Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gkj5000

going on a second cycle (hopefully)

ok so this time last year almost to the day i started taking accutane (claravis 30mg). i took it for about 2 1/2 months and then (well now in retrospect i can say stupidly) stopped because i was tired of the side effects and my skin was clear. and it stayed clear til about this past may. allll summer long i've had skin problems. so i want to do another cycle of accutane and really stick it out this time. will they let me or do i have to wait a certain amount of time in between cycles?? i have an appointment next wednesday. my dermatologist is this crotchety old man with leathery skin but hey i have a bad HMO.

ahh i really hope they dont make me wait, i just want to get it over with :( i miss the beautiful skin i had jan-may.

I don't think you have to wait between Accutane sessions - you should be able to go right on to your next course, if your derm prescribes it. Good luck!

I did exactly the same thing lol (20mg a day) and 6 months later my skin turned to shite again. I never actually finished my original 6 month course which is prolly why my skin retaliated, have just started again so fingers crossed it works!

I think with low dose it tends to be a long drawn out process (at least 4 months of treatment) maybe even 6-8 months so the overall dose is high enough.

thanks for the quick responses! i know its like my skin is angry with me now for not going through the full cycle the first time. i'll just have to keep reminding myself and looking at pictures of how great my skin looked to get through the months of dry skin and achy joints soon to come :) good luck to you too moosie! stick it out, we know its worth it in the end