Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f a m o u s

why do we care about how we look??

ok , like i always wonder why people care about their appearence sooo much! like i can admit i care alot, but there is soo meany ppl who are so vein and only care about how they look, it bothers me:P liek i dont kno why we care in the 1st place? like woulsnt it be so much eaiser if we just didnt care?

I agree it would be so much easier but appearance is generally the first thing people notice about you and you know what they say about first impressions.

I admit i am 1 of those ppl...i am extrememly vain, but that's to do with my insecuritites. However i don't JUST care about my appearance, to me my personality is equally important so i wouldn't say i'm a mean person..

I agree it would be so much easier but appearance is generally the first thing people notice about you and you know what they say about first impressions.

yeaa like we all wear makeup and do our hair, it would be eaiser 2 be a guy :P lol

Wouldn't life be less complex? And wouldn't we live in ultimate happiness?

To me, my life COULD be perfect. But the way my skin looks and how pretty I am gets in the way of that perfect life. I'm smart, I have great friends, I like my family most of the time, but I hate how I look. I've completely changed as a person due to my acne, in some ways for the better and in others for the worse. But honeslty, life would be really good for me if appearance didn't mean a thing. Plus, I would save about 2 hours of my morning.

because when I was clear=pritty everyone liked me more,I could see people directly in the eye and letting all my charm do the rest,believe me it allways worked...and If I dont look normal= confident he even wont notice me:(,and if he doesnt notice me I will die from deppresion,if I die from deppresion I'll kill myself right away,AGAIN...Lol,I am very hormonal right now :rolleyes: and I am allmost clear :shifty:

Haha , life would be so much easier if nobody cared right? :).

I'll tell you why we care , because everyone with clear skin does care . We don't want to be any different then them (which we really aren't) so if the entire world , and mostly just social life highly revolves around looks and appearance than why should we not care? that wouldn't make sense for us to not want what everone else has.

That pretty much nails it xD

that's what she said.

I care about my appearance because it's the only thing people see. I am a very nice girl, but it's not like my personality is displayed on my face. I would love to be treated great because of who I am, but that is not how the world works. I have never been unattractive, but I definitely notice since I broke out that I've been getting less attention from guys, and as shallow as it sounds, it bugs me a lot.

Also, a body is like a temple, of course. Take care of yourself and your appearance, even just for yourself. Strangers don't matter, but if you're not happy with how you look, change it. Don't just stop giving a shit, hahaha.

ok , like i always wonder why people care about their appearence sooo much! like i can admit i care alot, but there is soo meany ppl who are so vein and only care about how they look, it bothers me:P liek i dont kno why we care in the 1st place? like woulsnt it be so much eaiser if we just didnt care?

i don't know why we care either. i always wonder why i'm attracted to certain people physically, but a lot of the times the attraction comes from how they speak, how they carry themselves, if we have the same sense of humor or not, etc, so it's not just about how they look.

i wish attraction could be turned on and off cuz it really gets in the way when you know that person isn't good for you.

lmao at the "because we wanna get laid" comment.