Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LemonsAndLimes

Anyone notice location trends in their acne over the years?

I've had acne since I was about 15 or 16, I actually remember the day I got my first break-out - was on a flight to Italy, great timing:)

I'm now 24 and I've noticed trends in the location of my acne...

It first started on my jawline just below my ears and it stayed there for about 9 months, fairly short time. Then after that it moved to the area around my mouth and lasted about 6-7 years. At the age of 20 I started getting breakouts on my forehead and it seems to be creeping towards my cheeks now.

I thought it was interesting that acne would follow some kind of a pattern and actually move around my face. Tried finding more info online regarding trends relating to this but there doesn't seem to be anything. It almost seems like it's breaking me out based off where my facial hair started to grow (I can grow a full beard now except for a couple places on my cheeks).

Anyone else experience similar trends of moving acne?

when i was 9 i only had acne like on my forehead (but just alittle) then wheni was 12 i started using benzamycin (it was moderate by then) and it moved to my cheek bones and under my eyes (but not on my sides of my cheeks) then i started dalacin-t when i was 14. and it moved to my chin then it went to my forehead again like 2 weeks ago. now it gone:P

ppl who pop their pimples find that they get ones in the exact sme places because when u pop a pimple u release the bacteria under the skin (or even if you scratch or push on a pimple). Ppl who have bangs get acne on their forhead due to the bangs. IDK bout shaving (as I am a female), but ppl say that causes acne.

I have had my acne migrate but it is caused by bangs and I used to only spot treat and so i would clear out the the spot treated pores so the bacteria would go else where :/

Shaving definitely reduces my acne. My face is acne free pretty much. My cheeks beside my nose where my beard doesnt grow is where most of my breakouts used to occur.

And my forehead too, where i used to pick at the skin, but again no more...

At the moment it's most severe on my chin and the sides of my nose. This is pretty much a constant, however, since I started pinning my bangs back my forehead has clear up a little bit.

When i saw "location" i thought you meant geographic location and even though you didnt mean it that way...Im sharing anyways :) I live in CA and had barely any acne, I went to florida for a week and BOOM protein everywhere (replace protein with acne :P)...and I am pretty convinced that its the ridiculously humid climate that made me break out, any other theories on this? let me know!

I'm currently 16. I didn't develop any acne until age 13, and it was only one or two small pimples at a time. At 14 it started to get worse, in direct correlation to when I had to start shaving my mustache hair. Suddenly, a ton of little pimples above my lip. Worst place to get pimples in my opinion. By the end of that school year those were calming down, but I developed a good amount of comedonal acne on my forehead. Of course, I was an idiot and basically popped any little pimple that appeared. To my credit, I did it properly - with a sterilized needle gently pushing... usually gently...

In any case, my forehead acne had calmed down dramatically by the start of the next school year, age 15. Unfortunately, it was then I started to develop mild acne on my chin and bellow my cheeks. This didn't appear to correlate with shaving, as I had been shaving that area for months already. In any case, it took a good amount of time to vanquish that acne with DKR. That leads me pretty well to where I am today, which is very minimal acne. I'll have the occasional pimple, but I don't suffer breakouts. Thank god for DKR. :)

Hm.

I'm fifteen. I was hit with acne right before I turned fourteen--two months before my birthday during CHRiSTMAS [great time to break out like nuts, huh?]. I ended up with thirty seven dark scars [spots that aren't exactly freckles, but look ugly as heck because it's all in one area?]. I counted. That was nearly two years ago. Wonder how many I have now...

My acne's mostly been on my forehead. Probably because I have bangs--doesn't help that I now use bangs to hide the scars -_- Occasionally I get a really bad zit on my nose, leaving red marks. Bummer, but those usually go away after a month. It seems to be moving towards my chin at the moment.

I have two to six zits on my cheeks throughout the year--so my cheeks are pretty darned clear, but it seems that this summer, they decided to break out like nuts and now I have scars xD Bye bye, soft looking cheeks. Hello, ugly freckly thingies from hell :D

Mostly on my forehead though. Definitely on my forehead.

I am 24 and first broke out when I was 14. I remember waking up and being met by ten bright red spots on my left cheek. Only my left cheek to... However, from that day I broke out pretty much everywhere over my face - forehead, chin, jawline, neck, ears!

Most recently however, I would say over the last 5 years my breakouts have all tended to be in the lower half of my face. I still do get spots every now and then on my forehead etc but I do have times where no spots are actually there. My favourite one which seems to always come back, is a spot right between my eyes where your nose starts. That one perhaps is the most embafrassing spot! Lol.

Currently, I am 2 months off of minocycline which I had been on for 6 months. My spot frequency seems to have reduced and pretty much all of my spots now are around my mouth and chin, and these ones unlike in the past are very red spots, take forever to come to a head and then leave a red mark behind afterwards. I haven't really come across this type of acne before and am struggling to know how to deal with it. In the past my acne has been mainly whiteheads and the occasional papules. But now I seem to be getting this fairly large, 5mm pustules. Anyone have any tips on how to treat these?...

I should add I have been using BP for around 6 months now as well - I use a wash version, which is 10%. I was using Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser but I have just switched to Panoyxl Wash 10. Although this has different ingredients it is also a facewash with 10% BP. I would use a redueced strength, but I can not find face washes with a reduced amount - I have tried using BP 2.5% cream/gel (both) in the past but my face is very sensitive and it makes it extremely dry/red even after using it just once every other day and slowly building it up. It seems the face wash is the only thing with BP I can use that isn't quite so harsh and my skin. As well as that, I moisturize my face.

Mined used to migrate all over my forehead, but now it's consistant all over my forhead. Creeped up on my jawline too. Luckily my cheeks are untouched by acne, I'm going to freak out if they do though because that's my only area that's both acne free and scar free

I do notice location trends in my acne. It's almost always in the same places. I occasionally get breakouts around my upper and lower cheeks. I also break out on the left and right sides of my chin before, during, or after my menstrual cycle. Sometimes I'll have small bumps on my forehead. I also get small bumps on my back. So the interesting part is this: According to Chinese diagnosis considerations, upper cheek breakouts are caused from lung stress from pollution smoking or asthma (my dad is a huuuge smoker so I'm constantly breathing in second-hand smoke toxins). Lower cheek breakouts are caused by gum or tooth problems (I have a dental phobia so those cavities I got when I was five and refused to brush my teeth? Yeauh, they're still there.). Not to mention I never remember to rub my phones down with alcohol and I always rest my chin/cheek area on my hands without even bothering to wash them beforehand. Breakouts on the left and right sides of the chin are caused by ovaries (hormonal increase, especially prior to menstruation). I don't know how you all feel, but I think that's pretty damn cool. Next time I have a breakout in some random place I may have to check up on the Chinese diagnosis! As far as my forehead and upper back breakouts...I have long hair and bangs. Damn comedogenic conditioners!!!

My mild to moderate acne does follow a trend of some kind, it doesn't move about but it's still strange. It often shows up almost exactly where I used to have a spot growing or somewhere close. These days it's my left cheek that's got the persistent acne, nice to see that most of my face is clear but kind of annoyed the acne is stubbornly staying on my left cheek.