Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick_nodular

~~PICTURES OF MY FACE~~

There you have it. My half mug shots.

Any ideas would be nice....not sure where to start.....

hmmph......

o yeah....my left ear is is pointy.....too bad its only the left.....

I could have made it in the next "christmas movie" haha...

post-79793-1220246918_thumb.jpg

post-79793-1220246943_thumb.jpg

post-79793-1220246918_thumb.jpg

post-79793-1220246943_thumb.jpg

Hi Nick:

I feel like I am in the same situation because my scarring looks almost exactly like yours. At this point, I am still waiting for a solution. Unfortunately, most of the treatments avaible right now just don't work. The link above is for micordermabrasion, which is worthless for scar treatment. I am hoping Acell treatments will be available in about a year. It is new and looks promising. The fraxel Re:pair looks interesting too but I'd have to research it more.

Anyway, good luck on on treating you scars, and if you decide to undergo a procedure, please let us all know how it goes.

Hi Nick,

I am a woman, and my scarring was similar to yours. I am using juvederm injections to fill out and even up the indentations, which works well. It does not completely hide all scarring, but it does make a noticeable improvement. I have been on a skin care regimen, which includes retinol and other exfoliants. This also makes a noticeable improvement. I am also planning to try a TCA peel, a mild chemical peel, which is supposed to even out the top layer of the skin. So far, the only downside to the treatments have been the expense, about a thousand dollars so far, and the discomfort of the injections. The juvederm has to be replaced about every six months to a year. I'm hoping the chemical peel will smooth things out a little more permanently.

It is helpful to look at the scars as a sort of "maintenance issue" that has to be kept up rather than something that can be cured once and for all. I tend to view it as a health issue and just accept it like someone with diabetes who accepts that they have to check their blood sugar and take insulin. They live normal lives and have fun, and you will too.

By the way, your half mug shots look great to me. You have a nice face, nice lips, and terrific biceps in your other photo. No woman in her right mind would give any notice or thought to a few facial scars, especially when the rest of you looks so great.

kayegirl

This page has some useful information:

http://www.cosmeticskin.com/skin-Acne-Scar-Treatments.shtml

Looks like you have some mild ice pick scarring.

I don't know how effective treatments are for ice pick scarring. I'm no expert but it seems like people with rolling scars are most likely to get the best results. I guess scars like ice picks or other deep scars penetrate too deeply into the skin to get dramatic improvement. That's too bad for me b/c I have quite a few deep scars in addition to mild scarring. Overall I think your scarring really isn't too bad.

kayegirl: very well put.

i too get juvaderm and collagen injections, which have greatly improved things, but they don't last more than 4 mos for me, which makes it pricey. they also don't totally fix the scars, but the improvement is amazing.

can you you share your routine? i'd love to hear it. i need to start doing something more than the injections to keep things looking good.

thanks in advance.

....i have been thinking about the microdermabraision thing.....

I have had some facials at local beauty salons....but when i leave there my face looks pretty red and blotchy...

....accutane will start for me later this year......like around December. My back is starting to break out again...

I have similar scars now for like 6 or so... but a bit worser I think.. I had accutane 6 years ago.

I almost forgot about the scars, but I do believe other people notice it though, maybe subconscious.

But now i got a couple new scars and i visit this site looking if theres a treatment.

All I can say is all the possible solutions confuse me. There's so many, and most have different opinions about them. For acne its clear Roaccutane will clear it up. But for acne scars?

Me? I just want them to be smoothed out a bit, dont need them completely gone, I think if they smooth out a but it will look pretty cool :)

So I go to a derm. and ask him what he thinks...

It looks like you only have a few icepicks...and the right side is even more mild. Since they seem isolated on certain areas of your cheeks maybe you could try needling or tca cross the individual scars. Microdermabrasion does nothing for icepick and most indented scars but it could help with light discolorations and blotchiness

From what I think I know & learned microdermabrasion does almost zero for scars/scarred skin. RETINOL products & high powered CO2 laser make collagen the best, but who wants the downtime with CO2 lasers. So maybe a lesser laser like Erbium Yag THEN a filler. If silicone is the filler you're thinking of because it is permanent then make sure the derm who does it has done many many silicones before you.

I agree with the above poster. Honestly, if you get breakouts under control and wait a few months, you'll probably find that your skin looks normal.

Certainly don't do any harsh treatments to start out with. It's just not worth it when your scarring is so mild. Consider a non-ablative method. I don't know anything about Fraxel personally, but you might want to look into it. Needling is another I'd consider as it also basically preserves the epidermis. Those are 2 of the more popular non-ablative methods on this board.

All treatments take months to show whether they work or not. Another advantage of a non-ablative methods like the two I mentioned is that downtime is usually pretty short; and you don't have to walk around looking 10x worse for 2 months while you're waiting to see if it worked.

Oh and one more possibility I forgot to mention is subcision. Some of your scars seem like the type that procedure may be appropriate for. It's also non-ablative.

Lastly, keep in mind that non-ablative/low down-time does not necessarily mean things can't get worse. I honestly haven't read any account of needling making things worse (though that doesn't mean it can't happen), but I have heard of things getting worse from fraxel and subcision. They're safer than most procedures but not 100% safe. Good luck.

I'd like to have someone perform needling on me, ....Maybe on my back cuz those are some wicked scars!!

Also, a facial would be nice, in exchange for a great back massage. (or area of choice)........(ladies only)....haha...

:)