Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iliad

Facing people in public

For as long as I have had acne I've been careful about which side of my face I present to people in conversation. If I sit next to someone and one side of my face has a bad breakout I am sure to sit so that they see my "better" half. Anyone else like this? I think I do it unconsciously a lot of the time, but I do it just the same.

And another thing: you ever worry about how people describe you? Acne seems to be what sets me apart from the rest of society, so I wonder if that's how I'm pointed out.

"Do you know Iliad?"

"You mean that tall kid with the red hair?"

"No, not him. He's got black hair and bad acne..."

"Oh yeah, THAT guy!"

:(

Soon you'll be "that guy with black hair and great skin" (a girl not a guy would be saying that though!) :)

I know what u mean though and Im sure many people on here do. I try not to worry about it now that Im on accutane and know that one day my skin will hopefully be clear

We're our worst critics, people prob dont notice our acne as much as we do. Human beings are too into themselves to focus that much on someone else, let alone their skin!

Its a passing phase..you'll be all clear soon! Good luck Iliad :)

Ah, I used to do that when I had most of my acne on one side of my face. It's now on both sides of my face and I'm always looking down when I speak to people :/

And as the person above said, "We're our worst critic."

Hopefully we'll get our skin cleared soon :)

Soon you'll be "that guy with black hair and great skin" (a girl not a guy would be saying that though!) :)

Its a passing phase..you'll be all clear soon! Good luck Iliad :)

Awe, thanks so much! =]

The right side of my face has worse scarring and worse pigmentation then the left. So I find myself positioning myself carefully alot. Its annoying to have to think about it all the time. Same as lighting/shadows/etc.

If Im wearing a hoody I'll also place the hood on the right side so it covers my right side of my face up slightly

my extremely grown-out hair can be utilized to cover up my whole damn face.

if you saw me in public you'd swear i was the creepy girl from The Ring

..it serves a dual purpose by keeping people AWAY

I know exactly what you are talking about. Hahahaha ^ the above post. Yes, I always try to show one side or the other of my face. But how come it says on your sig 'clear skin and clear skies beyond'?

Uh huh. That's me.

I'm sure if you can think of a way to hide acne, I've done it.

I wish I knew people on the org in real life. I think my happiness would skyrocket.

I'm convinced that my left profile is nicer than my right so I find myself trying to stand in the right places to avoid people looking at my worst angles. Silly, because I'm sure they're both the same in actuality. The right hand side of my face has better skin though, so that evens it out :naughty:.

Like a lot of us here seem to do, I also usually have some of my hair covering my face. I just feel more hidden and safe behind it. I'm sure the people who live near me must think I'm always up to something suspect because of the way I tend to shuffle around looking shifty and self-conscious.

Yes, I always try to show one side or the other of my face. But how come it says on your sig 'clear skin and clear skies beyond'?

It says that cause that's my goal. It's also the motto I've adopted for my tane course. But I don't have clear skin at the moment. Tane has done so much to help though. Thanks nino and others for the replies.