Notifications
Clear all

cortisone shot!

MemberMember
(@tired-princess)

Posted : 09/04/2008 9:58 am

i just got my first cortisone shot for a small cyst that has been on my chin now for 2 weeks, holy crap am i hurting right now!

can i put ice or anything on my chin to calm it done? i've never had this done and i should have asked.

MemberMember
(@tired-princess)

Posted : 09/04/2008 10:13 am

helllp, lol my chin is over fire stinginggggggggggg...

MemberMember
(@devendralover)

Posted : 09/04/2008 10:48 am

take an ibuprofen that usually helps me with the pain and the swelling after an injection. I am sure putting ice on it would be fine as well but will probably make your skin all red.

MemberMember
(@tired-princess)

Posted : 09/04/2008 10:56 am

take an ibuprofen that usually helps me with the pain and the swelling after an injection. I am sure putting ice on it would be fine as well but will probably make your skin all red.

oh you had one before? awesome cus i have another question! lol sorry, it's realllllly bright red is that normal too? well i just took 1 ibprofun now im gonna take a nap. thanx ;)

MemberMember
(@cici89)

Posted : 09/04/2008 11:07 am

i just had a cortisone injection 2 days ago too and besides hurting (take advil!), it has now turned into a flattened lumpy thing thats kinda hard. will that go away?

MemberMember
(@devendralover)

Posted : 09/04/2008 3:03 pm

It is normal for the cyst to be bright red after injected, it should go down soon. The last time I got one injected it went away within 2 days flat. It hurt so bad after I got it done too, it was right by my lip, I so wanted to cry as I walked out of the derms office. It should go down though so try not to stress. As far as cici89 the flattened lumpy thingy may go away and it may not. I have a spot on my cheek where I got one injected and now I sort of have a lumpy thing going on there too, give it a few weeks and if it does not go down you can talk to your derm about it. Mine is very small and I only notice it when I wash my face so I never talked to my derm about it as it does not bother me that much. Hope I helped you guys.

MemberMember
(@tired-princess)

Posted : 09/04/2008 4:50 pm

It is normal for the cyst to be bright red after injected, it should go down soon. The last time I got one injected it went away within 2 days flat. It hurt so bad after I got it done too, it was right by my lip, I so wanted to cry as I walked out of the derms office. It should go down though so try not to stress. As far as cici89 the flattened lumpy thingy may go away and it may not. I have a spot on my cheek where I got one injected and now I sort of have a lumpy thing going on there too, give it a few weeks and if it does not go down you can talk to your derm about it. Mine is very small and I only notice it when I wash my face so I never talked to my derm about it as it does not bother me that much. Hope I helped you guys.

thanx so much girl! yeah i got it done at about 10:30 am... it's now almost 6 and it's still red :(

i hope thats normal??

MemberMember
(@retreat)

Posted : 09/12/2017 7:59 pm

Did the redness eventually go?