Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Everyone!

Im looking for a good make-up remover that will take EVERYTHING off. Eye make-up and foundation. I was using a Clinique one that worked wonders, but it was pricey. So im looking for something that is cheap in price and works good. Got any suggestions?

Thanks!

i use mac's cleanse off oil. it's awesome, but i don't know if it's any cheaper than clinique.

i tried baby oil, and it does take off make-up, but i didn't like the film it left behind. maybe i just wasn't doing it right...... cleansing oils emulsify with water and wash away clean.

i'm finding that wipes are awesome too, but the only ones i've used are mac. i don't like the waste that they create, but they're great when you're in a hurry (which i often am.)

I also use baby oil.

Here's what I do:

With a dry face, and dry hands, I pour a puddle of baby oil into the palm of my hand, and massage it into my face. And I mean massage it really well - eyes and all. It's made for BABIES, for Christ's sake, so don't worry, it's gentle.

Then I use one or two squirts of Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser, and massage that onto my face ON TOP of the baby oil. Then rinse several times, and your face should be spick and span.

And as for baby oil breaking you out: It will only break you out if you are sensitive to mineral oil, which is generally a SAFE ingredient for MOST people.

With a dry face, and dry hands, I pour a puddle of baby oil into the palm of my hand, and massage it into my face. And I mean massage it really well - eyes and all. It's made for BABIES, for Christ's sake, so don't worry, it's gentle.

Then I use one or two squirts of Cetaphil Normal to Oily Cleanser, and massage that onto my face ON TOP of the baby oil. Then rinse several times, and your face should be spick and span.

i might have to try this.... i still have baby oil left over. i never thought of mixing cleanser and massaging that all over your face. i just tried getting what i could off with a wash cloth (without being overly aggressive) and following with cleanser.

i might have to try this.... i still have baby oil left over. i never thought of mixing cleanser and massaging that all over your face. i just tried getting what i could off with a wash cloth (without being overly aggressive) and following with cleanser.

Yeah, it's a nice chain reaction:

Dirt/Makeup--Baby Oil--Cleanser--Water

It's like they're all holding hands and Water says, let's go down the drain!

Wow, I'm a chemistry nerd.

Yeah, it's a nice chain reaction:

Dirt/Makeup--Baby Oil--Cleanser--Water

It's like they're all holding hands and Water says, let's go down the drain!

Wow, I'm a chemistry nerd.

hahahahahaha! that's awesome. :) thanks for the help!

I use the cheap stuff from Walmart but I'm starting to think I should try something better. I just don't wanna pay a lot.