Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Makeitmakesense.

Just out of curiosity...

I've never worn makeup before to cover up because I never had to. :| However, since I've developed acne I feel that I should. One, to preserve my sanity and two, to have a normal active social lif again. Since I've developed acne I've refused the thought of wearing makeup but it's gotten so bad that now I feel as though I need to. My question is:

Would guys rather see an acne prone girl cover her blemishes or would he rather he "let it all hang out"? In other words, is wearing make up a turn off if underneath it she has acne?

The way I see it is, "this is what I look like right now and even if I wear makeup it doesn't take away the fact that the acne is still there". I guess I've always been more into the natural look and most guys have told me the same. However, what if natural isn't so beautiful anymore because of countless flaws? Does it become more approprites then to cover them up?

I'm not a guy, but I think making the most of what you have is important. I don't think laying on the makeup like paint is a good idea or even pretty, but at least trying to downplay blemishes and play up good points makes a person seem like they care about themselves and the way they look. Just like, you can leave the house is sweatpants and a dirty t-shirt, but putting on a nice outfit will make it look like you give a crap and have some pride in yourself.

I'm not a guy, but I think making the most of what you have is important. I don't think laying on the makeup like paint is a good idea or even pretty, but at least trying to downplay blemishes and play up good points makes a person seem like they care about themselves and the way they look. Just like, you can leave the house is sweatpants and a dirty t-shirt, but putting on a nice outfit will make it look like you give a crap and have some pride in yourself.

Good points. Thanks for your advice.

Hi,

Sorry I'm not a guy either, but think you should do whats right for you. Every man I've been with has always preferred me without make up, even though I think I look hideous. Contrary to what us women believe we think men find attractive, I think men prefer us to be just who we are. Saying that I would never leave the house without make up and nor do I do it to please men, I wear make up so I can feel confident. If you think it might help you, then give it a shot. You can still look natural with a little make up, just get some advice on appying it right.

Guys like it when women groom and take care of themselves. They like it when you feel good about yourself. Many cannot even tell when you have subtle makeup on.

IMO, makeup makes you look polished and groomed, and makes it seem like you care about your appearance. More importantly, if you feel better with it on, then wear it!

BTW: Lots of guys think makeup is nice on a woman, just as they might appreciate a flattering outfit. I've had straight men compliment my makeup many times. They especially love when I wear red lipstick.

You'll probably feel better about yourself with a little foundation and powder, but don't get into the habit of wearing a pancake-y layer of it. I wish I never did, because now whenever I have to run out of the house without makeup on my guy friends are like "wtf, i had no idea"

I find sweatpants strangely attractive actually, don't ask me why because I don't know. They've got to be good looking in the first place though.

Maybe it's because it just looks really relaxed, making them appear as a more relaxed person..?