Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
richter

Accutane Generics?

My derm put me on accutane...but the generics, I am not sure which generic yet..but she says they are all the same as accutane. Any advice??

Thanks

drink a lot of water

mosturize

get some good chapstick.

Remeber to take your pills.

Don't drink/do drugs.

Don't get pregnant wrap it up.

Good Luck!

hello!

advice for good chapstick - i really liked aloe vera vaseline because it doesn't give you white bits on your lips and stays put whilst soothing and healing.

oh, and a water based moisturiser. because then you don't feel bad about clogging pores whilst putting loads and loads of it on! i used E45 lotion (but if you're in america, i'm not sure if you can get that?)

good luck!

Read my log, link is in sig, I'm 49 days in, and it has day by day updates so you can see what to expect.

I've drunk a few times on tane, and got totally wankered, and everything's been fine. Just don't make a habit of it I suppose.

The aloe vera vaseline is VERY good, I lost mine so I'm using normal right now which is crap, as is my moisturizer, leaves me red, but I think I'll pick up some of that E45 tonight, see if it's any good :D

I do think there is a difference in Accutane generic quality. My son was on Claravis and Sotret. I definately saw a difference in his complexion when he was using Sotret. Now I make sure the dermo writes the RX and indicates that Sotret is medically necessary. The dermo even mentioned that other patients had commented on how Sotret was much better.

I do think there is a difference in Accutane generic quality. My son was on Claravis and Sotret. I definately saw a difference in his complexion when he was using Sotret. Now I make sure the dermo writes the RX and indicates that Sotret is medically necessary. The dermo even mentioned that other patients had commented on how Sotret was much better.

There is no possible way for sotret to be in any way different to any other generic drug of isotretinoin, as they all have the same chemical formula of C20H28O2, and it would be impossible for patients to say how much 'better' sotret is than any other generic since you can never have 2 exact same people under exact same conditions, each taking one drug.

In response to the original post your derm is 100% correct, they are the same, and gl it worked miracles for me :)