Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pog

Clarifying Shampoo

My hair is looking weighed down, even right after I wash it...I need a good clarifying shampoo! Does anyone know of a good one? I'm thinking of Bumble+Bumble's Sunday shampoo, but I don't know...is there something cheaper that won't dry my hair out?

If you have a good quality shampoo, you can just add about 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to it which has the same effect as a clarifying shampoo.

Make sure you condition afterwards. I usually do this right before i colour my hair so i dont have any uneven patches.

Goodluck :)

I think clarifying shampoos are drying by nature...I could be wrong but they're made to clean off the gunk from your hair, no? and all the natural oils that happen to be there, too. Anyway, I just use one by Neutrogena as I need it, I'm not sure how good it is cause I have nothing to compare it to but my only complaint is that it smells like I drenched my head in men's cologne

One way to rid your hair of build up is to rinse it in apple cider vinegar. It doesn't smell so great, but it does the job and is cheap. Plus you can use any shampoo/conditioner. In order to avoid dryness, do no more than once a week.

FYI...You can get ACV for only the cost of shipping! Enter code MOD625, apple cider vinegar

One way to rid your hair of build up is to rinse it in apple cider vinegar. It doesn't smell so great, but it does the job and is cheap. Plus you can use any shampoo/conditioner. In order to avoid dryness, do no more than once a week.

FYI...You can get ACV for only the cost of shipping! Enter code MOD625, apple cider vinegar

Thanks...I was wondering if I could use ACV for this! It seems to be good for everything else, and I already have some one hand, so I'll give it a try.

And thanks for the other suggestions as well!

My hair is looking weighed down, even right after I wash it...I need a good clarifying shampoo! Does anyone know of a good one? I'm thinking of Bumble+Bumble's Sunday shampoo, but I don't know...is there something cheaper that won't dry my hair out?

Fredrick Fekkai has an Apple Cider Shampoo (expensive though. if you go to a Bath & Body Works Flagship store, they can give you samples if it that last a long time)

ALSO...as weird as it sounds...Head & Shoulders has a great new line of shampoos and conditions that don't weigh hair down and smell great.

regis design line has one called luxe purify. it's a clarifying shampoo meant for color treated hair. it is awesome. i suggest it to all my clients because it doesn't dry the hair out like so many clarifying shampoos do.