Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eimile19

Makeup Primer- anti-chafing gel ?

Does anyone use Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer for makeup ? it's only $7 at drug stores!

i saw one girl's make-up tutorial on google blog, who uses it- she said it has some of same ingredients as the expensive primers..

but i wondered if it was okay to use for us acne- prone people?

how do you apply? and how much?

I use it. I used MAC's Prep+Prime before but this works even better and is less than half the price. A lot of posters here use it as well. You apply this like you would any primer - a pea drop amount after moisturizer. Let it set for a few minutes before applying your makeup. Here's a thread that was posted a while back.. click here.

I don't like primers because I feel like they clog your pores...I like using a gel moisturizer. But I know many girls who use/love Smashbox Lite primer.

i use it everyday. it hasn't made me breakout.

in combination with milk of magnesia, my makeup stays on all day, even through strenuous dancing. and I am a SWEAT-ER!

so that's saying something.

Does anyone use Monistat anti-chafing gel as a primer for makeup ? it's only $7 at drug stores!

i saw one girl's make-up tutorial on google blog, who uses it- she said it has some of same ingredients as the expensive primers..

but i wondered if it was okay to use for us acne- prone people?

how do you apply? and how much?

i use it. it doesn't break me out, even though it does have a lot of ingredients.

all i do is pat it into my face after a few minutes of letting my moisturizer sit and then wait a couple minutes to let the gel sink into the skin.

i wonder how many people use this for chafing cuz it works for that, too. & when i run out of my paint pot & don't have time to buy another, i use this to prime my eyes over HIP shadow paint or concealer to help the eyeshadow stay longer. it's multi-purpose. lol.

Ive been using it but it hasnt really helped it last all day and I use it after my moisturizer. It does however help with my eyeshadows from creasing.

I use it everyday and I love it!!! It hasn't broke me out at all and make's my make-up look soo much better and keeps it on all day from 7am-8pm :surprised:

Just a quick question about the Monistat anti-chafing gel, does anyone know if and where I can buy this in the UK?

Just a quick question about the Monistat anti-chafing gel, does anyone know if and where I can buy this in the UK?

yes it got launched this summer (we're a nation of fatties I guess)

You can get a free sample from their website.