Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
msnboy

Accutane - 18/m/england UK - 40mg

Started on August 21st

It was such a hassle to get a referral to the NHS, because my doctor claimed he was an dermatology expert, but i felt he was just trying to flog me off with excuses. So i went to another one to get the referral and he gave it straight away.

As with everyone else , ive pretty much tried everything else. but they were only temporary solutions.

I particularly enjoy going to the gym and taking weight gainers, and preworkout supplements , but unfortunately I have to stop the weight gainers because they have vitamin A. Also unfortunately no drinking which means freshers week will be no fun :(

My acne is fairly mild. mainly whiteheads and normal red spots , and them ones which are under your skin ready to come out but REALLY hurt!!

WEEK 1 (August 28th)

• Not much has changed
  • Whiteheads are drying out much quicker
  • But they are eventually turning black! :|

Hi mate, i'm from england too.

You can't drink at all on tane correct me if wrong? This is what puts me off as i don't want to not go out every thursday to the pub with friends, and then to have excuses every time as i don't want to tell them i'm on accutane really.

How you going to cope?

Hi mate, i'm from england too.

You can't drink at all on tane correct me if wrong? This is what puts me off as i don't want to not go out every thursday to the pub with friends, and then to have excuses every time as i don't want to tell them i'm on accutane really.

How you going to cope?

I think you can drink but only a limited amount and also not regularly. The person that prescribed me accutane said i should limit drinks to about 2 spirits (jd and coke is my fave). I have no idea how im gonna cope. Ive been invited to a reuinion and i really dont wanna go because my face is in such a disgusting state also people will expect me to be a taxi driver because im not drinking!. I dont know how to tell them im not coming in a nice way :confused: . I wouldnt mind telling them but then the word will go round VERY quickly and then I think someone will say something to me to upset me.

WEEK 2 (September 4th)

• Skin is noticable more drier
  • whiteheads are drying out quick and dropping off
  • I had my 1st nosebleed on tuesday !
  • eyes are slightly dry
  • no backpain
  • lips are still normal

hey mate how did you manage to get a referral?? my doc is also " a skin expert" and keeps fobbing me off with crap ive tried before, im in desperate need to get accutane, my skin is shit cheers mate , oh im in england too!!!!

hey mate how did you manage to get a referral?? my doc is also " a skin expert" and keeps fobbing me off with crap ive tried before, im in desperate need to get accutane, my skin is shit cheers mate , oh im in england too!!!!

I just went to another doctor, but at the same surgery. I think the doc that actually game me the referral is old and is getting bored of his job - so he just gives pretty much gives you any medicine which you want .

Try get a referral ASAP , because it will take over a month to get an actual appointment .

Luckily i found a cancellation using their online 'choose and book' system. So I didnt spend too much time waiting.

good luck !

WEEK 3 (September 11th)

• Only getting a few small/tiny spots here and there
  • Had a few more random nosebleeds !
  • Mouth area is getting much more dryer
  • Lips feel weird .. the skin on top is slightly hard but underneath its still soft , if you know what i mean, not chapped or anything yet !
  • I havent had any large red spots or whiteheads lately - which is very encouraging
  • Nose is quite rough - I can see blackheads coming up (not a pretty sight)
  • Body is functioning well - no back pain , or any joint pain what so ever

I'll try get some pic ups soon !

Ive pretty much been at home pampering myself LOL :ninja:

(Any questions please ask !)

WEEK 4 (september 18)

• Face is much clearer
  • Not had any new spots or anything
  • Only had one nosebleed
  • Lips still are not craking or anything
  • My mood is normal
  • No joint or back pain

Great to hear that you're having success man. I started about 10 days ago and can't wait.

good luck mate , im dreading another breakout which is most likely to come soon :redface:

WEEK 5 (25th September)

• Ive got a large spot actually on my nostril this time ... its hurts bad and i cant wipe my nose either .... but when i look in the mirror i cant really see it which is a good thing
  • Overall dryness has not changed of my face .. no cracking of lips or anything
  • No back ache
  • Not played with my mind lol
  • Face looks kinda clearer , marks are less red then they used to me

Got my next appointment on 30th Sept ...

WEEK 5 (October 2nd)

so basically i had my appointment and she said that i will continue with having 40mg for a further 6 weeks.

• Everything is fine
  • Couldnt have much fun during freshers week
  • Mood is fine
  • Only had one small pimple
  • Face is looking slightly clearer
  • No problems with dryness, just a tad bit around my mouth, no craking of lips or bleeding.

WEEK 7 (October 9th)

• Everything is fine
  • Spots are staying for longer though
  • The 1 or 2 spots that i do get are less agressive
  • Body is functioning fine
  • Mood is fine
  • No nosebleeds this week
  • But i can fee a flu coming

msnboy, Im currently trying to get roaccutane too, Can you give me some advise ready for when I goto the hosptial?

My doctor just wudnt even bother to phone the NHS unless i got refered to by some1 else, so i got a form from a derm and then went back to a different doctor(same surgery) and she said she will contact the NHS and said I will get a letter soon with a apointment n stuff, So far no letter has come 3 weeks later, F*@KING BULL S*[email protected]

I tried the same thing you did when you went to you same doctors but saw a different person, It didnt work for me unluckily

Edit - And my doctor better ave not ripped up my derm letter otherwise she better be ready for a mouthfull of abuse

Edit - and btw I mostly want t for my blackheads, there all over the gaffff