Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One of the things that annoys me the most about clear skinned people's idea of acne is that it is caused by just general slobbiness or having no pride in your appearance, and also that acne is simple to get rid of if only you put in a tiny bit of effort. Like just eat a few more veggies and slap on some proactive and it will all dissappear in a few days. Nothing could be furthur from the truth, in fact, I think a lot of people with acne are actually quite paranoid about it - well I am anyway.

I was reading this gossip blog recently and there were some pics of Britney Spears with some (quite mild) acne. Now I am NO fan of Britney's but the comments really pissed me off. Stuff like:

"I thought she stopped doing drugs now? How come she still has all those spots?"

"wtf? I though all she eats now is like brown rice and veggies? Obviously not, cause she still has acne."

"how fucking difficult is it to rub on some proactive and make an appointment with the dermatologist?"

"just wash yo face, bitch. Ugh, I just want to scrub her down with disinfectant, scrub off all those zits."

"OMG that ZIT. I can't stop looking at it. It's like a third eye."

Now yes, I realize britney most likely IS slobby, but the point is she would be just as acne prone even if she was not. I guess what really makes me mad is this idea that acne is EASY to get rid of. They don't even realize that someone like Britney could be undergoing acne treatment, since the results don't show for six months or so for many people.

Yes, clear skinned people can be so ignorant about acne it really makes me mad. They don't know the hardships we go through and they will never know. Everytime I get a comment like that, I wish I was a voodoo shaman that can curse them will severe acne. But then again, if I had a wish like that come true, I would ask for clear skin.

Let me tell you, I exercise everyday, eat tons of veggies and fruits (although I do eat my meat/chicken/fish cause I LOVE MEAT!) lol, sleep regularly and keep up w/ my hygiene. I also have a job that demands me to be very active (personal trainer) and yet I am still stuck w/ acne.

I am antiobiotics at the moment and will be goign on accutane in 2 weeks. Wish me luck.

Best of luck with 'tane, oyku!

yeah, people are soooo ignorant when it comes to acne. They have no idea about initial breakouts, or the element of trial and error that's involved in treating acne, or the long months of waiting to see just a slight improvement. They think that as soon as you summon up enough effort to see a dermatologist, or wash your face...BOOM your acne will be cured. :badgrin:

yeah, people are soooo ignorant when it comes to acne. They have no idea about initial breakouts, or the element of trial and error that's involved in treating acne, or the long months of waiting to see just a slight improvement. They think that as soon as you summon up enough effort to see a dermatologist, or wash your face...BOOM your acne will be cured. :badgrin:

I totally know what you mean here. People just have no idea about it. Its all these adverts you see on tv that make people think its a quick fix with this" MIRACLE SPOT TREATMENT GEL SEE RESULTS IN MINUTES OMFGBBQ" ect imo.

I totally know what you mean here. People just have no idea about it. Its all these adverts you see on tv that make people think its a quick fix with this" MIRACLE SPOT TREATMENT GEL SEE RESULTS IN MINUTES OMFGBBQ" ect imo.

You know, I used to believe crap like that... till I got smart and did more research into the cures I used.

its made so much worse by ppl like jessica simpson and p diddy claiming they had the worst acne in the wolrd before using proactive, which cleared them up..