Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dreamweaver66

So Fed Up..I know the Questions, Just Looking for Answers

Hello Everyone, I know that there are people here that deal with the same issues as myself. I would like to hear from some of you please.

Here is my little story, I will keep it as short as I can.

I am 42.

Acne: I have had since I was 10 years old, but the acne is not nearly as bad now.

Blackheads: They are thick.

Scarring: I have scars (old pitted scarring and scarred pores) from my acne when it was bad when I was younger.

Sensitive Skin (Extremely Sensitive): I have sensitives to Retionoids, AHA's, Hyquoine (sp), BP, Scrubs, (lots of things turn my face red, some leave my face red for days). I think SA (BHA) is starting to become a problem now too. My skin becomes itchy, I think when oil breakthru happens though.

Oily: I am extremely oily all over (even at this age). I think I get itchy when the breakthru of oil starts. Although (excluding my face) my hair is dry and the rest of my skin.

Aging and Wrinkles: I have been using a Cleanser on my face for oily skins (Cilnique Facial Soap for Oily Skins) and some MOM (I just spot treat at night on my acne). No moisturizers or anything else used on my skin. Except for eyemakeup, foundation and lip gloss. MOM and Clinique have helped some with my oil production. Oh, and I take 1000 mg. of fish oil.

My skin looks leathery.

But now I am faced with another dilemea, I am noticing all of the wrinkles I have around my eyes and mouth.

So everything is a NO WIN situation.

Can someone help me with all of my issues.

Any suggestions to help with the wrinkles around my eyes, should I be using a different soap, should I add moisturizer (eye creams). My skin is so sensitive, but I know I need to start a regimen for wrinkling. My skin is not dry or flaky. I am so sensitive to everything that will help me. I also feel like leather face with scarring.

Sorry so long, I am just tired, so very sick and tired.

I am 44 - same exact issues. Below is a list of my regimen. It took me a lot of time and money to finally get the right products.

I found out that my biggest issue was that I was using harsh cleansers and not moisturizing. Having had acne since a teenager moisturizing seemed like the anti-christ. But it is very important to moisturize. Most of my life my skin was super oily and nothing irritated my skin. Now, my skin is super sensitive, mostly from retinoids. I can no longer tolerate Retin-A, but I can tolerate Differin. My skin changed. Now I have to deal with acne, sensitive skin and wrinkles. There is an excellent book that deals with skin types: The Skin Type Solution: A Revolutionary Guide to Your Best Skin Ever by Leslie Baumann. $5.99 at Amazon. The author also has a website with a message board.

If you decide to follow my regimen, than I would start with using the cleansers for a month with no treatments. Using the following cleansers my skin improved in a matter of a few days. Then slowly add Differin (once a week for two weeks, every 3 days for 2 weeks, every other day for several weeks and then finally every night. Do the same with the Obaji serum which will treat hyperpigmentation and wrinkles).

MORNING:

Cleansers: La Roche Posay Toleriane

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=374&tid=511

Immediately followed by this moisturizer:

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=335&tid=511

Followed by this:

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=2183&tid=133

Followed by this:

http://skincarelab.stores.yahoo.net/laroantispf5.html

EVENING:

Cleanse and Moisturize

Wait 1 hour and then apply Differin

If you chose to by these products - use the promo code SKIN10 and it will take 10% off the total bill. I think MUA20 takes 20% off. I love that store, they ship Priority Mail, and it is free with a purchase greater thatn $49. So I have always gotten my order in two days.

The La Roche Posay line just introduced makeup products as well. The Toleriaine foundation covers very well, but it is hard to find - check Amazon or go to Alexspa.com.

dreamweaver,

I saw where you posted in the MA log by Lion Queen. I came to this site in search of acne/anti wrinkle help. I am 38 almost - God that sucks- but anyways - I started to buy products to help me before coming to the org to help with anti aging and it seemed everything I tried broke me out, gave me a rash/reaction. I found Lion Queens log and the MA log and read for hours- finally relieved that there may be stuff to use that can help with acne and aging. I started with MA - and had pretty ok/good results - I added other products in - but only those that others have tried here - my skin is tough and can handle stronger things or mixing it up a bit, only if it is with the right products - does that make sense? Anyway MA is a good place to start - if you are interested- and then work your way to other things and see what works too.

I am adding vit c to my regimen - I saw Mrs.Z's info and will look into that one and would love to try differin, but insurance and drs have yet to prescribe. I agree with her about moisturizing - I never did it - and it was with fear that I started to do it back when I joined the org -waiting for the first zit to pop up!

The best thing for me was exfoliation - with your sensitivity - it may be tough -but will help with the wrinkles around the eyes, etc. It did for me - I don't have dry or flaky skin either. I also use philosophy's hope in a tube around my eyes - the most or layer over other stuff-at night - it is has made a huge diff for me there.

Also - cod liver oil - yes it is gross - but 1 teas a day has really helped with my oil - it is vit a - and it seems that for me - it is what my body needed.

Ok - I rambled - good luck with what you decide to do.

Oh....thank you...thank you....thank you both for responding :)

I am so very happy to get some answers for people like me!!!!

I just cannot thank you both enough!!! Sometimes it is hard to get responses here for us more mature gals. I feel better already.

I will look into both of your regimens and check them out.

Hi Dwhaa:

I thought that you could get differen OTC online somewhere, I could be thinking of another Retionoid (sp) though.

I am concerned about exfoliation though because my skin is very sensitive. I am just using water on my face right now because PC Hyroquione (sp) gave me very red reactive skin (and that happened about 2 1/2 weeks ago) and still recovering. AHA don't fair well with me either (even Neutrogena's Healthy Skin for Sensitive Skin) made my skin reactive and proactive toner. Uggggggg.....

Ewwww.cod liver oil (no matter how gross) I will try it and hold my nose whilst swallowing it.

And MA, I will probably try also, but only the one with no alochol. I hope it is gentler than GA.

I can handle Vitamin C well with no reactions, but it is so very expensive!!!

I will also look into Philosophy's Hope in a Tube :)

Yes it does suck to be this age!!!! That is why I HATE being called a lady or Miss!!!

Thanks so much!!

Hi Mrs. Z.

I understand about harsh cleansers and have decided to give them up, period!!!! They only parch my face and suck everything out and leave my face prickly feeling (even though I am oily), makes no sense.

I did have the book "Skin Type Solutions" but got rid of it and I have been to their site lately just browsing. As I remember the book just addressed me using harsh cleansers and made me even more confused. Have they updated the book?? Maybe it should re-purchase the book and try re-reading it again, since it is so cheap.

I was also thinking of repurchasing PC's "Cosmetic Counter Book" by I do not think she has updated her book for awhile and many of the products may not be around anymore. I also had this book and got rid of it. I am trying to compile a list of things that are better for my face, without irritating.

Thank you so much for your skin Regimen products. I will look into these products since I am not familar with them right now.

And yes, I will learn to moisturize, still looking as I do not want a silicone based moisturizer :)

Thank you both so much again :) HUGE HELP!!!

Oh, one more thing GC (Green Cream) (Ethenol) second ingredient. Ewwwwww...... I am not sure I could handle this product or any retionoid since I am so very sensitive, although I would love to find one.

I was just reading on Amazon that Paula B. had a new edition of her book which came out in 2007.

I stay away from green cream (retinol).

If your skin is really sensitive - I would start out by using the Toleriaine cleanser and moisturizer and only that for a month before adding anything else.

Before I used that line, my skin would burn after working out. It was that sensitive. After I started using the products my skin no longer burned after exercise.

Its good to give your skin a break.

they have flavored cod liver oil - I have Cherry- and it isn't so bad - but wash it down with water!

We should have a forum for anti aging/ acne battling women over the age of 35! There is some great ladies out here who have tried alot of stuff! Especially the Mods!

Good luck on your search for what works for you.

Mrs.Z - have you ever tried the La Rochey Posay Rosalic? (sp) good for rosacea, but I have heard others say good things for helping with the redness for us too.

Hi Mrs. Z

Yes, I am giving my skin a break right now (just water), that is all. No makeup, nothing (except for my mascara and eyeliner when I go out). I know that I look horrible without makeup because I have scarring though. I am going to try needling for that (by a professional) in the near future.

I just cannot even handle any cleanser at this moment after my huge reaction with using 2% Hydroquione (sp) from Paula B. only one time.

I did get Paula B's Book last nite when I went to the bookstore, but could not find the Skin Solutions Book. I wll get it soon.

I still need to look into your regimen, it sounds like you have some great suggestions :) And that green cream, I cannot understand the praises about it, because of the second ingredient being "ETHENOL"!! How much worse can it get, I think it must be very damaging to the skin in the long run. (Just my opinion)

Hi dwhaa:

I will be sure to get the flavored cod liver oil (it is in the grocery store right)? Stupid question, but where would it be located in the store (around which items). I think I can live thru it :)

YOUR QUOTE "We should have a forum for anti aging/ acne battling women over the age of 35! There is some great ladies out here who have tried alot of stuff! Especially the Mods!"

I Agree!! There should be a place separate place for over 35's!!!!! It would be great!!! We sometimes face more issues, great idea!!!

Thanks to both of you!!

I got Natures Made and it was at a pharmacy in the vitamin section. I did the gel tabs, but I like the results of the liquid form better.

I feel for u, I am 27, almost 28 and dealing woth pimples that just wont go away. I am so so so so so sick of the spots and right now just wanna cry....I was suppose to go for my first aid certificate this morning. i arrived, went to the bathroom and looked in th emirror, I saw spots everywhere, almost in tears, i walked out the front door, got in my car and drove back home...Pathetic or what.

I wish there was some sort of miracle cure, I really do.....

Hang in there!

Trent

Dwhaa: I have never tried Rosailic. I think the fact that it is green tinted - scares me a bit. It neutrilizes redness, but it doesn't actually stop it.

As far as adding Vitamin C to one's regimen, I think you have to be very careful in chosing the right product. Many can cause acne or cause extreme irritation. It is important to read product reviews. Makeupalley is a very good source for product reviews. There is also epinions.com, amazon.com and of course Paula B's books and website. You still have to be careful with what you read - if you read reviews and see that 50 out of 75 are from people who tried it for a few days or one week and type like this: tYpe lIKe tHis - then those sources are pretty questionable.

I am going to stop using the Obaji C-Clarifying serum, since I am going to go up to Differin 3%. I just don't need that much stuff on my skin.

Yes, I am giving my skin a break right now (just water), that is all. No makeup, nothing (except for my mascara and eyeliner when I go out).

I cut all treatments and makeup out of my regimen for 2 months. I only washed my face with and olive oil combo cleanser. My acne improved. I just now am starting to introduce treatments.

Like you, I have terribly sensitive skin. When I used hydroquinone, my skin went ballistic. I can't use retinoids anymore and Differin didn't work. I made a choice not to use prescription products anymore. It's too much of a hassle visiting a doctor.

My skin looks leathery and wrinkly too. I've decided to try at-home lactic acid peels. Hopefully, this will help exfoliate without harsh scrubbing. Scrubs cause bad reactions on my skin -- redness, dryness, breakouts. I hope this helps with wrinkles and pimples like it's purported to do.

It's unfortunate that standard anti-aging moisturizing products break me out. And that the anti-acne products make me look older.

Just letting you know I'm in the same boat as you are.

BigPore,

I started with Nucelle - as an anti aging and anti acne - does great on both counts - supposedly great for sensitive skin - I know that I have had really bad leathery skin when I started - but I found using diva dryer wash cloth in the shower really changed my skin - removed the top layer of yuck. With your sensitive skin, you may have to be careful, but it really works, and the products that you use are much more effective when you do.

Mrs.Z - I am using believe it or not 10% vit c serum at night only from avon - I only use it every 3 days as I rotate my products. I like it and it hasn't caused me issues yet. Their glycolic peels are great too, I found that out from Wynne one of the mods.

I am trying out right now Lancomes foundation Teint Idole and it is a little drying but does stay on better than I expected- I usually have it slide off my face by 10 am! Will keep you posted if I like it or not - still on the fence!

Hi Mrs Z.

My sensitive skin handles Vitamin C very well. I have used it before (purchased from SkinSentuals) or something like that and used it every night. Came in a Opaque Bottle with a dropper. Never had a problem with it at all.

Now everything else I could possibly put on my face, I have problems, even sensitive skin cleansers.

I just did start back to washing my face every day (Wednesday nite) and am doing OK so far, but nothing else on the face yet.

Hi Big Pore

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having, but I can relate very well.

I also understand about looking leathery and wrinkly.....uggggg. Nobody makes products for oily, sensitive, acne, older skin. If you have sensitive skin, they think obviously you need something very moisturizing, ummm.....I'm oily..... If you are older, they assume you have no acne or oil so only make things that are very emolient (sp)......so for oily people they leave out all the good stuff, antioxidents and stuff like that. It is a no-win situation.

I also have a lactic acid peel kit here too, but I am afraid to use it. I do not plan on using it in the near future anyway. My face needs to be re-introduced slowly.

I know and feel how frustrated you are. You sound exactly like me.

Hi dwhaa

What is a diva dryer washcloth? Did you get this from Nucelle?

See that you do glycolic peels, I can't. GA irritates my skin too bad....

I have never tried Lancome's Teint Idole, but have looked into it. I just purchased Cliniques Superfit. This is a foundation I have used before, just needed to re-adjust the color because I was using one that did not match my skin tone.

Maybe in about a month or two I can start using it..........also bought some oil blotting sheets.

---------------

Just out of curiousity, how long does it really take to form a pimple, is it true that it is two weeks??? If that is the case it is gong to take me forever to add everything back into my regimen.

By the way, I am getting good ideas from Paula B.'s book.

Do you know that she has taken accutane and had laser surgery.

BigPore,

I started with Nucelle - as an anti aging and anti acne - does great on both counts - supposedly great for sensitive skin - I know that I have had really bad leathery skin when I started - but I found using diva dryer wash cloth in the shower really changed my skin - removed the top layer of yuck. With your sensitive skin, you may have to be careful, but it really works, and the products that you use are much more effective when you do

Nucelle perfected this poster's skin. Check out the b&a pics in the thread.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/NuCelle-C...FE-t179851.html

I want to try it but I'm scared.

Thanks to all of the 30 & 40y/o ladies who blog here. Just celebrated 43 this week with the eruption of a new cyst to my neck/jawline which will likely reside there for the next 2 weeks (typical). I'm using Benzaclin with some success, but want to start Spironlactone and wondered what menstrul effects anyone has had and how they have regulated themselves.

Thanks for any input.

Cystomatic1 :dance:

I am 44 - same exact issues. Below is a list of my regimen. It took me a lot of time and money to finally get the right products.

I found out that my biggest issue was that I was using harsh cleansers and not moisturizing. Having had acne since a teenager moisturizing seemed like the anti-christ. But it is very important to moisturize. Most of my life my skin was super oily and nothing irritated my skin. Now, my skin is super sensitive, mostly from retinoids. I can no longer tolerate Retin-A, but I can tolerate Differin. My skin changed. Now I have to deal with acne, sensitive skin and wrinkles. There is an excellent book that deals with skin types: The Skin Type Solution: A Revolutionary Guide to Your Best Skin Ever by Leslie Baumann. $5.99 at Amazon. The author also has a website with a message board.

If you decide to follow my regimen, than I would start with using the cleansers for a month with no treatments. Using the following cleansers my skin improved in a matter of a few days. Then slowly add Differin (once a week for two weeks, every 3 days for 2 weeks, every other day for several weeks and then finally every night. Do the same with the Obaji serum which will treat hyperpigmentation and wrinkles).

MORNING:

Cleansers: La Roche Posay Toleriane

Immediately followed by this moisturizer:

Followed by this:

Followed by this:

EVENING:

Cleanse and Moisturize

Wait 1 hour and then apply Differin

If you chose to by these products - use the promo code SKIN10 and it will take 10% off the total bill. I think MUA20 takes 20% off. I love that store, they ship Priority Mail, and it is free with a purchase greater thatn $49. So I have always gotten my order in two days.

The La Roche Posay line just introduced makeup products as well. The Toleriaine foundation covers very well, but it is hard to find - check Amazon or go to Alexspa.com.

Hi Mrs Z.

My sensitive skin handles Vitamin C very well. I have used it before (purchased from SkinSentuals) or something like that and used it every night. Came in a Opaque Bottle with a dropper. Never had a problem with it at all.

Now everything else I could possibly put on my face, I have problems, even sensitive skin cleansers.

I just did start back to washing my face every day (Wednesday nite) and am doing OK so far, but nothing else on the face yet.

Hi Big Pore

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are having, but I can relate very well.

I also understand about looking leathery and wrinkly.....uggggg. Nobody makes products for oily, sensitive, acne, older skin. If you have sensitive skin, they think obviously you need something very moisturizing, ummm.....I'm oily..... If you are older, they assume you have no acne or oil so only make things that are very emolient (sp)......so for oily people they leave out all the good stuff, antioxidents and stuff like that. It is a no-win situation.

I also have a lactic acid peel kit here too, but I am afraid to use it. I do not plan on using it in the near future anyway. My face needs to be re-introduced slowly.

I know and feel how frustrated you are. You sound exactly like me.

Hi dwhaa

What is a diva dryer washcloth? Did you get this from Nucelle?

See that you do glycolic peels, I can't. GA irritates my skin too bad....

I have never tried Lancome's Teint Idole, but have looked into it. I just purchased Cliniques Superfit. This is a foundation I have used before, just needed to re-adjust the color because I was using one that did not match my skin tone.

Maybe in about a month or two I can start using it..........also bought some oil blotting sheets.

---------------

Just out of curiousity, how long does it really take to form a pimple, is it true that it is two weeks??? If that is the case it is gong to take me forever to add everything back into my regimen.

By the way, I am getting good ideas from Paula B.'s book.

Do you know that she has taken accutane and had laser surgery.

Diva Dryer Mitt

http://www.folica.com/Mimi_s_Diva_Dry_d1823.html - this is a good link about it - except I bought it a local store. I need to order another one. I really like it, it is better than using a microfiber washcloth, to me and it really exfoliates your skin, but you have to be careful not to over do it.

Yeah :dance: to the over 35 year old crowd!!! Yes, even though we are over 35 we still have skin issues!! I just had to respond because I feel exactly like you all do. And it looks as though we are all relatively close in age. I am a few months shy of being 40.

I have done all the glycolic peels, had laser treatments to supposedly tighten the skin and help with rebuilding collegen. I have tried so many products cheap ones, expensive ones, etc. I have taken all the antibiotics/creams/retinoids from my dermatoligist. And here I am now taking Accutane!! It is just crazy the things we have to do, the products we have to try, the money we have to spend, and all we really want is CLEAR SKIN!!! I would of thought by now, being 40, I wouldn't have to deal with the break outs anymore. It is just horrible.

I too have read Paula B's books. I am currently reading the Beauty Bible. So far, it is by far, my favorite. I have learned some great things from her books. I have yet to try her products.

I haven't used the diva dryer either. For those of you who have taken Accutane, is this something I could be using now? I have such dry skin and need to get some of it off. Just wondering if I should try the diva dryer or if my skin is too fragile at the moment.

A few other products that I have heard great things about and have bought but are sitting on the shelf until I am done with Accuatane, are Mama's Lotion, Green Cream, and Mandalic Acid. For those of you who haven't tried them, you should look into to them.

I have also tried Emu oil as a mosturizer. I was wondering if any of you have tried Jaboba oil and if you liked it better than the Emu? I didn't really see anything results from the Emu.

I am one of those that will try just about anything, if you say it will help clear up my face!! Now with all these years focusing on clearing up my face, now I have to find the products that will help with the wrinkles as well. I almost feel like the products we use to help clear are face cause wrinkles. I don't know, it all just seems like a vicious cycle to me.

Keep up with the posts, it makes me feel as though I am not alone, with the over 35 crowd!!

Hello bstmama - You have Accutane sitting on your shelf? Is that before the whole IPledge program?

I did not know that Paula went on Accutane. I had a big problem with Paula's advice, back in the first-second edition of her book. She goes on and on about irritation. But her program for those with acne and oily skin included using Retin-A with AHA and BHA's and it was way too much exfoliation for a lot of women and can be highly irritating (what she always warns about). Now when I was in my 30's I used Retin-A with a AHA every morning and my skin was fanastic - so she is right. However, as I turned 40 that started to become far to harsh for me. So I don't know.

I heard it takes at least 3-4 weeks for a pimple to form. Which makes me wonder. People who put a new product on their skin and say in 3 days their skin broke out from it - was that product really the cause? Or was it what you put on your skin 2-3-or 4 weeks before?

Hello bstmama - You have Accutane sitting on your shelf? Is that before the whole IPledge program?

No I don't have Accutane sitting on my shelf-I am currently taking it. I had to do the whole IPledge thing as the rest of them do. I have alot of product sitting on my shelf waiting for my Accutane course to be over with so I can use it.

I did not know that Paula went on Accutane. I had a big problem with Paula's advice, back in the first-second edition of her book. She goes on and on about irritation. But her program for those with acne and oily skin included using Retin-A with AHA and BHA's and it was way too much exfoliation for a lot of women and can be highly irritating (what she always warns about). Now when I was in my 30's I used Retin-A with a AHA every morning and my skin was fanastic - so she is right. However, as I turned 40 that started to become far to harsh for me. So I don't know.

I heard it takes at least 3-4 weeks for a pimple to form. Which makes me wonder. People who put a new product on their skin and say in 3 days their skin broke out from it - was that product really the cause? Or was it what you put on your skin 2-3-or 4 weeks before?

Hello- Mrs Z

No I don't have Accutane sitting on my shelf-I am currently taking it. I had to do the whole IPledge thing as the rest do. I have alot of product sitting on my shelf waiting for my Accutane course to be over with so I can use it.

I didn't know Paula was on Accutane. You must have me mistaken for someone else. I don't remember saying she was on Accutane? I do have her books, and I have gotten some pretty good information from reading them. I am reading her Beauty Bible at the moment, and I do like how she explains what to look for in product ingredients. Make's lots of sense to me! When I use a new product I usually wait 6-8 weeks to see if it is going to cause me to break out. I do agree with you, what my skin could handle in my late 20's early 30's deffinately could not handle in my late 30's and now 40. My skin is pretty fragile at this point in my life and reacts quicker to anything that I use. Back when I was younger, I could use just about anything on my face and have little or no reaction from it at all. Hopefully after I am finished with Accutane I won't have the crazy break outs- I will just have wrinkles instead :angel:

Yeah :dance: to the over 35 year old crowd!!! Yes, even though we are over 35 we still have skin issues!! I just had to respond because I feel exactly like you all do. And it looks as though we are all relatively close in age. I am a few months shy of being 40.

I have done all the glycolic peels, had laser treatments to supposedly tighten the skin and help with rebuilding collegen. I have tried so many products cheap ones, expensive ones, etc. I have taken all the antibiotics/creams/retinoids from my dermatoligist. And here I am now taking Accutane!! It is just crazy the things we have to do, the products we have to try, the money we have to spend, and all we really want is CLEAR SKIN!!! I would of thought by now, being 40, I wouldn't have to deal with the break outs anymore. It is just horrible.

I too have read Paula B's books. I am currently reading the Beauty Bible. So far, it is by far, my favorite. I have learned some great things from her books. I have yet to try her products.

I haven't used the diva dryer either. For those of you who have taken Accutane, is this something I could be using now? I have such dry skin and need to get some of it off. Just wondering if I should try the diva dryer or if my skin is too fragile at the moment.

A few other products that I have heard great things about and have bought but are sitting on the shelf until I am done with Accuatane, are Mama's Lotion, Green Cream, and Mandalic Acid. For those of you who haven't tried them, you should look into to them.

I have also tried Emu oil as a mosturizer. I was wondering if any of you have tried Jaboba oil and if you liked it better than the Emu? I didn't really see anything results from the Emu.

I am one of those that will try just about anything, if you say it will help clear up my face!! Now with all these years focusing on clearing up my face, now I have to find the products that will help with the wrinkles as well. I almost feel like the products we use to help clear are face cause wrinkles. I don't know, it all just seems like a vicious cycle to me.

Keep up with the posts, it makes me feel as though I am not alone, with the over 35 crowd!!

Deadbeat007 accutane log - she is going to use the baby brush and she just bought emu oil as well, so I am sure it is ok to use- if you ramble around that area, I am sure you find alot of advice from all of them as to what works and what doesn't.

I bought emu oil in the winter- it was from Longview farms - it has this funny smell to it, like chicken grease smell, it nauseated me but it works well and was supposed to help with healing spots. I found jojoba works best for me - and when I first started using the MA and my skin got real leathery looking, I would take the jojoba - like a teaspoon and rub it around and around my face gently with a baby brush and helped loosen up that dead skin, plus make my skin super soft.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...categoryId=3728, I recently started using this - every other night and my skin is a little drying so before I go to bed, I am putting jojoba on my skin as a moisturizer. I love jojoba to remove my eyemakeup! It is great. Dan's is the most affordable for the amount you get!

One really dry spell I had around my eyes - I put on my eye cream and put a layer of aquaphor over it - all night - it was great in the am. I think I got that from Justamomtoo - she my personal advisor on the website of stuff to try! Also, Aquaphor is great for accutane users I have read!

When I was on Accutane I used jojoba oil and vaseline for the most part. I don't like aquaphor because it has mineral oil in it and mineral oil breaks my skin out. My skin just never got dry and scaley and I was on 100 and 120 mg for the last few months of my treatment. But of course my lips and the inside of my nose were horribly dry.

dwhaa-

I think I will give the Johoba oil and baby brush a try-why not right? :angel: Emu oil not only looks like chicken grease it smells bad. Oh yes, Aquaphor and I have become very good friends. I put that on 24/7. It helps so so much with the dry lips. The other night my face was so dry, I put a thick layer on my entire face! Sounds gross, but hey, it worked for me. I felt like a grease pit, but I was so desperate for my skin to have some kind of moisture. All the lotions that I have, nothing has worked. I can put moisturizer on and within 20 minutes it has soaked in and my face is tight again. As for getting advice from Justamomtoo- she is the best-I love product junkies like myself!! I also know that somethings work for others that may not work for me, but I do like to try new stuff.

Let me know if you like the Peter Thomas Roth stuff, I have never tried that particular product, but he has a great eye cream!! Great products. Has some nice scrubs too- :angel:

I just sent justamom an email because I just bought the TSV from HSN - and wanted to know what she thought about it! I may send it back, but I was interested in their new A Force product to see if it would be good for me to try. I don't like to do too much at a time - but interested in finding something that takes care of alot of stuff, instead of all the different things i alternate to help me with redness, acne, wrinkles, firming skin, eye stuff, you name it! I have yet to find that perfect thing!

I just started the PTR product and it was a toss up between that and DDF's fade gel 4.