Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s.c.a.r.

Mild,Moderate,Severe? Help!

Can somebody help me and inform me what type of acne I have?

Also, I am thinking about switching routines.

Current Routine:

Morning - Acne wash BP 5%; Clean/clear Dual Action Moisturizer

Wash face througout day with water only

Night - Wash with Dove Soap, then apply Tretinoin 0.025%, then C/C Moisturizer

Should I switch to The Regimen here on acne.org?

Thanks everyone.

post-83114-1220578957_thumb.jpg

post-83114-1220578962_thumb.jpg

post-83114-1220578957_thumb.jpg

post-83114-1220578962_thumb.jpg

Your acne appears to be mild. Are you still breaking out from your current regimen? Do you pick your face or pop your pimples?

yes, I continue to get a pimples here and there; NO i have disciplined myself to not touch my face at all; however it continues to itch a little, even after i use the moisturizer, but i am hesitant to use another routine because i've tried so many things that im afraid my switching from product to product will cause more irritation...

Well UFO, I actually wash 3 times a day and I'm fine with it. It depends on individuals as they know their skin best.

The only thing I'm wary(sp?) of is the Dove Soap that you used at night. I've heard alot of bad things about it. Might want to check it out on the treatment reviews.

And since you have little breakouts, I suggest you stick to your current regimen.

thanks all.

well, i used dove soap because on the instructions i got for the Tretinoin it said I could use for cleaning my face before i apply the Tretinoin. But do you have any reccomendations for a good cleanser?

I agree with everyone who had posted. My acne was very similar to what you had and Dan's regimen fixed that.

The C+C dual action moisturizer is breaking you out. Trust me, it made my face terrible.

Try a simple moisturizer like Cerave.

And soap is not bad for acne. Actually its better than acne washes and gentle cleansers. If you have oily skin, you NEED soap.

And soap is not bad for acne. Actually its better than acne washes and gentle cleansers. If you have oily skin, you NEED soap.

I'm starting to wonder about this. I find when I shave with soap as opposed to shaving foam my skin is much better. Shaving foam breaks me out, but after shaving with soap my acne will usually be better than usual for a few days.

I have really oily skin, and while soap dries it out, I think this might actually be a good thing. Kills off the acne and stops me from looking so oily.

How do you know what level of acne do you have?

On acne.org, Dan has mild acne as: blackheads, whiteheads; moderate acne as: pastules, pustules; severe acne as: nodules, cysts

So, to me, it looks like this guy has moderate acne.

^^^^^See that's what I thought too.

To everyone though, I just realized that my moisturizer has salicylic acid in it, so i have to change that - any reccomendations?

And any reccomendations on a good cleanser.

hmm...to me it looks like moderate, but im wondering what you would think of mine....

i have moderate body acne, and mildly moderate facial acne (well thats what i believe).

you'd probably think its not even acne but in grade 6 its REALLY bad!!!!(cuz no one else has acne)

Eat healthy and you'll be on your way to clear(er) skin!!!