Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to use CeraVe cleanser before applying BHA but know that the cleanser needs to be at a low pH in order for the BHA to work. Does anyone know the pH of this cleanser? Also, I read that the pH of Cetaphil is around 6-7 which I found interesting. Doesn't this mean it could irritate the skin?

I use a cleanser, then toner, then BHA. So should the toner also be at a low pH? It's alcohol and fragrance free so it's not exactly a toner, more like a hydrating mist of some sort.

The cleanser's pH will not necessarily affect the effectiveness of the BHA. It's the pH of the BHA that has to be low for it to actually work on the skin. The cleanser should preferably be at a pH that resembles the skin, so about 5.5 to 6.

OK. I always thought that low pH products should be applied with other low pH products. I was under the impression that whatever you use directly before the BHA will effect how the BHA works.