Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeisapro

power of capsaicin

Capsaicin is the substance that is in hot peppers and gives it its "heat". Apparently, its a great anti-inflammatory, among many other things (including even reducing risks for cancer, especially prostate cancer) and I was told it might even be good for acne. Does anybody know if theres a connection here? I love eating hot food, and recently have been trying habaneros (one of the hottest chilies in the world) and was wondering how this might affect acne. Im even thinking of putting it on a few spots and seeing what happens lol. But is there a connection? Good or bad?

A little update:

Last night I stuck my finger in the pepper and actually spot treated with it. I put it on developing whiteheads and some were already a little white. At first nothing happened, and then I got extreme pain in my face, and the areas I applied it became extremely inflamed. I waited an hour, put a small amount of emu oil where there was burning, and went to sleep, thinking I made a huge mistakem, and it would irritate my acne. When I woke up, my skin was back to normal, but the spots I put it on seemed much smaller, in fact, it looked as if it actually made one completely go away o.O I know they are making skin creams with capsaicin now, but I dont know if they are for acne or not. But I will continue using this as a spot treatment, it seemed to work.

I read some account of people saying they put cayenne powder on a wound and it healed with no scar. They said it hurt pretty bad though initially, but then afterward it actually numbs the pain because the nerves run out of the chemical transmitter needed for sending a pain signal. Worth a shot.

A little update:

Last night I stuck my finger in the pepper and actually spot treated with it. I put it on developing whiteheads and some were already a little white. At first nothing happened, and then I got extreme pain in my face, and the areas I applied it became extremely inflamed. I waited an hour, put a small amount of emu oil where there was burning, and went to sleep, thinking I made a huge mistakem, and it would irritate my acne. When I woke up, my skin was back to normal, but the spots I put it on seemed much smaller, in fact, it looked as if it actually made one completely go away o.O I know they are making skin creams with capsaicin now, but I dont know if they are for acne or not. But I will continue using this as a spot treatment, it seemed to work.

after touching the pepper, make sure you don't accidentally touch your eyes. Even after thoroughly washing your hands many times, keep your fingers away from your eyes. Take it from one who knows. :doubt: