Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am curious to know the users who suffer from hypertrophic acne scaring and what they have done to get rid of or minimize the problem. I for one have a hypertrophic acne scar on my nose that use to be a pimple (I explain more about the problem on my blog) and uploaded pictures that dont seem to be up yet for those to see. But my personal goal on this site is to raise awareness on hypertrophic scaring, a subject even dermatologists seem to ignore. Not many people understand it, let alone know what to do about it. So I would just like to know if anyone suffers from this problem, and if so, please post about your problem and perhaps even the solutions you've constructed thus far. thanks.

Hypertrophic scarring is the bane of my existence. The problem with hypertrophic scarring (or blessing depending on your camp) is that most people with facial scarring do not seem to get it. The nose seems to be the most common site of facial hypertrophic scarring. It is usually the most common form of scarring from injuries, which is an "acceptable" form of scarring for the general population.

I have extensive hypertrophic scarring due to cystic acne on my back and chest. I've tried lasers (vbeam/fraxel), TCA, creams, silicone pads, and cortisone injections with little improvement. The injections help to flatten, but most have raised back up to some degree and they do little to make the skin flush with other skin. Lasers seemed unhelpful.

I have seen improvement in the past year, but I can't really say whether that's just due to time, my attempts at improvement, youth, vitamin supplements, or a combination of all of the above.

I am most interested in trying out dermabrasion. I think this could help with at least giving me a consistent (albeit abnormal) texture, as opposed to the random and obvious signs of acne scarring that I now suffer. The plus side to having it on my body and the severe case that it represents is that I'm not looking for perfection and I'm willing to take more extreme measures (since downtime and risks aren't as great of factors). If anyone has anything that has helped regulate textures, let us know. I don't care about discoloration.

I dont know if I have hypertrophic scarring but I definately have keloid scarring and I think they are similar?

I have a bunch of keloid scars on my jawline, they are bunched up together and basically look like a bunch of cysts. They are pretty ugly but Ive accepted that there isnt much I can do about it

I've had this kind of scarring on my chin for a year and a half or so now. It wasn't devastating to begin with, its only now that I think or imagine that it's gotten worse or feel self-conscious about it. Lately I've gotten acne in the area too, and this happened after the dermatologist gave me some awful cream to put on it, I don't think he knew an awful lot. So I stopped going to him and now I'm using tea tree oil on the area. The acne is almost gone but the scars are still there.

I read your post about the vinegar method, it sounds interesting, I might try it. Thank you, and I wish more people would talk about this kind of scarring, the sources I've tried are very discouraging so far.