Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I am Snow

To leave somewhat dry or moisturize?

OK well after I get out of the shower or get my face wet at all it gets tight feeling and dry. Usually, it doesn't peel. If I notice it is a little flakey near old acne spots, I will apply a very small amount of moisturizer to that spot so it doesn't start peeling. My question is: Should I just always apply moisturizer instead of leaving the skin dry? Or should I let the skin be dry and hydrate itself? I drink a ton of water and usually it keeps my skin naturally moisturized through the day.

You should apply moisturizer. It's not helpful to your skin leaving it dry, even if you drink a lot of water - in fact many moisturizers are designed to help your skin retain the water you drink as a method of moisturizing.

As long as it's a non comedogenic moisturizer don't worry about putting some on. Just don't slather your face with an ultra-thick layer and you should be fine:)

I would have the same problem after i got off accutane for the first few months, when ever my face would get wet; shower, pool, or just washing my face, it would be so tight that it would hurt to open my mouth wide. But, i didnt want to risk putting anything on my face that would irritate it besides the things i was already putting on it to stay clear. These symptoms later went away, but i never put anything on to keep the tightness away. If you are liking the way you look even though your dry, i wouldnt risk the moisturizure. For me, the tightness went away in a few hours, so i would just wake up a few hours earlier than normal, wash my face, then go back to bed and when i woke up, my face would still be clear and not tight. Hope this helps.

I would have the same problem after i got off accutane for the first few months, when ever my face would get wet; shower, pool, or just washing my face, it would be so tight that it would hurt to open my mouth wide. But, i didnt want to risk putting anything on my face that would irritate it besides the things i was already putting on it to stay clear. These symptoms later went away, but i never put anything on to keep the tightness away. If you are liking the way you look even though your dry, i wouldnt risk the moisturizure. For me, the tightness went away in a few hours, so i would just wake up a few hours earlier than normal, wash my face, then go back to bed and when i woke up, my face would still be clear and not tight. Hope this helps.

Yeah, it always goes away after an hour or two. The moisturizer I use is oil free and for faces and all, but I still seem to get more acne when I put on moisturizer. But I know that once skin stretches, it stays like that, so I don't want to damage my skin.

I would mousturize if it feels dry because if you become flakey u will get more acne.

and even tho mousturizers sya wont clog pores, oil free, and derm tested dont trust em!!

check out this site, it was a life saver for me (really it was). I had really bad cosmetic acne due to my wash and mousterizer. This site tells u how much chemicals clog pores and irritate skin:www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist