about ready to kill the next person that tells me "I need to get some Proactiv" Anyone else?

Guest missyjean130

I had people saving magazine clippings of acne ads for me, and I had rocks thrown at me..ooh and one guy even pushed me down the cement stairwell.

If you laugh about it and crack some jokes like," naw proactive didnt work for me, it's made of piss anyhow"and then LOL about it.Maybe people will be less inclined to make fun of you with a good attitude?

I mean really,it has urea in it. Pee

i feel ya.

today i was i the counselor's office waiting outside and there was two friends waiting as well.

one of them had bad acne worse than mine but i really coudn't tell b cus i didn't want to stare.

anyways one of the friends totally calls him out and says. "what happened to your face u used to b clear?"

the other guy took it lightly and said, " i know i've tried everything" as he was sipping a big cup of soda from sonic's.

i felt like telling him that thats exactly what is causing his problems right there.

funny thing was a guard made him throw out his drink right then.

lol.

so idono i don't mind as long as i feel like not everyone is always staring, even tho i have the worst skin in the room most of the time.

one of my teachers actually has a lot of scars too.

it's weird because last yr my teach had acne as well.

evens things out i guess.

so what helps me not get too down is to stay focused on skool not ppl.

Guest missyjean130
i feel ya.

today i was i the counselor's office waiting outside and there was two friends waiting as well.

one of them had bad acne worse than mine but i really coudn't tell b cus i didn't want to stare.

anyways one of the friends totally calls him out and says. "what happened to your face u used to b clear?"

the other guy took it lightly and said, " i know i've tried everything" as he was sipping a big cup of soda from sonic's.

i felt like telling him that thats exactly what is causing his problems right there.funny thing was a guard made him throw out his drink right then.

lol.

so idono i don't mind as long as i feel like not everyone is always staring, even tho i have the worst skin in the room most of the time.

Lol. that might not be the reason XDDD

Sugar increases the inflammatory reaction but it doesn't cause acne.

I had people saving magazine clippings of acne ads for me, and I had rocks thrown at me..ooh and one guy even pushed me down the cement stairwell.

If you laugh about it and crack some jokes like," naw proactive didnt work for me, it's made of piss anyhow"and then LOL about it.Maybe people will be less inclined to make fun of you with a good attitude?

missy:

u the s***!

i feel ya.

i felt like telling him that thats exactly what is causing his problems right there.funny thing was a guard made him throw out his drink right then.

lol.

but it certainly doesn't help the situation

Guest missyjean130

missy:

u the s***!

i feel ya.

lol.

but it certainly doesn't help the situation

true

did you just call me shit? =(

jk LOL

I hear you.

School is one of the hardest places to deal with acne. What keeps me going is knowing that I'll focuse on my education, get a great job, but truely happy, and my acne will disappear somewhere along the way.

But, of course, I've never been made fun of for my acne, but I have been made fun of for having a shiny face :( It hurts and it takes time to heal.

Plus, while all of my friends are getting prettier with age, and all of the guys are starting to notice them, I am just flat out ugly. I would be at least reasonable without the acne and oily skin. But nope, I'm discusting looking. :(

Not everyone is acne immune in highschool, you even see some clear people break out time to time :P don't worry, most people go through the same thing.

man i love high school nobody ever makes comments bout my red marks because they know they dont bother me, not even this obnixous kid that always tells me shoes dont match, cause they all know i dont let it get to me. i love high skool except for the work

I was in embarrassed in high school but now I'm mortified in college.

There's 35, 000 students and sometimes I feel I'm the onlt one who is suffering from acne.

But they are alot nicer and more understanding about it

High school definately has worse acne cases than middle school, i've found. It kind of makes me feel better to know that im not alone out there xD

It's definately different. I've already been offered drugs 2 times (and its the second freakin week!). Mabye i should cut my hair lol.

Guest missyjean130
yeah I was there.

Now I'm in college and still have it, albeit not NEARLY as bad. There's really not much I can do. I've already been on accutane twice.

wow, twice on tane and you still have it? That's insane...you were on correct dosages and eating it with a fatty meal right?

yeah I was there.

Now I'm in college and still have it, albeit not NEARLY as bad. There's really not much I can do. I've already been on accutane twice.

wow, twice on tane and you still have it? That's insane...you were on correct dosages and eating it with a fatty meal right?

I took 2 40 mg pills twice a day (80 mg/day obviously) for each course. I was very good with keeping up with taking the meds at roughly equal intervals and with food. I don't understand why my skin still breaks out.

I'm 5'10" and weigh 135-145 lbs. depending on my metabolism.

I understand it completely as I've gone through the same stuff during my first two years in highschool.

Most of the people in the school I went to had clear skin, and some of them even underestimated my intelligence and social abilities. I remember arguing with some idiot about an unimportant topic, when he said "wait - how can you tell that if you haven't even fixed your face?"

I just replied: "these flaws on my face will be gone in a few years, while yours won't"

Try not to think about acne, focus on studying and just ignore those wannabe derms.

i feel ya.

i felt like telling him that thats exactly what is causing his problems right there.

lol.

maybe he's on acne.org now

i feel ya.

lol.

maybe he's on acne.org now

I FELT LIKE SAYIN THAT 2 LIKE DUDE JUS JOIN ACNE.ORG its' like myspace but for ppl w/ acne. u no like us lol,

I went through this when I was in high school. I'm a senior in college now and you'll be glad to know that even if your acne doesn't go away, eventually most people who are ignorant and ill-mannered on the subject of the way people look will. I know you've probably been told this time and again, but high school is pretty petty and you should really try to ignore it.

Well, it's my last year of high school and already, I've missed three days. :(

Most people at my high school don't have acne -- at least most of the girls don't (maybe they are better at hiding it than me).

I don't mind the learning. I just hate the social aspects.

I feel exactly the same way , having acne in highschool has got to be the worst time possible ever to have it!!! and the worse part is being like the only kid with it , and seeing people who may have had it worse fix it somehow :S

High school does suck when you've got acne.

I had it really bad in high school until my senior year, then I cleared up. It was nice cuz I got to rub it in to everyone who made fun of me before, alotta guys started asking me out, and I'd always turn em down. UNTOUCHABLE, Baby!

Sure made me feel good.

I got acne again when I moved to FL for a year for school, hated it so I came back to Minnesota. Minnesota weather does wonders for my skin.

Plus I just started a new benzoyl peroxide cream and it's really clearing me up, I feel great. I don't even have to wear make up anymore.

Little tidbit... just don't let em bug ya, shrug it off and eventually you'll really honestly feel like it's not that big of a deal. confidence is key.