Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At my last appointment, my naturalpath pointed out that I'm not doing anything to help heal my skin from acne...which may be why my red marks are taking so long to fade. She suggested calendula (from the calendula plant) since apparently its amazing at healing skin injuries and can even help get rid of scars. Its usually found in diaper rash creams, but I found a baby calendula skin lotion. Its really rich and I was worried it would make me break out. So I tried it on my bacne red spots for about 3 weeks. (applied at night ever day) My marks faded considerably and don't look nearly as inflammed. It didn't make my back break out...actually I think it might have prevented new pimples from popping up.

I'm going to try it on my face now. I've got some red marks from months and months ago that don't seem to want to fade. I'm very optimistic though. I got the lotion at a health food store. You can get pure calendula oil, but I think the lotion also has camomile and vitamin E in it which may have helped as well. Has anyone else tried calendula?

At my last appointment, my naturalpath pointed out that I'm not doing anything to help heal my skin from acne...which may be why my red marks are taking so long to fade. She suggested calendula (from the calendula plant) since apparently its amazing at healing skin injuries and can even help get rid of scars. Its usually found in diaper rash creams, but I found a baby calendula skin lotion. Its really rich and I was worried it would make me break out. So I tried it on my bacne red spots for about 3 weeks. (applied at night ever day) My marks faded considerably and don't look nearly as inflammed. It didn't make my back break out...actually I think it might have prevented new pimples from popping up.

I'm going to try it on my face now. I've got some red marks from months and months ago that don't seem to want to fade. I'm very optimistic though. I got the lotion at a health food store. You can get pure calendula oil, but I think the lotion also has camomile and vitamin E in it which may have helped as well. Has anyone else tried calendula?

hmm that's interesting...I had heard of calendula being good for active acne, but not for the marks. Not to be negative, but i have to add in the possibility that in 3 weeks time your marks might have healed themselves...I know for me there is a great variation in the time it takes for the marks to go away depending on how bad they were to begin with. I hope it continues to work well for you though, keep us updated!

calandula is fantastic. If you mean the Weleda calandula cream, i tried it and it's great..i need to get some more, they also make a wonderful calandula bar soap that is really really good. I need to buy that again too...i was using those things last summer and my skin was great