Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi my names James, im 19 years old, and im on here to find a solution to my acne! I have just started college and this summer i broke out very badly on my chin and around my mouth. The same thing happened last summer and i broke out very badlly so then i started tetricycline. So then i was on it for a year... and last winter tetricycline had my face completely clear... but then this summer all my acne came back again... So then i stopped taking tetricycline and went to the doctor.... she prescribed me minocycline but its just another type of tetricycline and i turned out buying Natures cure 2 part for men which has hormone balancing pills and also vanishing cream which is 5 percent benzoyle peroxide. I then went and got olay facial scrub. And i decided that theres no point in taking minocycline because it just takes away acne for the moment and it ends up coming back!

So now its been a month sence i did the natures cure 2 part system for males... acne has had a slight difference but hopefully it may get better... and recently every day ive been puting real hot water on a wash cloth and puting it on my infected area and making the skin around there hot almost too the point of burning but dosnt burn me... just feels really hot! I heard its good too do for cysts and such!

but i was doing research today and i came across a skin disorder called Perioral Dermatitis and it sounded alot like my acne... yet im male and Perioral Dermatitis is most common in females and very rare in men... Can anyone tell me if my acne is Perioral Dermatitis? or just regular severe acne? and if any of you can tell me any tips or anything that may work on me? thank you! and caution! acne looks bad!

post-59992-1220255239_thumb.jpg

post-59992-1220255239_thumb.jpg

Try using Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion. It works well for cystic acne and doesn't contain BP or SA. It's a sulfate. His product line is based in New York but I ordered mine on the website. I'm on Doxycycline and am still waiting to be cleared up. How long did it take for Tetra to clear you up?

Try using Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion. It works well for cystic acne and doesn't contain BP or SA. It's a sulfate. His product line is based in New York but I ordered mine on the website. I'm on Doxycycline and am still waiting to be cleared up. How long did it take for Tetra to clear you up?

i started march 2006 and it took about 2 to 3 months to clear up! i just remember when my senior year started it was slightly better but was getting better as time went on! i remember i was using a wash cloth and using just safe guard anti bacterial soap on my face to wash! and i was puting vitamin E oil on! and the whole winter my skin was clear but then 2 weeks tell the end of senior year i started getting acne again! and then it was in its prime again about july or june and i was still on tetricycline! so i stopped using it!

In the past I was in your position many times, and here's what I would usually do:

For existing cysts, I used Tazorac .1% gel. It's a harsh topical that you'll need a prescription for, but if you apply it to your cysts a couple times a day, it will dry them out. It will also make the area red, but it will decrease the size of your cysts.

Then, once you notice some improvement in your cysts, take two days off of the Tazorac and let your face recover. Then go to a benzoyl peroxide solution.

Right now I'm on Dan's Regimen, and it works tremendously in preventingmy cystic acne (doesn't work for existing cysts).

I know you are using a 5% benzoyl peroxide topical, but maybe you should try going with a 2.5% BP topical 2x a day like Dan says. I used to use a 10% BP topical 2x a day and it worked on my acne but also irritated my face a lot. A month ago though, I listened to Dan and switched to his 2.5% BP and the irritation has decreased a lot. Best of all, the 2.5% solution is better on the acne, just because there is less total inflammation on the face (and it has been proven that the 2.5% BP works just as well at preventing acne legions as the 5 and 10% BP, with less irritation.)

The sad thing about acne is that it affects everyone differently, and different treatments are effective for some people while ineffective for others (as evidenced by the thousands of natural and prescription remedies out there).

I would look to your diet too as a possible contributor of your acne. Foods that spike your blood sugar level (starchy foods, breads/gluten, pastry, junk-food) are starting to be recognized more and more as possible acne culprits (I restrict them in my diet and it has a positive effect). Experiment with your diet and drink plenty of water to flush your body and keep inflammation low.

i started march 2006 and it took about 2 to 3 months to clear up! i just remember when my senior year started it was slightly better but was getting better as time went on! i remember i was using a wash cloth and using just safe guard anti bacterial soap on my face to wash! and i was puting vitamin E oil on! and the whole winter my skin was clear but then 2 weeks tell the end of senior year i started getting acne again! and then it was in its prime again about july or june and i was still on tetricycline! so i stopped using it!

Does the wash cloth help? I think hot compresses expand your pores more. It looks like the main issue is the inflammation and if you can minimize it it will probably look less severe. Try icing it instead. 2 to 3 months is a long time, I think it's best not to take antbiotics. I'm getting really anxious cause mine came up all of a sudden, like within 2 months and nothing seems to be working well so far.

well heres an update... my acne has gotten a whole lot better! ive been still using the 2 step Natures Cure for men which ive been using for over a month and a week or so... the 5 percent benzoyle peroxide and the hormone balancing pill... the cream dosnt make my face all dry anymore... i also use olay daily face scrub which is a salicylic acid treatment... and my nose, chin, and forehead isnt oily anymore... i had the T zone where only my forehead, chin, and nose would be oily... and my cheeks would be dry... now its all even... and im not oily any longer...

and i am also taking monocycline and ive been on it for about a week and a half... my acne has gotten a whole lot better!

and yea the wash cloth was working... for a while... i would use anti bacterial soap which was safeguard on the washcloth... and would use it on my face... but i stopped because i changed from using bar soap to the olay facial scrub... and ive been doing the hot compress and its working as well... feels good!

post-59992-1221345321_thumb.jpg[

post-59992-1221345321_thumb.jpg

The left side of your face has gotten SO much better...and it has only been two weeks! Keep at it...I wouldn't use soap on your skin though. It might be too drying/irritating.

Huge hint: Don't take minocycline....or any other oral antibiotic for ACNE. Not worth it.

Huge hint: If you ever give a suggestion to anyone, provide a reason with it.

On my understanding of it, antibiotics can cause antibiotic resistant bugs which would probably be worse in the long run, as they promote the emergence of cell wall deficient (CWD) bacteria, which I think are harder to kill. LONG RUN WARNING AGREED WITH karma89! Also, antibiotics destroy beneficial bacteria alongside the bacteria they are supposedly designed to eliminate, apparently. Also, antibiotics apparently also cause long term damages to the liver. Also, maybe antibiotics themselves are responsible for CAUSING bacterial overgrowth. Overall, I would never ever touch them, and I never would recommend their use even if someone was dying. Besides that, I think some of them modify the body by altering normal protein synthesis, so they just do not seem that healthy.

"The Beta-Lactam antibiotics (cephalosporins and penicillins) that attack cell walls are deadly to blood-borne bacteria but ineffective against Cell Wall Deficient bacteria. In fact, they actually promote the formation of the tiny L-forms which have been photographed living inside phagocytes" (Mangin, 2008). Since some antibiotics inhibit cell wall formation (Mangin, 2008), I would say that the body's natural processes that require cell wall formation would also be disrupted. In my opinion, it is not a reasonable risk to take.

Mangin, M. 2008, Cell Wall Deficient Bacteria and the MP - Essential Information About the MP (Required Reading), Accessed September 2008, http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/2810.html.

Thats Definatly Acne........

Not as bad as mine though......lol i wouldnt consider that Severe since its only in that spot.

Mines all over my body like that From Head To Ass

On my understanding of it, antibiotics can cause antibiotic resistant bugs which would probably be worse in the long run, as they promote the emergence of cell wall deficient (CWD) bacteria, which I think are harder to kill. LONG RUN WARNING AGREED WITH karma89! Also, antibiotics destroy beneficial bacteria alongside the bacteria they are supposedly designed to eliminate, apparently. Also, antibiotics apparently also cause long term damages to the liver. Also, maybe antibiotics themselves are responsible for CAUSING bacterial overgrowth. Overall, I would never ever touch them, and I never would recommend their use even if someone was dying. Besides that, I think some of them modify the body by altering normal protein synthesis, so they just do not seem that healthy.

"The Beta-Lactam antibiotics (cephalosporins and penicillins) that attack cell walls are deadly to blood-borne bacteria but ineffective against Cell Wall Deficient bacteria. In fact, they actually promote the formation of the tiny L-forms which have been photographed living inside phagocytes" (Mangin, 2008). Since some antibiotics inhibit cell wall formation (Mangin, 2008), I would say that the body's natural processes that require cell wall formation would also be disrupted. In my opinion, it is not a reasonable risk to take.

Mangin, M. 2008, Cell Wall Deficient Bacteria and the MP - Essential Information About the MP (Required Reading), Accessed September 2008, http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum2/2810.html.

There's your reasoning. It's pointless, and it harms your body. What other reasons do you want?

yea well ive read about the side affects and horror stories... 1 person said they got all this pressure on there brain and they went to the doctor to get the fluid drained out of there brain and it took like 70,000 dollors and they rather of had acne instead of taking monocycline... but idk i was on tetricycline for a year and it was working but it stopped working this summer again... and im only gonna be on monocycline for 6 months to a year i gues... but honestly the antibiotics seem like the only thing that helps... but ive heard alot of good stories coming from antibiotics... i have numerous friends who have taken acutane and other antibiotics and there acne is completely gone... i had a friend growing up with cysts all over his face... looked horrible... he went on acutane not 1 time but 2 times and his face is completely clear! and i get no side affects from monocycline that are apparent... and i go in for regular blood tests and such to see how my kidneys and liver are and there perfectly healthy i was told.. even after being on tetricycline for a year...

you just have to drink alot of water for the antibiotics to flush out good! which i do! i also work out regularly so that helps as well! but honestly after my doctor told me tetricycline and monocycline can be harsh on ur kidneys and liver... i refused to take monocycline and my acne progressed alot more and so i decided ide give in... and my doctor told me that i have bacteria basically living in my skin and the monocycline has to get rid of it completely then you can come off of it! but thx for the advice about the damaging affects =D!