Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheefa

I can only keep trying to help guys

I totally agree with skmrprsn!!!

What you have is very rare side effect, and not everyone experience it. Can you provide us the scientifically proven statistics /results about the long term side effect??

You are trying to make other feel negative about Accutane results without any scientifically legitimate proof. There is NO scientific report about the Accutane long term side effect.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience, BUT it is not fair to scare people like that..

I believe people should take Accutane with their derm, and not illegally(such as buy online). It is very important to check blood every months to avoid any health issue.

Everyone reacts differently with the drug, like any other drugs. But I am sure that many people are very happy with their Accutane results.

Dude you have no idea. Litraly NONE.

My dermatologist is the top derm in the UK. He has been prescribing this shit since it came out. Now he rarely uses it and preffers to use the N-lite laser which he trialed many years back.

However he told me that 10% yes TEN PERCENT of his accutane patients ended up with LONG TERM-CHRONIC side effects.

one in ten is not rare.

You guys seem to think the chance of getting long term chronic sides is the same likelyhood as winning the lotto. You are highly mistaken. When you suffer from these sides and do the research, that is when your eyes will open up to this shit. Until then unfortunately you have no ideaunless you listen to us and take our word for it.

You have a much greater chance of getting long term sides than you will be lead to believe from the roche pamflette. But why is that even surprising?

If you are like me, you will look at the pamflette and think, oh i could handle long term dry skin. Or oh i could handle long term dry eyes. oh a bit of hairloss isn't so bad.

Try having all these side effects at once plus numerous others. I don't see the side effect of "chronically crippled" being on the pamflette because that is often what i feel like these days. Sure a number of my sides are purely cosmetic. But try having eyes that burn and sting all day long and a face that physically hurts when it flushes red, plus joints which are begining to crack and ache (i know where that will end up eventually)

This shit aint funny guys.

Extreme arthirits or that's what it feels like at 25 years old? That's what you are happy to trade your acne in for? I don't care if I scare the living hell out of people until they cry at night, whether on or off the drug. Just take a look at my damn posts as GregasGP (my previous username) where I was so happy on tane and off it for a while - now look at me. You guys really have no idea until it hits you later down the line.

As for scientific proof - GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK YOU EGIT. I've posted the link to the Accutane Survivors forum many a time, check the scientific studies board there with thousands of cases of retonoid related problems and then come back here. These are all PROVEN studies. Just look at Dan's history of treatment FFS - even he said that his joints don't 'feel the same' since accutane and he has now had to quit softball.

It's not rare. It's not uncommon. It's not an easy thing to live with - there are so many side effects.

GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD that these can happen YEARS down the line which again many 'survivors' can testify to.

You guys still don't provide us any scientific proof about it. Please show us, anyone?

People who are considering taking Accutane&taking Accutane, they have struggled a lot in their life with acne. They tried so many products and spend money to make their skin better. Acne affects on people's life emotionally and physically. Some people just don't want to live any more because of their painful acne.

So, they are taking Accutane as their last resort, and they aware of the side effects that Accutane will bring. Also, they check their blood every month with their derm to avoid any health issue.

For the long term effects, it is very rare and it is not proved scientifically.

You don't have to start preaching people without providing us any scientifically legitimate proof.

,because it is our choice to take or not to take Accutane.

Like I said, many people are very happy and pleased with their Accutane results. So don't ignore the fact Accutane helps millions of people's life.

To hate Accutane or not, it is your choice to do so. But to scare people like that WITHOUT ANY SCIENTIFIC PROOF is totally unacceptable!

That is all I am saying here :) I am sorry to hear your story though.

sheefa is just trying to tell us what he went through! this site is supposed to be about support, not about telling people to shut up. just because you don't want to hear that accutane could possibly have such serious consequences doesn't mean you have to flip out about his post! don't read it if you don't agree what he's saying. he's just trying to tell us HIS accutane experience & HIS opinions about it. he understands why people decide to go on accutane & he's not telling us NOT to go on it or scare us away from it.

everyone on here has the belief that accutane is a life safer & godsend (yes i'm guilty as well in a way) & whenever certain people hear anything different, they seem to get really defensive. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sheefa- thanks for sharing! i'm glad i read your post. i myself understand the risks involved w/ accutane & decided to take it anyway (and i'm sure you can understand my decision!). but- i sympathize with what you're going through & hope you find some answers soon!

Read everything here....then shut up asking for evidence

http://max001.proboards42.com/index.cgi

look wat someone wrote on there LOL:

:'(My daughter referred me to your site last night. I think the information on this site is horrific. It has left my daughter at age 29 feeling hopeless, distraught and the fear that she has no future. I am trying to help her out of her depression by asking her NOT to read your website. I think the information here is horrible. My daughter was 16 when she took Accutuane. She did have some suicidal gesters and made a suicide attempt, but I do not think it was related to Accutane. There were many other things going on at the time. Where do you get all your facts? Why inspire such hopelessness? What kind of hope are you giving our youth and young adults? A guarantee that they'll have Alzheimers? Degenerative diseases? How is that supposed to make them feel that they will succeed?

I hate this website. I hope my daughter never sees it again.

Distressed mother

i do think that website goes over the top with some of those side effects...and notice its the same guy posting everything (Max).

sheefa is just trying to tell us what he went through! this site is supposed to be about support, not about telling people to shut up. just because you don't want to hear that accutane could possibly have such serious consequences doesn't mean you have to flip out about his post! don't read it if you don't agree what he's saying. he's just trying to tell us HIS accutane experience & HIS opinions about it. he understands why people decide to go on accutane & he's not telling us NOT to go on it or scare us away from it.

everyone on here has the belief that accutane is a life safer & godsend (yes i'm guilty as well in a way) & whenever certain people hear anything different, they seem to get really defensive. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

sheefa- thanks for sharing! i'm glad i read your post. i myself understand the risks involved w/ accutane & decided to take it anyway (and i'm sure you can understand my decision!). but- i sympathize with what you're going through & hope you find some answers soon!

Yes, I totally understand where Sheefa comes from. I feel sorry for what he has been through.

All I want to say is that, to take Accutane or not is people's choice, and no need to scar people about the long term effect that is not proven scientifically. Also it is very rare case. I know a lot of people who took Accutane, and they are so happy about themselves.

Any kind of drugs have side effects. Everyone reacts differently to drugs. I just don't want people to think that Accutane is killing people. Because Accutane is saving a lot of people's life emotionally and physically..

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I am here to improve my skin :nod:

I really sorry to hear about Sheefa's story. I have read a lot of negative story about Accutane myself, and I was so against the drug before. But I decided to take it last April and my life has been so great since then :). I am a happy person and I am so happy that I am taking it. My derm is sweet and he is an expert of Accutane patients, also :)

I hope Sheefa will get better as soon as possible, and wish his best luck!!! :pray:

Read everything here....then shut up asking for evidence

http://max001.proboards42.com/index.cgi

look wat someone wrote on there LOL:

:'(My daughter referred me to your site last night. I think the information on this site is horrific. It has left my daughter at age 29 feeling hopeless, distraught and the fear that she has no future. I am trying to help her out of her depression by asking her NOT to read your website. I think the information here is horrible. My daughter was 16 when she took Accutuane. She did have some suicidal gesters and made a suicide attempt, but I do not think it was related to Accutane. There were many other things going on at the time. Where do you get all your facts? Why inspire such hopelessness? What kind of hope are you giving our youth and young adults? A guarantee that they'll have Alzheimers? Degenerative diseases? How is that supposed to make them feel that they will succeed?

I hate this website. I hope my daughter never sees it again.

Distressed mother

i do think that website goes over the top with some of those side effects...and notice its the same guy posting everything (Max).

Yeah it is the same guy posting because he has put the site together for people who don't believe or people who want to know more about the long term effects.

All the articles can be found on pubmed etc they are official medical journals. He just compiled them!!

It also isn't over the top. I have half of those side effects and will likely develope more as i age.

Yeah it is the same guy posting because he has put the site together for people who don't believe or people who want to know more about the long term effects.

All the articles can be found on pubmed etc they are official medical journals. He just compiled them!!

It also isn't over the top. I have half of those side effects and will likely develope more as i age.

Did you..?

whats funny is you dont even know for sure if accutane caused it. once you find that out, cowboy, come back and preach. i dont think lamarr has any idea what he is talking about. i dont see an MD next your name or anything proving you know anything more than reading forums about people experiencing long term side effects.

message to anyone who wants to take accutane: talk to your doctor about the side effects, dont listen to two uneducated people on an acne forum.

whats funny is you dont even know for sure if accutane caused it. once you find that out, cowboy, come back and preach. i dont think lamarr has any idea what he is talking about. i dont see an MD next your name or anything proving you know anything more than reading forums about people experiencing long term side effects.

message to anyone who wants to take accutane: talk to your doctor about the side effects, dont listen to two uneducated people on an acne forum.

I agree with you, to talk to your doctor is the best choice to anyone :nod:

To Sheefa, hope you will get better soon.

I appreciate that Sheefa posted his experience. How is any kind cautionary information negative? I don't know about you guys, but I come onto these forums to hear about other people's experiences during and after their Accutane courses. If there's the slightest chance of me getting these side effects, I want to know. Accutane is not a light drug and should never be treated as such. Thanks again, Sheefa.

I used to enjoy coming to this site to check out the threads and keep informed - but now i've become scared to even check here anymore. I was supposed to go out to a party tonight but I ended up checking this thread before I left and it totally just killed my mood - I'll probably just go to bed early. Threads like this remind me of how much life sucks. I think I have an idea of what it feels like for cancer patients - to be backed into a corner. I mean I can live with my moderate, widespread, inflamed and painful acne - avoiding girls, looking people in the eye, mirrors...pretty much not having a social life- or take accutane and risk fucking my life up. And then you get the people who tell you looks don't matter and ya da ya da but why is that all the people with clear skin are always so much more genuinely happy. I've tried to be strong over the years while dealing with this condition but you eventually reach a point where it just doesn't make any sense to carry on. I'm on my fifth and final month of accutane - 40 mg/day- and it really has been great in terms of my acne. I haven't thought about my skin in ages and it finally looks pretty good. I'm more confident. But now all I can think about is if things are going to turn really bad down the road with long term side effects. I mean I have a college education to pay for.

Bottom line if I didn't take accutane theres really no doubt in my mind I would have ended it. I mean I thought about it all the time. And now if things go south with this theres probably a good chance I'll end it as well.

Sorry for the above - this really belongs in that emotional/psychological forum but w/e.

Here's to the good life I'll never see

99% of the doctors you go to know less about the drug than me. Don't care if you believe that or not. Once your acne is gone they kick you out the door.

My knowledge comes from the top experts and what i have learn't from dealing with these side effects over the past few years.

Be ignorant if you wish, good luck with your vitamin A overdose/poisening.

Thanks everyone, especially Sophiena and Deadbeat who at least appreciate where I'm coming from. Thanks for the well wishes too.

MC428 - Mate, don't stress about any of that now. If you've got clear skin and finish your course soon you might be absolutely fine. As I said, I was an unlucky 'statistic' but even so a person who has suffered at that. Hence, I'm just trying to ask people to weigh up both sides of the coin.

I can tell you all now I was extremely fit and healthy and was really in my best shape ever after accutane. It just caught up with me a year down the line. I'm NOT saying this WILL happen to EVERYONE, but I just hope people explore and exhaust ALL avenues of treatment before tane. I know how depressing acne is, god I was damn close to suicide because of it. But there's a BIG difference between emotional pain (acne) and physical and emotional and physcological pain (arthritis, chronic pain).

Anyway, good luck to all and I understand why you wish to take or continue with Accutane. It brought me out of a very dark place into a new world of hope, but sadly for me it just wasn't to last.

Best wishes guys and please can we just post amicably on the forum.

Greg

lamarr, judging by your name you were born in 86...that makes you, what, 22 years old? yeah ill trust you sure.

please tell me what "top experts" you have talked to. bc the links you are providing are from extremely biased sources.

maybe your derm kicks you out...i dont think a family member (who happens to be a derm) is going to lie to me and put me on something that will ruin my body for the rest of my life.

how naive of you to say you know more than doctors....i think its time you get a reality check. a lot of doctors have gone to school for as long as you have been alive....im sure you know more about them. haha. get over yourself.

lamarr, judging by your name you were born in 86...that makes you, what, 22 years old? yeah ill trust you sure.

please tell me what "top experts" you have talked to. bc the links you are providing are from extremely biased sources.

maybe your derm kicks you out...i dont think a family member (who happens to be a derm) is going to lie to me and put me on something that will ruin my body for the rest of my life.

how naive of you to say you know more than doctors....i think its time you get a reality check. a lot of doctors have gone to school for as long as you have been alive....im sure you know more about them. haha. get over yourself.

The main expert i see every few months is Dr Tony Chu. I have spent 2 years researching into accutane and i don't know of any doctors who have been in school for 22 years. I doubt any doctor or dermatologist has the time to do as much research as i have into the drug.

I have a grandad who has been a doctor almost three times as long as i have been alive, and has an MBE from the queen. I didn't know this was a competition? He recommended i didn't take accutane.

Anyway enjoy your vitamin A overdose.

lol it is true..., i don't think lammrr1986 knows better than doctors though...they have education, and they are expert.

i just don't know what lammer trying to do here..scare people..?...if he is very serious, and wants to make the big deal on acutane, he can go somewhere like doctor's conference or something to prove his points...he can do it if he is so smart as he claims...what ammrr1986 is saying doesnt make sense to me...

you know.., every kind of drugs has pros and cons...even though sleeping pills..

recently one of my father's best friend died..because of overdosed of sleeping pills.. the friend were suffering sleeping problem for while, and he kept increasing his dosage, finally last month, he died with overdose...my father was crying so hard..well, he rarely cries..and it hurts me to see him like that...

anyway..i am so depressed..because of my scars..i have never taken accutane in my life, and now i ended up having a lot of small indent scars on my face..and they are making me feel so sad...i wish i know accutane long time ago...i regret what i have done to my skin...

i see a lot of people with a good results from accutane, but i feel like i am too late to realize...

please take a look at my pictures and let me know if you have any suggestions about my scars...please please help...

I think we just need to clarify a few things here:

1. Accutane is not 'like' any other prescription drug. It is rated as the 3rd most dangerous by the FDA and in both the UK and USA there are extremely tight regulations surrounding its use. The side effects are far more serious and unlike the majority of all other drugs, these can be permanant.

2. There are numerous scientific studies about the use of retonoids and their impact on the body, albeit often in animals, but there are many human studies too. Many of the side effects are slowly being documented.

3. The drug has only been in the market for 20 years. I work for an insurer and we offer clinical trials and product liability cover and guess what, a drug is not deemed save until it has been through at least two generations of use, so roughly 50-60 years. NOBODY understands the full nature and mechanism of accutane yet. I wish I had done more research before I took this drug. Even Roche do not know exactly how it alters our body tissues and functions and if they do, they are certainly not making it public knowledge which is a concern in its own right.

4. Many of the side-effects of this drug can be permanant, long-term irreversible ones.

5. I regret taking it as it has had a massive negative impact on nearly all aspects of my life, even if I did feel a million bucks for the first year and a hlaf whilst no side effects hit me.

6. MOST IMPORTANT POINT: Do not believe that just because you aren't having any major side effects whilst on the drug (I certainly didn't) or haven't had any yet a few months or a year after it (again I didn't until a year later) that they aren't going to hit you later down the line. As I said, nobody knows the mechanism of accutane and many post-tane users are experiencing problems now. Many will dispute this being down to accutane, but guess what, nobody can prove otherwise either and the amounting scientific evidence does prove that this is a VERY VERY powerful and potentially life altering drug........and not necessarily life altering for the better.

Greg

Yes, I totally understand where Sheefa comes from. I feel sorry for what he has been through.

All I want to say is that, to take Accutane or not is people's choice, and no need to scar people about the long term effect that is not proven scientifically. Also it is very rare case. I know a lot of people who took Accutane, and they are so happy about themselves.

Any kind of drugs have side effects. Everyone reacts differently to drugs. I just don't want people to think that Accutane is killing people. Because Accutane is saving a lot of people's life emotionally and physically..

I really sorry to hear about Sheefa's story. I have read a lot of negative story about Accutane myself, and I was so against the drug before. But I decided to take it last April and my life has been so great since then :). I am a happy person and I am so happy that I am taking it. My derm is sweet and he is an expert of Accutane patients, also :)

I hope Sheefa will get better as soon as possible, and wish his best luck!!! :pray:

You said it yourself... You just recently took Accutane- it will be very interesting to hear from you 10 years down the line. I guarantee that you will have a side-effect... and you will not be happy about it. It will affect your life negatively just as the acne has. At that point you can decide if it was worth it. 10 years after the fact I developed chronic dry-eye, which doesn't sound all that bad unless you have experienced it first hand. Perhaps you should be a little more open to Greg trying to help others on this site.

You said it yourself... You just recently took Accutane- it will be very interesting to hear from you 10 years down the line. I guarantee that you will have a side-effect... and you will not be happy about it. It will affect your life negatively just as the acne has. At that point you can decide if it was worth it. 10 years after the fact I developed chronic dry-eye, which doesn't sound all that bad unless you have experienced it first hand. Perhaps you should be a little more open to Greg trying to help others on this site.

Of course this absolutely HAS to be because of Accutane. :whistle:

Of course this absolutely HAS to be because of Accutane. :whistle:

Bla, bla, visit another thread or come back in 1-2 years time and let us know how you're getting on.