Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frustrated101

redness from retin-a

i recently stopped using retin-a micro because it had made my face super sensitive (even if i wanted

to pop a pimple i couldnt because i would rip the skin around it off my face was so irritated and

sensitive). and on top of that my face was bright red. I used it for a good 4 months (only because it

dramatically helped my acne) but as of 3 weeks ago I stopped using it because I couldnt take the

redness (Id rather have a couple pimples here and there). So far my redness has significantly gone

down. but its not all the way down. I was wondering, how long do you think it will take for the

redness to be completely gone?

It's been about 5 or 6 months since I stopped using Retin-A, and finally, my face is the same color as my neck and body.

The redness, if you were irritated as much as I was (which sounds like), is going to take a while to go away. It's important that you don't use any other irritating medication, like BP at the moment.

I mean, even after 5 months, from time to time (like when I get flustered or when I wash my face in hot water), my face will slightly return to the redness that it had from the tretinoin, but it's gotten so much better, I can actually live my life without always being asked why I look like I got a death sunburn.