Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rapidfire7

Feeling So So Low :(. Will it ever end

Hi guys,

I'm just at an incredibly low point right now.. sometimes I feel like i don't want to go on.

after suffering with pretty bad acne since I was about 14 until now (24) I finally went on Accutane and was pretty certain that very soon my ance would be nothing more than a horrible memory.

It seems it works so well for so many other people but it has been doin a mediocre job with me.

I was on Accutane for 6 months

40 mg a day for month 1.....60 mg a day for months 2-6

I was told the minimum cumulative dose should be 120mg per kg of body weight.

I weigh 75 kg so my cumulative dose should be 75 x 120mg = 9000mg

I actually ended uphad 9600mg in total.

At the end of this time I was clear but, I had not been clear for long at all.

I was hoping that when I got off my skin would continue to improve but it did the exact opposite.

Within days of coming off I began breaking out pretty badly again, and a week later I looked bad! I called my derm and have started taking a couple more boxes but I'm still regularly waking up with small zits here and there.

I mean I know Acne often comes back a few months or so after a course is finished, but why the f*ck has it pretty much come back pretty much instantly? I took the right dose! Has this happened to anyone else? I just feel helpless.

I work in a professional environment & it's just so humiliating having this problem being a 24 year old guy!

I'm taking another 2400mg which is 80mg a day for 30 days (2 boxes). This will take me well over what my cumulative dose should be. I just don't know what I'm going to do if this doesn't work

Thanks for listening any advice or words of encouragement would be incredibly appreciated.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your hardship and your acne problem. I am now 31 and have had acne since I was 14 also. Mine isn't as severe as what yours sounds but still extremely annoying and embarrassing all the same. I was just wondering if you have heard of SensiClear. It's a new product that is being endorsed by the Janice Dickenson Modelling agency. I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now and so far I have to say I am impressed. I have noticed a huge difference in my skin and my acne is almost gone. They have a 30 day free trial on at the moment so this might be something worth trying. The website is the product name.com. Wasn't sure if links are allowed on the forum.

Let me know how you get on.

Amanda

I heard about Sensiclear but we cant get it in Australia...Im thinking is just like Acnefree or Proactiv....do those products really work? I have tried them and have to say they are a waste of money and time....

I am 27, almost 28, so I hear ya and know how you feel buddy....hang in there okay?

Trent

www.freewebs.com/tpdu/

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your hardship and your acne problem. I am now 31 and have had acne since I was 14 also. Mine isn't as severe as what yours sounds but still extremely annoying and embarrassing all the same. I was just wondering if you have heard of SensiClear. It's a new product that is being endorsed by the Janice Dickenson Modelling agency. I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now and so far I have to say I am impressed. I have noticed a huge difference in my skin and my acne is almost gone. They have a 30 day free trial on at the moment so this might be something worth trying. The website is the product name.com. Wasn't sure if links are allowed on the forum.

Let me know how you get on.

Amanda

spam alot

i know what you think man. its sick, i am so utterly gutted by my acne... i am 28 now and i never had acne at all until 6 months ago. i actually got this shit litterally overnight.... and i cant shift the red marks! its so utterly ridiculous! i had an incredible life at the start of this year. now its all gone! thats what i thought...

a few months back i was gutted so much i went to the hospital to see a derm. within 10 minutes i had 6 months supply of accutane in my hand. i havent used it yet becasue i am too chicken shit to do so.

instead i decided to try and be real positive and ignore my acne and not take accutane. i am convinced that as long as i can keep my face as oil free as possible, the rest will follow. i have a strict routine, no dairy, no caffiene, no alcohol (during the week!)

i work in corporate sales here in the UK surrounded by very attractive young professionals. i know what you mean. everyone around is clear and ur not. it stinks. even if i wear a £1000 suit i still look like shit at work! but now i just ignore it.

i started feeling alot better about myself just through mentally ignoring the problem. i went out last month to a club and got chatting to a fit girl who i randomly met. i was so concious of my acne that i almost bottled it.... but i ignored it and after about 30 minutes i asked for her number and i have since been out on a few dates with her and its going well!

my point is that i acted as if i was normal and she treat me like i was normal. also, im not sure if your a guy or a girl but having a partner to take out on dates and out for dinner enriches your life so much that stuff like acne starts to become immeterial. instead of trying to medicate it with chemicals i am trying to use a different approach. trying to enrich other areas of my life has helped me so much, and it puts stuff into perspective. it can be women, cars, football, anything! just get stuck into something that puts the wind in your sails and acne will be a distant memory

i still get a break outs and find myself looking at the bag of accutane in my bedroom... i guess only time will tell

dont let this get to you, i know exactly what you mean, sometimes i get upset, sometimes i dont, other times i just get very drunk!

you will find peace from this one day.

good luck!

Oh my goodness, I so feel for you as I too thought my struggle with acne would never end- especially when I had spent so much time and money trying EVERYTHING that was being sold/promoted.

I can say hand on heart that your acne WILL get better. I spent years hating every social occasion and myself but find the strength within and know that your body is hormonally unbalanced at the moment and that is why it is causing your acne- and no topical solution/pill will sort this permanently.

I would suggest start off- before you spend any money on any more products is getting the free tips from *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

and then looking into what they say about what needs to be balanced in your body to make your acne go for good.

Hang in there, it will get better, just persevere, find out the cause and address it naturally - you'll need to change your lifestyle- take exercise etc- but I promise you it will all be for the better. I felt as low as you did and my heart goes out to- I will pray that your body finds the balance it needs and that you realise you are wonderful and that your acne will go. Like I said start with the free tips from sovereignskin.com and see where that takes you.

From your acne sister who begs you not to give up hope or forget that you are a wonderful, amazing person! xxx

please read my post, and look into taking acidophilus/BIFIDUS supplements, the lack of GOOD bacteria in you is most likely causing your acne, due to toxin build up in the gut from certain foods.

Please also try and avoid MILK products, including cheeses, these stuff are pasteurised with added chemicals. the proper nutrients in these milks are killed and they are needed to properly digest milk, if possible look for RAW MILK, and stick with it.

don't worry there's hope.

Please don't give up! I was at my lowest a few days ago too and found sweet sweet salvation in a simple product. Keep forging along and don't give up hope! YOU CAN and WILL have clear skin!

HWK<3

aw :( I think that when accutane really doesn't work like that it means that you have an underlying problem that is causing your acne that accutane can't fix...are you really stressed out? Maybe it would be worthwhile to test yourself for food allergies? For me personally (and EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT)...cutting out dairy + good topicals + stress relieving activities (I work out almost every day, take bubble baths once or twice a week, try to meditate when I remember, get enough sleep), seems to work...feel free to check out my log in the diet/holistic section (it's long, as it's been a long journey for me!) You can also get some other inspiration in this forum. In my humble opinion, some people go kind of overboard with really strict diets which I personally don't believe is necessary (but if it works it works I suppose)...anyway don't despair, you'll figure it out. If you have good insurance I would start by getting tested for allergies (esp. food allergies, dairy, wheat etc) and also getting your hormone levels checked. good luck!