Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LilMissMoody

Do you ever put things off due to you skin?.....

Hey,

I just wondered how this affects anyone else?.................At the moment I REALLY want to leave my job, but have been putting off applying for others because I just dont think employers would take me seriously with skin like a teenager!

It isn't stupid. I go through the same thing everyday.

I have to struggle to get out of bed and go to class, or even to see my boyfriend.

I guess that the only way I ever leave my room is by telling myself that I have to and hoping that people wont care.

I hope you are able to look for a new job. I would hire you!

Thanks for you honest reply Purplepeople.

250208............I suppose its stupid that sometimes I dont even want to leave the house when my skin is bad, jees for a support network site some people on here are quite rude. Not just you, but I've seen it on other people posts. If your not as affected by this as the rest of us seem to be, why are you here?

250208............I suppose its stupid that sometimes I dont even want to leave the house when my skin is bad, jees for a support network site some people on here are quite rude. Not just you, but I've seen it on other people posts. If your not as affected by this as the rest of us seem to be, why are you here?

I can't believe I have to repeat this over and over, but here we go again. The problem with this board is that misery loves company, and people want other people to feel sorry for them as well. They need confirmation that it's ok to fuck up their lives because they don't look they way they wish they did. You thank other people for their honest answers? Trust me, I'm more honest than most people on here. It's not ok to flush your life down the fucking toilet. You don't have AIDS, cancer or a deformed face. You can read, talk and listen. You have two legs, two arms and you don't have to spend the rest of your life in a wheel chair. You didn't lose both your parents in a car accident when you were 12. What you have is red dots on your face.

You can choose to let those red dots ruin your life, you can choose to feel annoyed by them but still live a normal life, and you can choose to let them inspire you to become a better person regardless of your shortcomings. Read my signature. Your shortcomings become shortcomings when you make them your shortcomings.

You came on here for support and to share your misery, I gave you advice. Now go be depressed and fuck up your life, or take my advice and be a happy person. It's none of my fucking business.

in a way i kinda aggree with 250208 because thay are just red spots, but liek also i know exactly what u mean, cause like tehy amke ppl feel really self concious and its hard to have a high self esteem with acne. i kno that i felt self concious when i had acne (i just recently got rid of it).

Erm excuse me you have no idea about my life!...........I was just asking a question, I dont want people to feel 'sorry' for me nor to I want to make myself feel better by reading on other peoples misery. No I dont have aids, cancer or any illness and yes acne is trivial to these things, but the fact is acne trash some peoples lives..........Fact! I've read over and over on these boards that people have hidden themselves, refrained from relationships, looked at themselves with disqust................ect ect. Just because it is 'just acne' in your eyes, doesnt mean to say it cant really effect people emotionally.

Hey, in that case maybe this site is completely pointless and we should all just get over ourselves! Anyway I'm done with this bull!

Erm excuse me you have no idea about my life!...........I was just asking a question, I dont want people to feel 'sorry' for me nor to I want to make myself feel better by reading on other peoples misery. No I dont have aids, cancer or any illness and yes acne is trivial to these things, but the fact is acne trash some peoples lives..........Fact! I've read over and over on these boards that people have hidden themselves, refrained from relationships, looked at themselves with disqust................ect ect. Just because it is 'just acne' in your eyes, doesnt mean to say it cant really effect people emotionally.

Hey, in that case maybe this site is completely pointless and we should all just get over ourselves! Anyway I'm done with this bull!

I never said it didn't affect people emotionally, I said it didn't have to affect people emotionally. I've read just as many threads as you have about people whose lives were destroyed by acne, but truth to be told, those people let acne destroy their lives. This site is pointless if people come on here expecting nothing but "it will all be allright" and "I feel the same way" answers. And yes. Get over it and live a happy life. I'm done with this bull.

Back in the day I did. Now I regret being a girly guy. You will too OP. Don't let skin hold you back because time will kill you before your skin does.

At times it feels like my life is on hold.

But it is not. And the world won't stop to wait for me.

empowering point 250208

though we are not to be blamed for its preposterous invasion, i am the one at fault for giving acne the remote control to my life and permitting it to press "PAUSE"

waiting won't do any good. better to grab the mother fudging controller back where it belongs

I can't believe I have to repeat this over and over, but here we go again. The problem with this board is that misery loves company, and people want other people to feel sorry for them as well. They need confirmation that it's ok to fuck up their lives because they don't look they way they wish they did. You thank other people for their honest answers? Trust me, I'm more honest than most people on here. It's not ok to flush your life down the fucking toilet. You don't have AIDS, cancer or a deformed face. You can read, talk and listen. You have two legs, two arms and you don't have to spend the rest of your life in a wheel chair. You didn't lose both your parents in a car accident when you were 12. What you have is red dots on your face.

You can choose to let those red dots ruin your life, you can choose to feel annoyed by them but still live a normal life, and you can choose to let them inspire you to become a better person regardless of your shortcomings. Read my signature. Your shortcomings become shortcomings when you make them your shortcomings.

You came on here for support and to share your misery, I gave you advice. Now go be depressed and fuck up your life, or take my advice and be a happy person. It's none of my fucking business.

Reading your post reminds me of some of the advice I've gotten. It's easier said then done, not letting acne fuck up your life but I respect what you're saying. Bottom line is: strength and will power go a long way and if we can find it within ourselves then all the better. I'm guilty of ranting about shit like this myself and honeslty, a good slap in the face is what we need sometimes.

Well I have cancer and I still consider the damage it's done to me compared to acne minuscule. Comparing one thing to another is not helpful. Sure I have cancer, but there's always someone who has a more colossal cancer case than me so I am in fact better off than them, but does that help me at all? No, I still have a disease.

Well even if you have a disease ( cancer, acne, whatever...) there are basically 2 ways you can go about looking at it:

1) I realize that i do in fact have an incureable disease and sure, its depressing and blah blah blah, but i see that i am doing what i can to treat it, and i can go out and live my life without letting it bother me. I have only a certain time on this earth to live, and i'm going to live each second the best i can.

2) I am stuck with a disease. I realize that i may likely have it forever, and i focus all of my energy into wondering "Why me?" and "What can i do about it?". But the answer always comes back the same. It's not your fault that you have said disease, and you can do your best to treat it. But every day you wake up and look at yourself in the mirror, see new spots (for acne sufferers) and the whole process starts again.

I think the problem with alot of the people on this board is that they don't have the security in themselves to go out and do something regardless of if they have acne. And i know this is an acne support forum, and most of the time i try my best to help people here, but i think the best advice i can give you guys is to grow a pair of balls and go live your life. The acne will go away. But the time you spent in your house wondering if you should go out and have fun will never come back.

P.S I agree with 250208 100%

I actually laughed when I read 250208's post. Not because what was being said was funny, but I laughed about how all of us are freaking out about having red dots on our face. It makes us seem like we are blowing it all out of poportion, even though it's way more that red dots on our face.

Anyways, that didn't make too much sense but that's alright.

I'm sure employers would hire you, no matter the condition of your face.

Reading your post reminds me of some of the advice I've gotten. It's easier said then done, not letting acne fuck up your life but I respect what you're saying. Bottom line is: strength and will power go a long way and if we can find it within ourselves then all the better. I'm guilty of ranting about shit like this myself and honeslty, a good slap in the face is what we need sometimes.

My approach to the problem is very cynical, and I know that I may seem to lack both emotions and sympathy. I never said it was easy, I know how hard it is myself as I went through an "inner transformation" myself which lasted for about a year. I won't bore you with details. It was the hardest time of my life, but it was also the most important time of my life. What bothers me is that people don't seem to realize that there is a solution to the problem, and want to drown in self-pity because it's the easy way to deal with the acne.

Well I have cancer and I still consider the damage it's done to me compared to acne minuscule. Comparing one thing to another is not helpful. Sure I have cancer, but there's always someone who has a more colossal cancer case than me so I am in fact better off than them, but does that help me at all? No, I still have a disease.

Well, I guess it's each to his own. I had cancer myself when I was a kid, a genetic one. One day I will have to tell my wife or girlfriend that our kids will have a 50% chance of getting cancer too. This bothers me 1532153x more than acne did. Maybe you're right. Maybe you can't compare diseases against each other, but I would choose acne over cancer 100/100 times. Most people would. It's all about perspective. Anyway, bottom line from my side is that happiness is a choice. As the poster below you pointed out, you can choose to approach the problem the way you want. No matter what disease you struggle with, choose the first alternative. Different problems, same solution. Enjoy life.

to answer the original question, yes, i have cancelled things due to my face

i cancelled a uni reunion and said i had food poisioning becasue i was so ashamed at how bad my face had become.

as for people who say "at least your not blind/deaf/have cancer etc" i am so sick and tired of that bull shit comment. if thats the case im pissed off becasue i wasnt born into a millionaire family with a clear face, a lightning fast metabolism and a 12" choad. it works both ways... im pissed off i was born short, fat, with acne and with a receading hairline... im fucking pissed of about it... but hey... blah blah blah at least i dont have fucking aids or cancer or whatever..... fuck that... shut up! The fact that millions and millions of people are worse off or starving or dying does not and i repeat DOES NOT give me the slightest bit of releif from my condition. i really feel bad for them, dont get me wrong. i have seen first hand the despair of cancer. i have cared for people whilst they have taken their last breath becasue of cancer, i have read to the blind and assisted the less fortunate.... thats what people do... they help each other... get over it...by telling someone "at least you havent got cancer" is no more use then informing them that the sky is blue and the grass is green. its obvious... it doesnt help... STOP DOING IT

Obviously i would rather have acne than cancer or something equally as serious, but most people here fortunatley dont have it, they have acne, so why fucking mention it.

I agree you need to be positive and ignore the pain that acne brings... live your life and enjoy what you have.... but for once can someone put a fucking plug in it and not mention that people have cancer... and its worse than acne....

i need a drink

to answer the original question, yes, i have cancelled things due to my face

i cancelled a uni reunion and said i had food poisioning becasue i was so ashamed at how bad my face had become.

as for people who say "at least your not blind/deaf/have cancer etc" i am so sick and tired of that bull shit comment. if thats the case im pissed off becasue i wasnt born into a millionaire family with a clear face, a lightning fast metabolism and a 12" choad. it works both ways... im pissed off i was born short, fat, with acne and with a receading hairline... im fucking pissed of about it... but hey... blah blah blah at least i dont have fucking aids or cancer or whatever..... fuck that... shut up! The fact that millions and millions of people are worse off or starving or dying does not and i repeat DOES NOT give me the slightest bit of releif from my condition. i really feel bad for them, dont get me wrong. i have seen first hand the despair of cancer. i have cared for people whilst they have taken their last breath becasue of cancer, i have read to the blind and assisted the less fortunate.... thats what people do... they help each other... get over it...by telling someone "at least you havent got cancer" is no more use then informing them that the sky is blue and the grass is green. its obvious... it doesnt help... STOP DOING IT

Obviously i would rather have acne than cancer or something equally as serious, but most people here fortunatley dont have it, they have acne, so why fucking mention it.

I agree you need to be positive and ignore the pain that acne brings... live your life and enjoy what you have.... but for once can someone put a fucking plug in it and not mention that people have cancer... and its worse than acne....

i need a drink

Mindset is the keyword. You can be pissed because "the grass is greener on the other side" or you can be happy for being luckier than shitloads of people. It may not help you, but it helps me whenever I feel sorry for myself, which I never do any longer. You said it yourself. Enjoy what you have instead of wishing for something better. It's all about perspective, and that's why I have no problem using cancer, wheelchairs or dead dogs as arguments. I see people blaming acne every day for their fucked up lives, while other people with way more severe acne don't complain at all and are happy as fuck. Feel lucky by the fact that it could be worse. Feel motivated by the fact that you can always be better. Simple as that.

Cheers.