Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello people,

I'm new to this forum and website and I'm really liking it! I wish I should have been here sooner.

My acne has gotten better however I have so MANY red marks on my face that it makes me look INSANE!

I actually think my acne is mild now because I probably only have a couple of pimples and they are small.

The problem is, I think I have the worst red marked face on the face of the planet. I thought it was scars but now I know what it's called now. I'm only 14 years of age and i'm turning 15 pretty soon. My acne was mild then suddenly became severe then it went back to mild with the red marks all over my face.

I really don't want to wait 2 years for it too heal! I want to try some home remedies or some over the counter products that actually work. I have a whole crap load of acne products that didn't even work... what a waste. I actually just went to the family doctor not too long ago (2 weeks or so) and they prescribed me in Clindamycin Phosphate 1% and Apo-Minocycline. I'm sure they work. But i'm hoping to remove these red marks THAN the pimples themselves!

I really don't know more about the red marks, but I can say these red marks seem worse than pimples themselves... the way it affected my social life. I'm male so I don't use make-up nor do I want to :P

Thank you in advance for your help!

What I'm doing is using a 30% glycolic acid peel once a week for about 2 to 3 minutes. But before you think about doing this, make sure you do some research on chemical peels. I also hear apple cider vinegar helps, which I am also using, but results are slow... Slowly but surely the outer skin comes off, and makes the red marks lighter and lighter. You can also see a derm, they know what's best for you. Just express your concerns, and I'm sure that they'll be glad to help

Best of luck!

I looked online and found this Neutrogena Advanced Solutionsâ„¢ Acne Mark Fading Peel

and I don't know if this is the right type of product or if it works. Any idea?

Thanks! I'll try the 30% glycolic acid peel, but where do you buy that?

i use the neutrogena fading peel every other night- i also use the other neutrogena peel- advanced solutions- on alternating nights. leave em on until they start peeling off themselves.. wash em off and slather with bp. its been working to help fade my marks a lot and keep pimples away!

baking soda mask

would that be ok to use while on accutane or would it be too intense?

Also what is the (brief) science behind it?

baking soda mask

would that be ok to use while on accutane or would it be too intense?

Also what is the (brief) science behind it?

Baking Soda would be to intense for it as it will dry out your skin even more! My mom ordered this product for her self that's formulated AHA 8% + BHA wash. I've been using it on my skin and it seems to not affect me any way while I'm Accutane and it reduced my red marks a lot.

http://www.30glycolic.com/mintdailykit.shtml

Cheers I'll look into it. Although I might try the baking soda mask on a very small area of my face (perhaps the temple?)

Doesn't the baking soda affect the pH level of your skin?

And prolong usage is bad for the skin?

BTW JabbaTheHut my situation is somewhat similar to yours. My red marks are pretty severe but I have little to no breakouts now. My red marks makes me look like I have severe acne.

BTW JabbaTheHut my situation is somewhat similar to yours. My red marks are pretty severe but I have little to no breakouts now. My red marks makes me look like I have severe acne.

Sam here, especially when it gets hot my marks get a lot redder. Also when I drink they look really bad. Weird thing is they have been on my face for nearly 2 years. They've faded a lot but are still noticable as fuck

Sam here, especially when it gets hot my marks get a lot redder. Also when I drink they look really bad. Weird thing is they have been on my face for nearly 2 years. They've faded a lot but are still noticable as fuck

Yeah I agree. For me, it just gets redder whenever I wash my face or so. And the sunlight just makes it more noticeable. I got stuck with Acne... now inflammation.

WHY CAN'T LIFE BE EASIER!

A cure would be perfect. But waiting for months or years to see huge improvements, oh please.

But whenever I try to talk to people I generally look downwards and people just keep on saying "Why do you keep looking down?" It really pisses me off because they really don't know how irritating these marks are especially when people are looking at them.

There has never been a time that I have not looked straight into a person's face without thinking about my face. These has definitely lowered my self-esteem and prevented me from taking pictures with family and friends :(

Hey. I know your pain :)

My forehead was covered in dark redmarks that were almost a purplish color they were so dark. Then, I found apple cidar vinegar. I'm not exactly sure when I started using it, but it has to have been for at least 2 months. It's <u>amazing</u>.

I don't do any measuring for diluting it, but I usually do about half water half apple cider vinegar. Then I take a cotton ball and saturate it with the ACV. You can also drink it, but let me warn you, the taste is nasty. I can only do it when I'm really depressed about my acne and I'm determined to make it better lol. If I drink it I dilute it BIG time with water or happy juice and I warm it up and then put honey in it. Even then, it tastes so nasty, but it definitely improves the red marks!

My forehead was covered in dark redmarks that were almost a purplish color they were so dark. Then, I found apple cidar vinegar. I'm not exactly sure when I started using it, but it has to have been for at least 2 months. It's <u>amazing</u>.

I don't do any measuring for diluting it, but I usually do about half water half apple cider vinegar. Then I take a cotton ball and saturate it with the ACV. You can also drink it, but let me warn you, the taste is nasty. I can only do it when I'm really depressed about my acne and I'm determined to make it better lol. If I drink it I dilute it BIG time with water or happy juice and I warm it up and then put honey in it. Even then, it tastes so nasty, but it definitely improves the red marks!

I will try that for sure =)

I bought Tea Tree Oil and i've used it for no less than a week, and I can already see results. I can't believe how much it has helped removing some of my red marks. It may be quite expensive for one, but I can say it's WORTH it.

Haha yeah it does taste pretty nasty, stinks aswell. Happy juice sounds pretty tasty though lol.

I meant apple juice. Haha. I was obviously thinking about being happy, and I ended up putting it instead of apple lol.

Anyways, about the ACV, i love the smell. Who knows why lol. But i dispise the taste. Haha.